Chavez

Chills with Sean Penn

8/4/2007 12:39 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

penn-1Rabble-rousing actor/Madonna ex Sean Penn is taking his show on the road -- with Venezuelan president Hugo Chavez. The politically-charged star has been hanging with Venezuela's socialist leader during a tour of the Venezuelan countryside.

The Chavez-Penn love affair was sparked, said Chavez, because Penn is "anti-Bush." Danny Glover and Harry Belafonte have also had face time with the Venezuelan leader.

Said Penn of his visit: "I'm also here as a journalist and so I owe it to that medium to wait until I've digested, fact-checked and finished my journey here" before saying more. The "Mystic River" actor has also done reporting stints in Iran and Iraq.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Noexcusesplease

I will be adding Sean Penn to the same list as Danny Glover and Harry Belafonte...I will not watch or support another project by any of them due to their association with Hugo Chavez. This is disgusting to me, so UN-American!

Cindy

Sean Penn is a traitor to his country. He should go live in Venezuela so he can enjoy the peace with no freedoms.

kiki

Penn is a Traitor as are the others that have met with Chevez Shame on them. TRAITOR!

Former Consultant

I wonder. If the present date today was 1942, and Hitler was in power, and Sean Penn were alive, would Sean "hang with Hitler" and party with the guy, and praise his accomplishments the world over. Probably. And, later, after the Holocost, Sean could just blame the U.S. for Hitler's atrocities. Sean Penn, Belafonte, Danny Glover and the rest of the Hollywood "enlightened ones" are an embarrassment to our country. Years ago, their association with such dictators and communists leaders would have been grounds for treason or blacklisting. Today, the liberal press glorifies Hollywoods politics and shoves it down our throat!

rj

Oh please! Having spent two years in Venezuela, I will know if Penn is a true journalist when he reports that all of the privately owned property in Venezuela is being taken away by the government, aka socialist leader Chavez. (sounds like Russia) As an oil rich country, the only OPEC nation outside of the Middle East, all of the oil profits are being squandered by making nice-nice with the likes of Fidel Castro, China and other nations that do not need oil GIVEN to them, and not being put back into the welfare of the country. Again, the government is taking over all of the oil companies as well. Chavez is seeking world power for himself, on the backs of the people of Venezuela. Shame on Glover, Belafonte, and Penn for trying to legitamize a DICTATOR! Belafonte is always talking about the slaves on the plantation, well he has been to the massa's house, and he is further legitamizing the slaveholder.

luvgabe

This has only hardened my resolve to NEVER watch any movie associated with Sean Penn. He is of the "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" ilk. For anyone who either doesn't know or has forgotten reading this, in an interview published in The New Yorker, Penn admitted that he actually fashioned an Ann Coulter voodoo doll that he burnt with his cigarette stub. I may vehemently disagree with others on political issues, but I would NEVER sink so low as to wish them ill. This man is sick.

Tangie

It really disheartens me to see my fellow Americans betray their country this way. I think he should move as far away as possible.

rj

As a "JOURNALIST" (cough, cough), what exactly is his purpose in going to Venezuela? Is he going on a fact seeking trip about the dictator Chavez, the polluted environment, the Venezuelan penal system, the new law where the government owns all property? OR is it soley for partisan politics on foreign soil? Sean Penn, I do not appreciate your treasonous acts anymore than I appreicate those of the Glover and Belafonte! I hate to get political on the nonsensical TMZ site, but they brought it up!

Nichol0999

Traitors to their country.

Dawn

Boycotting Penn really doesn't do any good when was last time that idiot had a movie? Now if he really is doing journalist work what company that's the one to boycott. For indulging this fools ideas.

sick of them

Sean Penn needs a 'one way ' ticket to Venezuela and he can take the rest of his Hoolywood type traitors with him!

Terry

# 5
Your an idiot, You have twisted what it is to be an American up in order to justify your own lame arguments and defend someone who is NOT a journalist but an actor attempting to play the part of Mother Teresa!!.

JOHN WHITE

THEY THINK IT IS SO GREAT TO LIVE IN THAT FAT PIGS COUNTRY THEN GO SEE HOW MUCH MONEY THEY CAN MAKE THERE AND HOW FREE THEY WILL BE ABLE TO TALK . DO THEY THINK THEY CAN SAY THE SAME THINGS ABOUT HUGO AND HIS COUNTRY. JANE FONDA WILL BE THE NEXT ONE KISSING HIS ASS.
JOHN E. WHITE

Jack Schitt

Hey comment # 5 and # 10 can't you afford advertising you f k n moran? You also are discusting by using this to further your own causes. Go get a life and pay for your ads

Bob. My name is the same forwards and backwards

WARNING:

That workonlineathome.net is a TOTAL SCAM! My friend signed up for it last week and was taken for over $100.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments