PETA-likes Protest Paris and Brit

8/2/2007 5:39 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Dressed as pop dog carriers Paris Hilton and Britney Spears, PETA protesters took to the streets of Hollywood today to cast light on the problems caused by buying pets through a breeder. But really, when you dispatch people dressed up as those two, no one really cares what your cause is!

According to PETA, for every dog or cat purchased from a breeder or pet store, another dog or cat on death row at an animal shelter must be killed. At the rate Paris and Britney are going, there won't be any pets left for the rest of us! Arf, y'all!

"Forget jail or rehab," PETA Director Daphna Nachminovitch says. "These selfish stars should do a stint in an animal shelter." Hopefully, they've already had all their shots.

KT

HALEY "genius" - We've got an overpopulation "crisis" among humans too! Should we spay and neuter every human as well?!?! Your logic is asinine.

yoanna

THE ONLY PROBLEM I HAVE WITH PET STORES IS THAT THESE DOGS COME FROM PUPPY MILLS. THEY ARE BRED OVER AND OVER WITH NO REST AND THEY HAVE HEALTH ISSUES DUE TO IMPROPER BREEDING. NOT TO MENTION, THEY RIP YOU OFF FOR A POTENTIALLY UNHEALTHY ANIMAL THAT'S LOCKED UP IN A CAGE. I'VE BOUGHT FROM BREEDERS AND THEY HAVE THE ANIMALS RUNNING FREELY IN THEIR HOMES WITH FRESH FOOD AND WATER AND LOVE. THEY ALSO GIVE THE MOM A BREAK FROM PREGNANCY UNLIKE THE PUPPY MILLS WHO CONTINUALLY BREED OVER AND OVER AGAIN, EXHAUSTING THE POOR MOM AND BY TREATING HER LIKE A PUPPY MACHINE. IF YOU WANT A PURE BREED, LOOK FOR THEM ON THE INTERNET OR NEWSPAPER FOR A RESPECTABLE BREEDER.

KT

HALEY - Just because of your retarded posts, I'm going to go out and buy 10 more purebreeds and NOT NEUTER THEM! Eat your heart out!

Jenna

Hey KT my comment seemed to upset you. Does the truth hurt, I think I hit a nerve and you don't like the fact that I'm right. I don't make it a habit to argue back and forth on the boards with the braindead. But I'll say one more time that there are no responsible breeders, because if they were informed of the sad conditions of animal shelters and with the statistics of runaway & dumped homeless animals left to starve and die they would not be adding to the problem. Because intentionally are not, they definatly add to the overpopulation. I guarantee not all of the animals sold from these so called breeders wind up in good homes and many will be discarded by dumping or dropped off at shelters.

Haley

KT, s/he who can't parse sentences together well enough to formulate a response more meaningful than "genius" but can take the time to look up "asinine" in a (I assume online) thesaurus:

Newsflash: people already spay and neuter themselves either through surgery or the various types of birth control available now (moot point), and those who don't aren't FORCED into reproducing. We're not born from rape and sold so someone can love us while we're babies only to dump us out in the country when we grow into an adult. We no longer discriminate against humans based on their "breed," allowing some to languish in tiny cages for years while others are sold for $4000+. Furthermore, humans weren't bred over hundreds of years to be subservient and completely dependent on another species, which is exactly what we've done to domesticated animals. Humans can take care of themselves, domesticated animals rely on humans to survive--a position we've put them in. Dog and cat overpopulation crisis with not enough humans to care for the animals = a whole lot of suffering.

KT

GINA "Peta" Member - I assure you, I'm not braindead. And yes, you guys did hit a nerve when you supported a bill that took away pet owners' rights. Aren't all you liberals all for peoples' RIGHTS? Just as you don't agree with people buying pets purebreed, I think that you should go find a more important cause...you know, one that affects HUMANS!? There are plenty of them suffering in the world but all you guys spend your energy on is protecting furry little pets. Sorry if that "offends" you, but I happen to think human life holds a little more value than "Fido's"...

bethany

ALL pets in pet stores come from breeding mills

Horrible places!

Also all those websites that ship puppies

Pet5a is right!!

bethany

And the AKC now makes most of its money from registering puppy mill puppies!!

They are corrupt sleazeballs

KT

HALEY - I absolutely LOVE the fact that you said that I can't "parse" sentences together when in fact, all my posts have been perfectly coherent. lol! By the way, I didn't have to use an online thesaurus to look up asinine...I use the word all the time when talking to imbeciles such as you.

Mia

Gina has just enough information to be dangerous.... There are responsible, passionate, professional breeders who perpetuate pure bred dogs with total dedication to quality. If you know a breeder who doesn't keep records, knows their dogs genetics back at least 5 generations, and doesn't select owners based on applications and have a return guarantee, then you are dealing with a back yard breeder. Buy at your own risk. Gina, you sound like a peta person.

bethany

Most so called "responsible" breeders are fat old women with psych issues that are hiding illegal businesses in their home

Like Ms. AKC Puppy MIll Ms. Strand

Old stinkbag

no one you know

I have never liked PETA, we don't have pet stores here anymore, and if I get another dog, it might come from a shelter, but then again, it might come from a breeder friend, who does NOT run a puppy mill!

Do you really think that Paris or Britney would actually walk into a shelter to pick out a dog? Not in this lifetime....

KT

Thank-you MO! My sentiments EXACTLY!

bethany

Pets in pets stores never get euthanized

They get marked down until they sell

If you buy a puppy at a pet store you are NEVER rescuing it. You are giving money to perverted puppy millers in places like craphole Missouri and helping them hurt more dogs

Mia

Susan, I will diss peta, because their theatrics influence the public to look down on established animal welfare institutions. Most agencies are against peta's activities because of their disregard of the law and of civil rights. I have worked in animal welfare for 20 years, and would never associate with a peta member. They may draw from popular animal causes, but they are kooks.