Nicole to Diane:

I Was Frickin' High!

8/2/2007 11:20 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Nicole Richie left little doubt that she was under the influence when she got popped for her wrong way driving, and said she was "incredibly lucky" not to have killed anyone.

Richie, surprisingly composed and sitting snugly next to boyfriend and baby daddy Joel Madden, talked to Diane Sawyer on "Good Morning America" this morning, and expressed noticeably more regret and self-consciousness about her situation than her friend Paris Hilton did with Larry King. Now that she'll be having a kid, says Nic, "I owe the baby my life."

As for her upcoming four-day stint in the slammer, Richie told Sawyer that she's not afraid of jail -- just of the unknown -- and Joel acknowledges that she's paying her debt. He also told Sawyer that he nearly dumped Nicole in the midst of her troubles, but stuck with her -- and now they're having a kid together.

And what of that kid? Richie and Joel don't know whether they're going to have a boy or a girl -- and they're not going to know until it pops out.

Somebody , shoot it! Quick!

#4 endodine ,good question.

Not being a fan of Paris, and the whole bunch, I d o not see how Paris got 21 days and Nicole, 4 days, Lyndsay, probably no days.
Do notgive the bs about paris was on probabtion, yada yada .So was Nicole. Lyndsay never had probation yet she her offenses came soclose right behingeach other, there wsno timefor a trail, no time for arrest hardly.

Linda

I give her credit....her interview was from her heart.....you can tell by her body language...
With her up bringing I bet she changes her life style....she finally says like an adult.....
maybe one will change out of the 4 young ladies in the spot light.....
Good for her....give her a chance...she said more in the interview than Hilton did with Larry King.....We will see a change...

Nancy

Just give me only a one good reason why should I care for this loser Nicole Ritchie, she has done nothing good to society , she is a drug addict, a felon, a terrible acting.
Nicole Ritchie do us all a favor just

Millz

I'm happy for her. Out of all the stupid celebrity idiots, she really seems to want to change her life for the better. Perhaps this baby will give Nicole a full does of reality.
Best Wishes to her!!!

Cajun Princess

I hate to see such Hatred.

She admits to being wrong. Do we know if she had any drugs in her system when she conceived? The arrest was on December 11th.

She got pregnant sometime between the end of March and April.

As for having no grammar, how many times have you been interviewed in front of tons of cameras and lights and knowing that you are going to be seen by millions talking about EVERY mistake you ever made.

People should show a little kidness and be more forgiving.

She looked great.

I admire Joel for the way he is standing beside her and his positive influence.

BBperfume

I became teary eyed watching Nicole's interview. I believe she was sincere and I will bet on her that this pregnancy has turned her life around. Jole and Nicole look cute together and it's beautiful that he stuck up with her in all her troubles. I believe she found true love.
I wish the couple happiness and hope they became good parents!

Cajun Princess

Ruffy,

First off Paris was not on probation. She got the 21 days for driving under a suspended license - NOT ONCE - BUT TWICE. Showed up to court late.

The judge had to do something to get her attention.

Paris would have done no time, if she would have shown the court some respect instead of ignoring everything she was told.

How long ago was Nicole's first DUI? How long is she on probation for?

You can not compare apples to oranges.

What you need to do is find someone else who did the exact same thing as Paris and compare Paris to that person.

And find someone who did the exact same thing as Nicole and compare that person to Nicole.

Tigress1

Medically it seems Nicole lacks appropriate body weight to become/support a pregnancy. A ploy to gain sympathy and reduce her accountability in the public eye? Notice the 'hook' properly inserted several days prior to her 'day in court'? "Is she?!". "Isn't she?! " If she spends 4 days in jail and then 'magically' isn't pregnant any more because of the trauma of the whole ordeal hm-m-m?... guess we'll all wait and see...I hope that's NOT the case.

stuckupsnob

NOT REALLY A RICHIE "FAN" BUT I HAVE TO SAY I AM SOOOO IMPRESSED WITH HER RESPONSES TO SAWYER. UNLIKE EVERY OTHER STAR, CELEBRITY, PERSON THAT DOES SOMETHING STUPID AND DANGEROUS, SHE GENUINELY SEEMS TO BE TAKING RESPONSIBILITY, REALIZING HER MISTAKES, THE SERIOUSNESS OF HER ACTIONS. SO FAR SHE HAS COME OUT THE BEST ROLE MODEL OF ALL THESE YOUNG HOLLYWOOD BAD GIRLS. GOOD FOR YOU NICOLE!! YOU DID A REALLY DANGEROUS AND BAD THING BUT THE ONLY WAY YOU CAN EVER HOPE TO NEVER DO IT AGAIN AND MOVE ON WITH YOUR LIFE IS BY FIRST ADMITTING YOUR MISTAKES BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY- CHANGING YOUR ATTITUDE. SOUNDS LIKE SHES ON THE RIGHT PATH.

okay! I'm mean!

"Nearly dumped Nicole ... but stuck with her"???? Wow. With that kind of devotion, maybe the marriage will last more than two months! Imagine that.

Patsy

I think she'll be a good mom. I don't know why, but I think she will.

yomama

Hmmm... She wouldn't be so "composed" if she was sentenced to 45 days instead of 4!

Nicole Richie:
7/02. First DUI. Blood alcohol level 0.12/0.13, well above CA's legal limit of 0.8.
2/03. Heroin possession and driving with a suspended license.
12/06. SECOND DUI. Driving on wrong side of freeway!
7/07. Sentenced to 4 days in jail.

Paris Hilton:
9/06 Alcohol-related reckless driving. Blood alcohol level 0.8.
2/07 Driving with a suspended license.
5/07 Sentenced to 45 days in jail.

hora

some people just can't seem to be happy or satisfied with anything. is that how you are in real life or just here? she's doing her time, period. leave it at that. paris did her time also. yet some keep moaning and whining that "its not enough" or "they're just faking being contrite". perhaps this is true, maybe nicole did lie (but i doubt it, she seemed sincere), but jail time does not lie. she will do her time and yet it's not enough for some people. how sad. i'm happy for her, i'm happy for joel as well and i'm glad he stuck around. now if only that lohan skank would get jail time...

Jack~A~Licious

Hhmmmm ~ are we a good actor? Oscar nod perhaps?

m15

well i have to say she sounded much more articulate and intelligent than Paris on Larry King... but i guess she was always the better "talker" (even on simple life)... i just wonder if this was sincere, or do they go home and laugh about how they played everyone with this "good girl" act... she's always so sarcastic, bitter, etc....just makes me a little suspicious.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments