"Brainiac" Brit Drops a Hit, Runs

8/7/2007 10:31 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Britney Spears pulled off a smash and dash in broad daylight yesterday -- bolting after she slammed into a frickin' parked car! Hit me baby one more time!

As the Britster was pulling into a Studio City vitamin store on Monday, she banged her Mercedes into a parked station wagon in a botched attempt at parking. After scraping up her wheels in the crash, Brit screamed, "I'm a brainiac!" Well, there's no denying it now!

Not once seen checking out the other vehicle, a micro-dressed Brit popped a ladylike squat in front of her Mercedes to inspect the damage, giving a few photogs another view of her hoo-hoo-dilly. Will she never learn?

Brit then walked right past the scraped up wagon next to her, and left without leaving a note for the owner.

UPDATE: TMZ has confirmed that Miss Spears has not contacted the owner of the station wagon. Damage to the other car was minor. TMZ spoke to the owner of the vehicle, who said that she hopes the former Mrs. Federline will do the right thing.

Seriously

DARN YOU Britney!!!!! I hope you get sued, and arrested for that crap!

tuna marie

for the people taking up for her, you would feel different if she hit your car. you would be suing her ass for thousands of dollars.

know it all

Hey #16 Retard:
She DID bang the other car with her door, I've seen video from another site that shows it CLEARLY..... and she obviously had enough time to stop and inspect her OWN CAR !!!
She should have left some kind of note or something on the car, maybe her lawyers # or the # for her new manager, and let them handle it.
So many celebrities think the can just smash stuff up and walk away.
It's like what rock bands used to do to hotel rooms, but now all the other hollywood types are doing it out on the road, and none of us are safe.

give the dog a bone

...this whole thing is wrong on so many levels it boggles the mind. I can't begin to comment on everything that's off the charts bazaar. Only Britney and only in America. Park the car and start walking, your dog would like that better too.

Seriously

BRITNEY SPEARS is a SELFISH WACK JOB. I CANNOT WAIT until she gets popped and put in the freakin clink!!!! Used to love her, cannot stand her anymore!!!!! They need to admit her long-term to a mental ward. Guess Kevin FederLOIN was the smart one after all. Not sure how he put up with her for as long as he did. She is PSYCHO, and uses the bathroom on herself!!! She has no manners, and is oblivious to the rest of humanity around her!!!!!

The King of the World

The girl can die her hair, but she still has blonds roots. That was just flat ass funny. A blond moment if ever saw one. "Is my car ok?" Didn't even bat an eyelash at the other car.

She has too may pappz and others (dozens) of people swarming her constantly, she's just not living a normal life. I think it's taken it's toll. How much of that crap can one person take.
She's just a little bit cuckoo. I think I'd be too if I was her, too.

warp100

Stop defending Britney. If she can't drive with people taking her picture (in the daylight, not like there's flashes) then maybe she should get a driver so she can pay all her attention to her little dog and not her kids. Or maybe she should be a little more discreet. If she didn't want to be seen, maybe she should not drive a convertable.

And sure, it was an accident, but for her to just leave is illegal. Don't defend her for that. It's scary that some of you do, and explains why I get mystery dents on my car, you jerks!

MissMara

I wish someone would run this waste of sperm and egg over with her own car.............

rex luther

TMZ -- can you please find the owner of that other car and ASK them what they thought of this??? i'd be PISSED!!!!

amynonomous

Everyone is on the paparazzi, but if you notice, they are policing themselves here, yelling at the one guy who gets to close "back up" and telling other ones to make room for her to walk. If it's too distracting for her to drive with them around, she could surely get someone else to drive her.

Cat Stevns

Like I'm sorry y'all! I mean like all ah care bout is mah little old car y'all!........ That's how stupid Britney is!!!!!!!

MARION

GO BRIT

MARION

YOU GO GIRL

katie

At least it's was a dog on her lap this time and not a baby! What are the girls yelling in the background?

RBN

Brit is so egocentric - in her own little world. I do not understand how she functions at all.

BTW TMZ - a hit & run usually indicates leaving the scene so someone can't find you - she actually went into the building where that car was parked, so maybe she or her bodyguards or press agent or whatever could ask around and take care of that situation. If she left a note, the Paparazzi would either take it, photograph it, sell it on eBay or something.