Britney's Disastrous Photo Shoot

7/24/2007 12:34 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Britney SpearsTMZ has learned that Britney's self-arranged photo shoot and interview with OK! Magazine was a complete disaster. We're told that the photos are so bad, execs at the magazine are, at this moment, trying to decide whether to report what actually happened -- or sanitize the truth to protect the pop train wreck.

According to multiple sources, Britney's behavior during the interview was "nothing less than a meltdown." She was, according to our sources, "completely out of it" during the shoot. The photos are "so bad" we've learned, that to publish them could "kill her career." Apparently, Brit Brit's eyes rolled back in her head at one point, causing her to look half dead. Her mood, we're told, was extremely erratic. She took frequent bathroom breaks our source says, and each time she returned her mood would change. She was also completely paranoid during the entire interview, fearing at one point the ceiling was about to cave in on her. Out of control y'all!

We've also learned that Brit had some issues with hygiene on the set as well. At one point, Britney ordered up some fried chicken to munch on. We're told after she chowed down, she wiped her hands on a several thousand dollar Gucci dress that she was wearing for the shoot, staining it with grease. Yuck! One of her dogs also needed some assistance in the housebreaking department. Our on-set spy says that the dog pooped all over the floor, and Brit used (what else?) -- a Chanel dress to clean it up! How trashtastic!

UPDATE (8:33 AM PT): In a surprising move, OK! Magazine says they're going to show Britney as she really was on the day of her disastrous photo shoot -- the good, the bad and the unbelievably ugly!

In an exclusive statement to TMZ, OK! Editor-in-Chief Sarah Ivens said, "OK! Magazine spent a heartbreaking day with Britney Spears and witnessed first-hand an emotional cry for help that will leave you shocked and sad. This week, on newsstands Friday, the truth will be told."

click to launch galleryClick to watch

COMMENTS

chris

She's going the same way ANNA NICOLE did! NO EXCUSE PEOPLE!!!!! WE made Britney famous and rich.. she's a mother now there is absolutely NO REASON for her to be behaving in this way.... her money and fame let her get away with it for this long.....SOMEONE NEEDS TO TAKE THOSE BOYS FROM HER FOR THEIR OWN SAFETY!!!!!

Carolyne

Lindsay, Paris, Brittney, Nicole- -what do they all have in common? They're all young girls who had it all, but with lack of supervision and no one to tell them no, they lost control. The real victims of their choices are the innocent kids they've had. Let's move on to real role models for young girls- -these are worn out and a joke!

fluffy

And to think this woman-child is a mother! @@

Cherry

In response to comment # 15 made by Marie----- Are you SERIOUS? I hope you were only joking when you said she is not a bad parent and that she is just caught making mistakes that ANYparent can make!!! I would rather be bounced from foster home to foster home as opposed to having her as a "mother"!! I have 3 children and yes as a parent I make my fair share of mistakes. Thank God none like hers. I would not go out everynight and get so wasted that Im either passing out at the bar/club or showing my pantie-less bottom and much more to the world to see. I have been a mother since the age of 17 and I have never party so much that I needed rehab while my kids stay at home with whichever stranger or nanny/manny that is willing to watch my kids. No im not perfect nobody is but when you DECIDE to become a parent you need to grow up and show some responsibility. There is a huge difference between going out with your friends to give yourself a break or a night off to relax and have fun and having hired helped practically raise your children for you because you have decided that now is the time to be young and have fun instead of being a mother. She has had more meltdowns then I can count. Most recently she has forbidden her mother to see her children because se says she is addicted to painkillers and 2 weeks later she does an interview so completely wasted that she is incoherent. So like I said before yes any parent can make mistakes but what she is doing is not what I call making mistakes she is choosing the drugs, alcohol and parties over her childrens happieness and well being. That is a BAD mother.

I love Ellen

I was only surprised to learn that she is still eating with her hands. I would have expected that pig to be using a trough by now.

momma

This behavior is not just bad behavior, it is addict behavior. I saw all this wild and crazy behavior in my daughter and didn't recognize it for what it was. We wondered where the bottom was, when she would ask for help, and the bottom in her case was dead. She died in her sleep at age 40. Cause of death was liver failure due to alcoholism. Anyone, celebrities or not, can be deceived by what looks like it's cool, fun, the way to go, feels really good and bam! one day you're trapped in a really bad place. Recovery and working the program is the only way out.. God Bless!

Maria

It is an outrage that OK is printing this - they should do the decent thing and not print it and tell Ms. Speas why they aren't. The it is up to Ms. Spears to understand her press issues, public image issues and do something about it. Some people with addictions have to lose it all , e.g. family , fame and fortune, before they understand what it really means to do rehab and turn one's life around. We should all pray for this young soul, her children and her family who have been trying to help her in even though she has resisted them.

Deborah

Why is the general public still so interested in this obviously selt-destructive woman (who probably should NOT have custody of her kids) still an person of interest.? I do not get it!! She is no longer pretty, no longer talented, certainly not sexy -- she desperately needs long-term therapy. Her kids will need therapy at the rate she is going... she needs GOD!! She needs prayer! As a teacher, I use Ms. Brittany as an example of what greed, illicit sex, drugs, alcohol , a lack of positive purpose, self -indulgence of every kind, and a lack of spiritual convictions can do to a person in very short order. I do not feel sorry for her -- No! She has made some very bad decisions in regards to her life, her life-style, her kids, family, career and continues to do so -- She is not a child -- this is a grown woman.... Where is her family? Why is there no intervention? Let's let her go ... PLEASE!!

Can we get her out of the media and move on to more positive and uplifting persons to talk about and emulate?

Sue

Speaking of Madonna, I think she slipped Britney more than just a little tongue during their oh-so-public spit swap. I think Madonna gave her the "kiss of dealth" because it has been down hill all the way for Britney ever since, and no one was gonna knock Madonna out of the "first slut" spot. Although I have never been a fan, but after that little display, I actively disliked her. Publicity stunt alll the way - too bad 10, 11 and 12 year old girls had to see THAT.

For those of you who idolize Madonna - bit me.

Penny

Why is it that you don't hear about Christina Aguilara and Gwen Stefani (sp) doing the things that Britney and the "others" have been doing? Their lives seems totally together and they are not that much different from the girls that have had problems over and over.

Gina

This really upsets me. Back in November, around the time of her seperation from K-Fed she ready for a comeback. Now she is pathetic. I do blame drugs for most of her behavior or at least severe depression. Even though she has "lost it", I am still rooting for her. I know that she has talent, or else she wouldn't have been casted for the mickey mouse club or still have a record contract. She just needs to work her ass off to show us what hasn't been seen in years.Also, Why so many wigs? Demi Moore and Natalie Portman sported the bald look when they did it for work. She should show off her short hair and maybe have it styled Just so she can prove that she can live with her mistakes.And another thing. Why is this news? We should be worrying about the war in Iraq or the upcoming elections, and leave Paris, Britney , Lindsay, the Beckhams and everyone else out of the tabloids. It's no wonder they look like bad people. If you had hundreds of papparazzi following you everywhere then you would be shown in a negative light too.

Justsayin'

Introducing the next Anna Nicole Smith

Jody

Doesn't anyone remember watching the Anna Nicole Smith interview? I heard so many people say that "someone needs to do something", but it was too late. Doesn't Britney's family and friends see that she is heading down the same tragic path as Anna Nicloe? After her death, so many people commented that "something should have been done". Now, that sweet little girl of hers has no Mother, and I think Britney's boys could be headed in the same tragic direction. Doesn't anyone see, or is it more fun to watch her self-destruct?

Skyler

Sounds like ANOTHER Whitney situation... I'm not surprised tho. I ALWAYS knew this chick was on drugs or drinking heavily or BOTH!

bri

leave her alone. i mean come on arent there better things in this society we should be worried about. sure she has screwed up but who hasnt. look at ray charles he had an amazing career got into drugs and then turned his life around. if he can do that then im sure a pop princess in the twenty first century can to. for you people to say she didnt have a career is bull. if she didnt then how do you explain all her cds going platinum and all the fans she had. hmm sounds like a pretty great career to me. look if you hadnt had a job in a couple years and got divorced twice and then to top it all off had two kids before the age of 26 wouldnt you be a little freaked out to. she just needs some time to herself and someone to listen to her. shes only human.