Lindsay's Attorney Issues Statement

7/24/2007 1:23 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Lindsay Lohan. Blair BerkLindsay's attorney, Blair Berk, issued the following statement to TMZ:

"Addiction is a terrible and vicious disease. Since Lindsay transitioned to outpatient care, she has been monitored on a SCRAM bracelet and tested daily in order to support her sobriety. Throughout this period, I have received timely and accurate reports from the testing companies. Unfortunately, late yesterday I was informed that Lindsay had relapsed. The bracelet has now been removed. She is safe, out of custody and presently receiving medical care."

Cat

You can do 1 of 2 things 1) stick her butt in a real rehab like normal everyday people like us would have to go to (not that pseudo rehab resort promises) I guess promises couldn't keep their promise to help keep her sober. 2) Or their are medications out there that are now stronger than antibuse that you could make her take, I MEAN MAKE HER TAKE everyday so that when she wants to drink alcohol she will get sooooo violently ill that she will wish she never strated back up again.

If not..........She right on track to be the next Dana Plato or Anna Nicole - so maybe LiLo should go coffin shopping (she's headed down that road if she doesn't change)

And to her lawyer - the point here is not that she is safe, its that anyone that was around her while she was drunk driving again is SAFE!!!!!!!

robert

I don't get why everyone is giving LL such a hard time. She is doing absolutely nothing wrong. LL is a young, attractive, successful movie star. This is exactly the life that we expect her to have and yet people are vilifying her for living it. How many of you wouldn’t be doing the same or worse in a similar situation? I know I would!

I suppose the need to point and imagine that one is on a moral high ground compared to another is fueling this fire and her fame a bit, but please don't let all this cognitive dissonance seep in so far that you forget that this is exactly what she is needed for.

ybstuk

i could give a rats ass what happens to her - personally, i think she should be behind bars. maybe that would knock some sense into her... It's the people she's going to hurt next time that I feel bad for... it's only a matter of time before one of these hollywood train wrecks go and run someone over and kill them while they're out boozing & drugging it up...

Wendy

Such a shame...just yesterday I saw some pictures posted of her and she really looked good/ healthy / happy.

Fred

OK TMZ now we want to know who was with her. We want their picture and name. They got in a car and let her drive and I would bet the farm they knew she had been drinking and doing coke. Give us a picture and name for these backstabbing "friends" and see if you can get a quote about how dumb it is to let her drive and even dumber to be a passenger.

CL

They need to give this girl some serious jail time, like 18 months-2 years. For her own good.

JLR

Good, now send her dumb a** to jail where she should have been some time ago. All these stupid whores out drinking, drugging and driving. They are truly a danger to our highways. The law enforcement are not doing them any favors by not arresting them and throwing them behind bars, but putting our lives in danger. Brittney is next...see her drug taking self behind her wheel too. Just hope her kids aren't in the car when it happens.

Mimi

It might be a disease but there is NO excuse for driving if you know you have relapsed. Endanger your own life but not other people's.

what???

MJ #43
WOW!!! There are so many things I could say to you right now.
The majority of us would prefer to be able to drive without worrying about being killed by some 21 year old drunk or your friend!
Were all HUMAN as well and I'm sure would prefer not to be killed!
Don't you get it.... who cares if she wants to sit at home and snort 100,000. in coke.
Once she gets in a car its every-one's business!!!
I'm not trying to get in a blogging war with you I'm simply stating my opinion.
I hope your friend gets help and lives a long life.
Thanks.

Jo Jo

ADDICTION CLAIMS ARE NOTHING BUT A SHAM

ONCE YOU ARE CLEAN OR HAVE DRIED OUT....IT COMES DOWN TO WHETHER OR NOT YOU JUST WANT TO GET HIGH AGAIN.

IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH BEING ADDICTED

THIS BITCH WILL CONTINUE TO DRINK AND DRIVE UNTIL SHE KILLS

DubTee

Freakin' lawyers playing the victim card. Poor, poor addicted Lindsay. I could care less about her being "safe". I'm just glad her coked up, drunken dash around greater LA didn't affect the safety of any innocent motorists/bystanders .

Dan

Please, it was "ok" I guess to really rip on her during her first DUI debacle..but this is serious stuff here...

I am not a fan of this girl I know nothing about her except what I read. But there comes a time where any kind of comment except on of concern for this kid is totally out of line. She is only 21. The same age as my daughter. Her parents, in particular her mother, are terrible influences. Total denial of the problem. She has no guidence and certainly no direction and relapse was certainyl expected. This poor girl will end up dead if she doesnt get help. She is a kid.

She needs to go to a "real" rehab place.

Man, I actually feel really bad for her. Addiction is horrible. Just horrible.

Fact Finder

Look who she has for parents! This girl has been in show business since she was a toddler. Her parents were too busy riding the gravy train than parenting her. It had to be tough having to please everyone. Now she is of age to do whatever she pleases although it is sad. She is still very young and naive but her parents are not exactly stable either. Aparently she is crying for attention but not necessarily the papparazi kind. What will be most sad is if this addiction takes her young life. She's still human.

Bob

FYI for all you idiots. Having been a recovering alcoholic and drug addict for 9 years I know how hard it is to stop initially and to stay clean. It would be doubly so when having money up the ass. Don't slam someone until you know what their going through, recovery IS NOT easy.

NotTootie

are u kidding me? oh its ok that she does this cuz she is young and dumb...if she wants to sit in her little clubs or at home and do it it is one thing..but once she gets behind that wheel...she takes innocent lives into her hands. and ONE DUI is too many!!!!

Unfortunately she and Britney are at the point that they need to hit rock bottom before they will straighten out. This is all a big joke to them and after seeing Paris's debacle..who can blame them? Drugs...rehab...arrest...do another project...take that money..drugs..rehab..arrest..not only are her parents enablers..but so are every person in Hollywood who is hiring this girl when they know how messed up she is as well as anyone who supports her movies when you know where that money is going.

There is nothing cool about this. I feel for her but she needs a stiff reality check before it is too late.