Oprah's Got a Crush on Obama!

7/17/2007 2:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Oprah has a crush on ObamaChat empress Oprah Winfrey put rumors to rest that she might be running for president -- by instead throwing her hefty support behind democratic candidate Barack Obama. Lucky Obama will benefit from an Oprah-fied fundraiser to be held at the daytime diva's massive Santa Barbara mansion this September, reports today's L.A. Times.

Those thinking of attending should start saving now: Getting in the door will cost $2,300 -- that's the maximum individual contribution for primary season. Collected contributions of $25,000 or more will score you access to a VIP reception, and a donation of $50,000 or more will garner a seat at a private VIP dinner with the possible next president.

Think Isaiah Washington, who has also thrown his support behind Barack, was invited? Doubtful!

perceptive

I've read more than I need to know about Obama, and he scares the heck out of me.

BiGBallin

Obama was raised Muslim. He didnt convert to Chrisitanity until he entered the politcal arena and wanted people votes.

When is the media going to run stories on his Muslim upbringing??? America has a right to know. I have not heard him EVER dennounce Muslim extremists who kill in the name of Allah.

perceptive

#39, speak for yourself.

Zenophobe Alien

She made me boink Lewinski. She is a man in disguise. Don't be fooled people.

monique

Also, racist. "And I know who is the father of my child." Please. Did you even finish high school? Honey, try "I know who fathered my child" or "I know who the father of my child is." That, my dear, is proper English.

stopthepresses

Now that Oprah has thrown her support to Obama or Barry or whatever his name is, I SURE won't vote for him. She IS WAAAY overated. I just don't get what people see in her. She is the biggest snob in America. Had a big whoop de do black/white ball and stated the dress code would be either black or white. and then wore a RED dress, so she alone would stand out. She makes me nauseous.

Zenophobe Alien

Hillary is a Man! Pleas ya'll don't be fooled.

perceptive

#42, you are correct.

v

I love this guy...I'm voting for him

monique

Whomever wins in 2008, we don't need another ignorant, arrogant and reckless President who embarrasses the country every time he opens his mouth.

Dee

To # 4, All African Americans are not voting for Obama as you stated, I do not consider myself an African American because I have no ties to Africa, nor have I ever been there, and don't want to go there, but I am a woman of color. I thought that Oprah was behind Obama where else would he get that kind of money? she is wasting her time and money because he will not win that race. Some of us have good comon sense, we do not vote by color, but we do vote for the person that we feel is qualified, has the most experience and can get the job done. Hillary Clinton is my choice because she has been there and done that along with her husband, and I am sure that he will guide her all the way. In spite of his weaknessess, Bill Clinton was a wonderful President, Hillary learned a lot from him, she is ready. To all black people, I say forget Oprah and Obama,do whats best for our country, vote for Hillary.

huh

Here is why the DEMS won't be able to put "one of their own" in the White House in "08

This is the most emailed article on The Washington Post website. A non partisan newspaper.....remember Woodward and Bernstein....Watergate

This article cuts past the HYSTERIA of everyday media.

Enjoy!!

GEORGEORWELL11

TO THE PEOPLE WHO INSIST THAT COLOR IS SUCH A BIG DEAL ,YOU ONLY BETRAY YOUR OWN NARROW-MINDED BIGOTRY, WE NEED TO ELECT THE BEST CANDIDATE, I DON'T CARE IF THAT PERSON IS A MALE OR FEMALE, BLACK,WHITE OR PURPLE, WHAT REALLY MATTERS IS GETTING SOMEONE INTO OFFICE THAT WILL START TO TAKE CARE OF US(WE THE PEOPLE,REMEMBER?),I AM SICK AND TIRED, DISALLUSIONED AND SADDENED AT THE CURRENT STATE OF OUR "UNION", THERE ARE SO MANY PROBLEMS ,WE NEED A FRESH START,WE NEED TO CLEAN HOUSE, RETURN TO THE VALUES THAT ONCE MADE US INTO A GREAT NATION, WE HAVE TAKEN A DANGEROUS ROAD TO DECLINE,(SEEMS LIKE AFTER THE VIET-NAM WAR),ASSINATIONS,MURDER,STRIFE,GOVERNMENTAL CORRUPTION,ENVIRONMENTAL DEGRADATION,ABANDONMENT OF THE POOR,ELDERLY,SICK, HOMELESS,CORPORATE GREED,ARROGANT HEGEMONIC FOREIGN POLICIES,A TURNING AWAY FROM GOD, SLEAZE IS RAMPANT,EDUCATIONAL EXCELLENCE ALL BUT EXTINCT,(for the middle -lower classes higher education is beyond reach),THE LIST GOES ON AND ON AD NAUSEUM, IS THIS REALLY AMERICA ANYMORE? TELEVISION PROGRAMMING PANDERS TO THE LOWESTCRAVING OF A DECADENT SOCIETY THAT GLORIFIES SEX AND VIOLENCE,WHILE THE HIGHER NOBLER ATTRIBUTES ARE ALL BUT IGNORED AND EVEN REDICULED,WE ARE COMMITTING NATIONAL CULTURAL EDUCATIONAL AND MORAL SUICIDE! IT IS TIME TO WAKE UP AND STOP THIS MADDNESS THAT IS GAINING MOMENTUM BEFORE WE REACH A POINT OF IMPLOSION AND SOCIAL ANARCHY, HISTORY IS FULL OF EXAMPLES OF THIS VERY SAME DYNAMIC AT WORK THE RESULTS ARE ALWAYS THE SAME ,DISSOULUTION,DECAY,DESTRUCTION OF THE INFECTED BODY(NATION)FROM WITHIN OR WITHOUT MAKES NO DIFFERENCE ,THE END RESULT IS THE SAME:NATIONAL COLLASPE, WHEN THE POWER ELITE LOSE ALL SENSE OF GOOD,AND TAKE ALL THAT THEY CAN IN THEIR BID FOR POWER AND DOMINATION EVERYONE SUFFERS,THE POOR FIRST,BUT EVENTUALLY EVEN THOSE LIVING IN THEIR MANSIONS WILL FALL,THE FRENCH REVOLUTION MAY BE A GOOD EXAMPLE. WE MUST CHANGE FOR THE BETTER OR SUFFER THE CONSEQUENCES,YOU DON'T HAVE TO BE A GENIUS OR ARELIGIOUS NUT TO SEE THE WRITING ON THE WALL......

perceptive

#45, you might as well give up trying to argue with me. I know about what I speak. In addition, you don't know proper GRAMMAR. I'm an English Major. I won't waste my time responding to you again. Get lost.

Playne Jayne

Everyone with Political History seem to be Corrupted ALready...

Who cares if he is muslim, christian or a jew... whether he is black or white... He is a good man who happens to have Oprah's seal of approval... Unlike her book club this is actually a good choice.

hillary should know about corruption she is as bad if not worse than her husband (hmm how much money did they make off of illegal business practices with their Pardoned friends)... who could really blame bill for gettin' some from other women... Hillary would probably just bite it off