Tammy Faye

Dies at 65

7/21/2007 11:02 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Tammy Faye MessnerTammy Faye Messner, who as Tammy Faye Bakker helped her husband, Jim, build a multimillion-dollar evangelism empire and then saw it collapse in disgrace, has died. She was 65.

Messner, who had battled colon cancer since 1996 that more recently spread to her lungs, died peacefully at her home Friday, said her booking agent, Joe Spotts, in an e-mail to the Associated Press.

A family service was held Saturday in a private cemetery, where her ashes were interred, he said.

More Today in TMZ History

shes in pain cant people see that...:(

Im was sorry to hear of her passing so soon, after her interview with Larry King. My paryers are with you & your family now you can rest in peace god bless you . You was a wonderful Lady.....

Maxine

come anhttp://host7.parachat.com/hosted/index.html?site=9501&room=lobby&width=900&height=550........ talk to us about the recent deat h of Tammy Faye

kcw9293

Thank you Tammy for teaching all of us about faith in God and never giving up. Praise God - you are finally healed and sitting at the feet of God Almighty. May your soul rest in His peace and glory. And may God comfort and strengthen your family until we all meet again.

Mrs. Watkins

Tammy Faye was an example for many of us, how to get back up after life
throws you a heck of a curve!

Bless you Tammy Faye, the world will not be the same without you.

zedlepplin, Nicolas Martin, : People like you make me gag. You and your ilk
have such limited minds and limited ideas. Hopefully one day, your life will
crap out and you will have to know what it is like to dig
back out of your mistakes.
Go dance on someone else's grave.

Sarah

"Get Some Sense" You are one sick little puppy. No one needs you here. There's a war being fought overseas.....go check it out. At least spare the rest of us your brainless garbage. And......God bless you cause I"m not big enough to do that...yet.

Mrs. Watkins

#344, Get Some Sense. You are so full of it. Have your chuckle now big boy.. you are pretty tough hiding behind your keyboard...but one day. You will have to eat your words. Karma Baby, it can be a bitch.

Why not find somewhere else to post and stop dancing on someone's grave.

Tracy

What a genuine and precious lady... God rest your soul...

White Power

This proves that my faith that God shall smite the evil-doers with suffering and death is correct.

shannon2

I was just reading the history of the Carny....with the alleged quote of Barnum's There's a sucker born every minute"....It kinda made me think of some of the posts for some reason.

Oh, yeah, ...by the way....I'm a poor Latina from albuquerque's south valley....and....and GOD wants you to send me your money. And if I'm ripping you off and make a gigantic air conditioned doghouse and live in a mansion an a pastor's salary....well...uh....I didn't know anything about it.

God has forgiven me why can't you?!?

now....uh....donde este mi dinero?

800 pound gorilla fart

The only reason I watched PTL . She was way over the top , knew she was being laughed at for all the make-up and yet was a sweet spirit with a kind , compassionate soul .

.... straight to heaven for you , girl

RIP Tammy

THese sternies are mean people who have no feelings

I'll miss her like poison

LLLL

Did she ever ackowledge just how horribly wrong it was to spend gullible viewers' hard-earned money on ridiculous luxuries? Just wondering.

married with children

Have you ever confessed any wrong you have ever done?

dude

I need to take a dump, right into her urn.

San

A nice lady, I've met her a few times. She wasn't her husband's keeper. He was boss, she was wife. I wish her the best in heaven. She soooo deserves it!!!!