Tammy Faye

Dies at 65

7/21/2007 11:02 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Tammy Faye MessnerTammy Faye Messner, who as Tammy Faye Bakker helped her husband, Jim, build a multimillion-dollar evangelism empire and then saw it collapse in disgrace, has died. She was 65.

Messner, who had battled colon cancer since 1996 that more recently spread to her lungs, died peacefully at her home Friday, said her booking agent, Joe Spotts, in an e-mail to the Associated Press.

A family service was held Saturday in a private cemetery, where her ashes were interred, he said.

More Today in TMZ History

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Donna

I knew Jessica Hahn in High School. I get upset to hear folks tear her down too. I used to sit on the bus with her every day on our way to BOCES. ONLY a MHS grad from 1978 will know what that is! Had many talks with her and she was a sweet kid. Jessica was a very spiritual teenager back then. She made mistakes and was mislead. I am so happy that Jessica got to hear forgiveness from Tammy Faye before she passed away. Jess broke down and cried about Tammy because she knows right from wrong. Jess, if you are reading this I am praying for you. I may never find you, but this is Donna from Massapequa. I signed your yearbook in 1977. Tammy Faye didn't deserve the attacks of the press. She was a good, kind, sincere woman. Seems like the woman in this got more attacks then the men. Rest in the arms of Jesus sweet Tammy!

Bonnie Bryan

I wasn't a big fan of Tammy's but the longer I got to know her from seeing her on TV the more I begun to like her.There was something but the lady and I think we have lossed someone very special.She showed her heart for everyone to see.Sone people can learn for her and her grace.

truth

first bitches!!!!

Colby

Such a sweet and beaming ray of light. Tammy Faye you have been through so much, I hope you are out of pain. You will be missed, RIP

truth

TAMMY FAYE SUCKS

JEEZLOUISE

Loved her. A very kind and caring woman who will be missed and did help many, many people. Loved you Tammy Faye.

rachel

RIP, I THINK YOU SUFFERED ENOUGH FOR THE CHURCH SCAM. REST IN PEACE!!

Kevin

Tammy turned out to be a very sweet lady despite what we saw of her during the PTL days...she is happy and healthy today in heaven...God Bless!

ORPHANS IN UNITED STATES NEEDS JUST AS MUCH HELP , STARTS AT "HOME ( USA )

My heart goes out for TAmmy and her family .........

She's in heaven looking down at all of us .......

She will be missed by her family and friends...

lmfao

Can I have her leftover mascara?

Debby

Heaven is rejoicing tonight with Tammy. She was truly an inspiration on this earth and I am sure that God and her are talking right now. God bless all her family, friends and fans. What a blessing she has been to us all.

Nance

I know she's in heaven now...may she rest in peace...and if you have negative things to say about her KEEP IT TO YOURSELF....!

Innocent ByStander

God Bless you Tammy.

Posts #1 and #3 are dispicable people. That was uncalled for, you will die too ya know. It's just a matter of time.

Connie

You are a ray of courage ... I admired you from afar. God finally called you home with him and now you are out of all that pain.
Rest in Peace !

T

Rest in Peace, you fought a good fight.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments