Real Life Ugly for Betty

7/17/2007 3:23 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

A bloody accident on the set of "Ugly Betty" left star America Ferrera stunned, after a man tripped on cables and accidentally fell on his head. Betty boo boo!

On a typical episode of the hit show, there's always a gaggle of gays and gals slapstick-tripping over themselves, but this incident wasn't shtick!

A few minutes later it was back to work -- except for the falling dude -- who was taken to the hospital.

Patty

OHHHH THAT SUCKS, I would HATE to be that man

chillout music girl

sad story.. not funny

give the dog a bone

I'm not sure this is news-worthy (even by TMZ standards) Cut the guy a break and leave the camera off!

Pete

Not funny, I agree. Head injuries hurt like hell and bleed like no tomorrow.

That being said, that police officer is standing in a very funny position considering the situation. Caption: "I am here to save the day! I'm wearing tights under this uniform!"

Linda - Hi to PJ in Nashville

I smell a lucrative lawsuit!!

Zenophobe Alien

Lawsuit!

jk

Yeah, really funny when someone is hurt enough that he had to go to the hospital. I think this is beneath TMZ--today I am ashamed that I was reading here. If the person who ok'd this article being posted had ever had a head injury, we would not be reading this piece of non-news made into something "funny". Trash, and proof that TMZ had to pad their page today because they couldn't find proper news.

White Trash Ho Family

UGLY BETTY was cast in that role for a REASON. She's UGLY! I heard of getting hit by the ugly stick, but America Ferrera was beaten with the entire FOREST!

Cindy

This accident could have been avoided if the studio lot used chordsavers to protect there chords and avoid people tripping over them as you can walk on the chordsaver.

Check out www.chordsavers.com

Give cool a break

The cop on the middle take so much space but doesn't seem to do anything.

pz

To #7 - Beauty is not just on the outside but comes from within as well. America Ferrera is beautiful on the inside as well as the outside, something that, by the sounds of it, you're totally lacking in. Haven't you ever heard the saying "If you haven't got anything nice to say, then don't say anything at all"? Keep your childish, immature comments to yourself.

Sir Patty

Well...at least the cast didn't have to put down their DRINKS!