Johnny Depp to Do Penthouse

7/27/2007 4:32 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Land Ho! Captain Jack Sparrow is sailing into a swanky loft in glamorous downtown L.A., mateys!
Johnny Depp
Johnny Depp, the super suave A-Lister has been living in France for years, and now he's just plunked down about $2 million on a penthouse loft at the newly converted Eastern Columbia building. TMZ spies say the Francophile's new pied-a-terre at the turquoise Art Deco landmark, features private decks, sweeping views of downtown and the San Bernardino mountains.

Johnny's new downtown neighbors include "Grey's Anatomy" Star T.R. Knight and Oscar nominee Ryan Gosling.

A rep for Depp did not immediately return our request for comment.

Carol

ahh-- a new penthouse in LA for $2mil? I don't think so!

The King of the World

That's one cool place! It's too hip. Bet it has excellent views too. I'd like to take some nude swimming lessons (in that beautiful pool) from the captain himself, every night for one week. And 2 lessons each and every morning.

OH YA................

Depp's middle finger

He has The Castle in LA why on earth would he buy a Penthouse doesn't seem to be his style of dwellings great publicity for the newly converted building although I don't believe a word of it.

DTLA

Actually live in this building and we did see him and his rep. looking. The penthouse in question is amazing 3 stories and really out of control. The remaining penthouses are a bit higher at 2.2 and above.
#12 the building was built in 1930 and was a dept. store for many years the building is not new and is also deemed a historical landmark.

Samantha

CALL ME I'M A HUGE HO I WILL DO WHATEVER YOU WANT OVER THE PHONE, NO 1-800 #'s AND NO COST TO YOU! CALL ME IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR A GOOD, DIRTY TIME!!!!

CALL ME IF YOU WANT A DIRTY CALL!!! I WILL SAY WHATEVER YOU WANT!!!!
CALLL ME IF YOU WANT A DIRTY CALL!!! I WILL SAY WHATEVER YOU WANT!!!!
214-683-9051 214-683-9051
214-683-9051 214-683-9051
214-683-9051 214-683-9051
214-683-9051 214-683-9051
214-683-9051 214-683-9051
214-683-9051 214-683-9051
214-683-9051 214-683-9051
CALL ME IF YOU WANT A DIRTY CALL!!! I'M A HUGE HO I WILL DO ANYTHING!!!!!

Give cool a break

Jonny Depp got famous for playing cartoon characters.
He deserves to live in the cartoon city

lexie

The small Pirate is buying a Love nest for him and his illeged gay lover!
A place to get away from the girlfriend and kiddies.

lexie

DTLA, When did he look at the penthouse?
Maybe it's for a family member.

Lisdog

Fabulous art deco architecture. I'm glad some of the old buildings downtown LA are finally being saved. Many were demolished too quickly.

Sick Of It

That's one ugly building - don;t they have any code enforcement laws in L.A.??

Katie

Get off this site Huge Ho. I'm not sure where you belong, but you don't belong here. We don't give a damn that you will do anything. You sound like a sick trip to me. If you had anything anyone wanted, you would't have to advertise.

Katie

I wonder why Johnny bought a penthouse when he has a lovely home not too far from there? Are you sure TMZ??

Katie

So TMZ you say the blogs must pertain to the subject, which in this case is Johnny Depp. You say inappropriate or promotional comments may be removed. So who is Huge Ho on this site. Do your job TMZ and get her out of here.

jProud American Author

Arrrggg-Good news for a favorite pirate. Welcome back to the states !

Katie

Awwww what's the matter Lexie? you sound so bitter. You jealous or something? Johnny has no intentions of leaving Vanessa or his kids, but if it were to happen, he would take care of them. He adores his family, including Vanessa. get a life.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments