Gummi Gets Some Rehab

7/23/2007 8:55 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Gummi ExclusiveUPDATE: A source tells us that Gummi will be receiving outpatient detox treatment with daily counseling, but will not be living in a facility.

TMZ has learned that Jason "Gummi Bear" Davis has entered an outpatient treatment program at Promises rehab.

After a spectacular series of appearances on TMZ, and bouncing around the club scene for many months, the portly oil heir and brother of Greasy has apparently decided to get clean -- with professional help this time. Earlier this month, Gummi reported that he's working on a number of projects, but wasn't very specific.

Promises has been the site of various celeb rehabs of late, including Lindsay Lohan and Britney Spears, among others.

You can't keep a good bear down! Go Gummi!

A rep for Gummi could not be reached for comment. When asked if Davis had, in fact, checked in, a rep for Promises told us they could neither confirm nor deny that information.

jessica

ive neevr heard of him doing anything bad ,why did he go to rehab for ,his brother needs it more

JeannieNY

I hope he is getting help since he has a lot of issues (judging by the drunken videos, etc). He does seem like a nice, big hearted person through it all. Getting sober is a good thing #12, so do not be defensive about this. Even if this is untrue, I wish him the best. I wish EVERYONE the best. I do agree a bit with some of the blunt comments above but I will phrase it nicer.............WHY is this man famous/celebrity/newsworthy? Because his parents are rich? Many people, like myself, with four young children......struggle to pay the bills and all ...... then you have these people like Gummi running around blowing money on drugs, parties, etc. Seems very unfair!

Dan

Fatso's parents must of threatened to cut him off from the money like his brother unless he got help.

The Marian Movement

Gummi is a nice guy who speaks the truth - think that's why someone is
shooting him down. He doesn't seem the type to let this stuff bother
him. Perez is jealous of Gummi for some reason. He's competing with him. Glad Gummi
isn't biting back, it's what Perez wants. Perez has Ahab syndrome with too many people.

Perez is a puppet for Ange and Paris. Whomever they say trash, he trashes. In other words anyone who tells the truth, trash. Anyone who lies, raise up. Would be easier if those two women just started being honest, then I may have some respect for them. People don't judge you on what you've done - only if you lie. Well that's the way it should be. Mistakes are human, lying is deliberate.

meowomon

Do these rich people not know how to raise children? Granted, my parents were not uber-rich, but I was raised in a very affluent lifestyle as my father was a music producer in Nashville. I had my first job babysitting after school when I was 13. I got a real job working in a Deli when I was 16. I helped pay my own way through college. I got a car when I was 16, but I had to maintain an "A" average and pay for gas and insurance myself. I appreciate my parents and every bit of luxury I have in this life because of this. I blame the parents and then the kids. Take away their trust funds and credit cards, parents. You are responsible for guiding these children to be good human beings.

Paul

Another fat, spoiled idiot.

Dawn Day

Oh, I thought he was going on the next episode of the Celebrity Fit Club.

getting tired of crap

Why is this rich slime not on a plane to Iraq to earn his money?

Patty

Ok, so it says an OUTPATIENT treatment......SO that mean he is free to do what he pleases as long as he goes to his sessions. if you were "with" him yesterday doesn't mean he is not in rehab. In the words of Napoleon Dynomite " So stupid, Gosh!"

Maddy

Rehab doesn't work. Lindsay Lohan was arrested last night for drunk driving. Good luck, Gummi.

fred

Gotta get the free press some how....Gimme a break...he is a lemming...since all his friends have done, what does he got to lose?

ElysiumRose

Promises rehab is clearly NOT helping people.

fred

Forget rehab, this guy needs gastric bypass, his natural hair color, a better wardrobe and a job!

Paige

I notice that a lot of you are using the "Gummi" moniker to refer to Jason Davis. Isnt that the nickname Perez coined for him??? He seems like a good dude who just likes to go out and tie one on every once in a while. At least hes working and not sponging off his parents like "Greasy" Brandon Davis.

tl

All rehab is to these people is a front. Look at Lindsay, a 6 week stay- arrested for DUI and possession of cocaine- that worked out great for her huh. Then look at Britney- she claims she was forced into it and really just had post-partum depression- I smell more b.s. These people have problems and are too messed up for help. Until they can take life seriously and be responsible for how they are, we will continue to see them have their breakdowns and screw ups.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments