Ant Saves a Life

8/2/2007 3:17 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Ant the comedian is not always just about getting laughs ... and if you've seen his act, you know that's true! But the comedian recently received e-mails from a man who talked about his plans to take his own life. Ant to the rescue!
Ross the Intern and Ant
The e-mails revealed a man who has been dealing with weight, relationship, employment and sexual identity issues. The correspondence grabbed Ant's attention -- who responded by asking for a phone number -- no, not for a date! On Tuesday, while recording a "Talky Blog" with Ross the Intern, the pair called the distressed fan and gave him some emotional and genuine advice. "Reach out before you do anything crazy."

What they said struck a chord. The guy sent another e-mail to Ant after their conversation, promising to ask for help when he's feeling down and out, and saying that he now has hope. "I'm still at the bottom, but at least now I can see the light at the top."

All because a few celebs took the time to make a simple phone call. Not all stars are making news for clubbing, getting DUIs and forgetting their panties.

julz

Having watched Ross' and Ant's blog for a while now, I have to agree with the majority of the responses on here. They are both very caring men who have different ways of showing you they care. Ross is more light hearted and fun and Ant is light hearted and fun, but also challenges his Colony about how we feel about hope, thriving, living a full life. Since Ant, my friends at the Ant Colony and Ross and the blog buddies have made me smile when I thought I couldn't.....I was taken a back by the flippant copy about Ant at the beginning of this article. Save it for a "celebrity" who throws their fans into a crowd or yells at a paparazzi to go to Weight Watchers because she is a fat effing cow. Neither of these gentlemen deserve that. Thank you.

Janine

I read both their blogs and I can say they are both what being a true celebrity needs to be about. They are menschs for sure!

Alma

Hello Ross, my name is Alma and I'm from El Paso, Texas. Today I was at your blog like every day and today was one of those tearfull moments when you and Ant spoke to Joe. Ross that was the nicess thing anybody could of done!! Wow!!! you guys are awsome!! Thank you for reaching to us the bloggers. I love you both! Ross can you make sure Joe get's this message I try sending a message on your blog and I didn't know how. Duh..... Well huggs and kisses to you and Ant.

Alma
This message is for Joe, two years ago I went through a separation from my husband after 16 years of marrige he left me to be with one of my best friends yep Best Friend! anywho, I was so depress and I wanted my pain to go away and I also had those ugly feelings. One thing that got me through this terrible time was the Joel Osteen books. I use to carry My best Life now every where like a bilble. Joe don't loose the faith, faith will take you places and will make you see that there's light at the end of the tunnel. If you like Im willing to mail you a copy of My Best Life Now if you like. I know this will make you change the way you are thinking. Joe after a year of separation my husband and I gave each other one more chance and on August 18 we are going to celebrate our 18th wedding anniversary. So like Ross and Ant said things happen for a reason. So Joe don't give up on yourself please!!! This is my email address alma_viera@hotmail.com or myspace myspace.com/daisydukie please email me or if you see me on my space send me an IM. I know what it is to need to talk to someone and not to be judge. Take care and remember you have a friend in El Paso!

Huggs
Alma

Alma

Alma

Huggs
Alma

NotJarJarBinks

ANT is what all celebrities should strive to be like.

He is real, and loves his fans!

When I watched the blog, I saw that Ross was very skeptical, and I think ANT will be a good influence on him to do good things with his celebrity status.

Jennifer from the Colony

This is the true Ant.He is so wonderful and a great cheerleader in life. Thank you TMZ for writing about him and Ross and for a story that is truly of importance.

Kris

I agree Day

Ross looked too uncomfy..not into it and like...who cares

This Article Is About ANT not Ross

Brandie

I think that ANT is one of the nicest people out there. I have watched his blogs for days now and he really cares about people. Not a lot of celebrity's would take time out of their busy schedules to call a fan. Kudos to ANT and Ross!!

He's just another Idiot

The minute prissy Ross the Intern comes on Jay Leno, I turn it off. I find him boring and offensive. I have several gay friends and they don't act like that dimwit Ross. Yuck!

Kris

Just an update to anyone who reads this... Joe is posting happy posts on the blog almost daily and has seemed to have found a new outlook on life

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4