Taylor Hicks' Auto-bore-ography

7/18/2007 4:10 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

If you thought Taylor Hicks' music was boring -- wait 'til you read his autobiography! Snore Patrol!
Taylor HIcks
The 30-year-old Season 5 "American Idol" "winner" has just released his "inspirational memoir" called "Heart Full of Soul." Zzzzzzzzz.

In addition to covering his lackluster post-"Idol" career, the 272-page lullaby mentions how Hicks realized "Eminem has it right: when you only have one shot, you'd better lose yourself in the music." Mission accomplished Taylor -- you lost it alright!

Diane Carter

I purchased Heart Full of Soul and could not put it down until I was finished. I laughed and I cried. Taylor Hicks is a talented musician and singer. For all you nerds living under a rock he has been touring across the country appearing five and six nights a week. While you read this rag called TMZ he is making a fortune. His book is rated #181 at Amazon.com and they sell every book that is available for sale. I suggest that all struggling musicians and singers with a dream read his book.

haven36

Well. I, personally, didn't like Taylor Hicks at all on AI. He made me insane and I actually, a few times, retched. That being said, he has gone nowhere. Nowhere. You don't see him OR hear him anywhere. Where is his fan base. The shows over and I think most (not all) have moved on. He can't find a place for his music because, if you think about it, there is no place for that type of music. Unless you're tuned to an "oldies" station and he's too new to be old. I wish him no harm. But that book is so going to bomb. I don't know who published that but they aren't going to make any money for the company. I, too, had a slightly unstable home life when I was growing up. I don't assume anyone wants to read about it. We all have our own troubles. Who cares. You can see it on his face and in his demeanor. He knows he's OVER. And it's sad and pathetic watching him milk it out to the last drop when the cow's already dry. He got a once in a lifetime chance and he won the contest. (votefortheworst.com) He needs to let it go and move on. It's just pathetic. He needs to accept that he's not going to slide outside of American Idol.

TaylorFan54

I've never agreed on TMZ's opinion or their ethics and won't start now. When is the last time a staff member has picked up a book? Can't imagine they would have too much time to read because they are constantly following celebrities around trying to get another "crotch" shot. I read the book, loved it and enjoyed the story that Taylor Hicks had to tell of his struggles as a musician. Those struggles have made him into the excellent performer that he is today and after reading the book I have a much greater appreciation for his music. TMZ if you didn't like the book that's great, but why do you have to bash something that, in your opinion is boring? Give the guy a break and lay off.

carlitasway

Is it just me or does Taylor sound constipated when he sings? Sorry, I can't stand his voice and I have no idea how he won.

Kirby Alexander

Dude needs a management team that'll make him over and give him some pizazz..

Maddy

I'm not a fan of Taylor Hicks, but I agree that TMZ likes to trash the good guys. TMZ has a love affair with the rappers and the pop princesses and nothing will change that. One song from Taylor is all I can take at one sitting, and I have no interest whatever in his life story.. To say one has a lack of interest in his life story is not an insult, so please lighten up Soul Patrol.

TaylorFan54

#36 Sounds like you need to be the one to "let it go and move on". Why would you make those kind of comments about someone you know nothing about? I think you are the one with the issues.

Diane Carter

haven36 please read post 34 or even better have someone read and explain it to you. That helps when one has a problem with comprehension.

haven36

#40? Because this is a comment section. Duh.

Cabo

I always thought he was a nice guy, but i can't say I've ever been a fan. Who published this? What house? I hope they didn't do a big run on this. This will be remaindered more quickly than you can say "Soul Patrol." So uninteresting.

concerned

Who says it's over for Taylor? From TaylorMadeSoul.

Taylor Tour Schedule...UPDATED 6/21

This is contantly being updated and added to...it is a changing Taylor world. If you find something missing, or have an update, please PM me or another MOD so that we can update!!

Now starts our very own "Summer Concert Series"

6/15 Big Flats, NY - Tags (Kent Brown Toyota Concert Series)
6/16 Cohasset, MA - South Shore Music Circus
6/17 Hyannis, MA - Cape Cod Melody Tent
6/20 Council Bluffs, Iowa - Ameristar Casino Council Bluffs
6/21 Council Bluffs, Iowa - Ameristar Casino Council Bluffs
6/22 Cadott, WI - Country Fest
6/23 Niagra Falls, NY - NY Niara Wine Auction
6/24 Atlantic City, NJ - House of Blues
6/27 Norfolk, VA - The Norva
6/28 Austell, GA - Six Flags Over Georgia
6/29 Spartanburg, SC - Barnett Park, "Red, White and Boom"
6/30 Charleston, SC - North Charleston PAC
7/5 Charlottesville, VA - Paramount Theater
7/6 Hagerstown, MD - Maryland Theater
7/7 Glen Allen, VA - Innsbrook After Hours Music Festival
7/8 Ashburn, VA - Loudon Summer Music Fest
7/12 Waukegan, IL - Genesee Theater
7/13 St Louis, MO - The Pageant
7/14 Sparta, KY - Kentucky Speedway
7/20 Birmingham, AL - Reading to Benefit Kid One
7/21 Marksville, LA - Paragon Casino
7/22 Southaven, MS - Snowden Grove Amphitheatre
7/23 Goshen, IN - Elkhar County 4-H Fair
7/30 Branson, MO - Welk Resort Theater
8/1 Vicksburg, MS - Ameristar Casino ( Bottleneck Blues Bar )
8/2 Vicksburg, MS - Ameristar Casino ( Bottleneck Blues Bar )
8/3 Biloxi, MS - Mississippi Coast Coliseum
8/25 Pompano Beach, FL - Pompano Beach Ampitheater
8/26 Orlando, FL - Hard Rock Live
8/31 Dallas, TX - House of Blues
9/1 Charenton, LA - Cypress Bayou Casino
9/2 Orange Beach, AL - The Amphitheatre at the Wharf
9/6 Niagara Falls, NY - Seneca Niagara Casino Theater
9/8 Bethel, NY - Bethel Woods Center for the Arts (opening for Earth, Wind and Fire)
9/9 Wantagh, NY - Jones Beach Theater (opening for Earth, Wind and Fire)
9/28 Bloomsburg, PA - Bloomsburg Fair
9/29 West Springfield, MA - The Big E Festival
10/13 Millersville, PA - Pucillo Gymnasium, Millersville Univ.

wilson

Has he made an abulm yet? What happened to this guy he disappeared.

Intrigued

# 44 - Now you KNOW that Taylor has never "done anything." Haven't you been paying attention?

CDG

I actually read Taylor's book(unlike the idiot from TMZ ) and its really quite interesting and very funny at times. Mr. Hicks is doing just fine with his career. If you saw him on the View today, you would know he is a very happy man! Of course TMZ doesn't find him interesting...class isn't something they have any respect or appreciation for.

TMZ reader

Taylor rocks! Sexy fella!