A Little Animated Bush for the Kiddies

8/10/2007 5:35 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Jenna Bush and First Lady Laura BushMove over Madonna, because First Lady Laura Bush is taking time out of her busy schedule of, er, from, er ... she's taking time out of her schedule to write a children's book with her party girl daughter, Jenna! Drinks to that!

The as yet untitled book
is due in 2008, and tells the story of "a mischievous little boy who likes to do everything but read." Georgie, porgie -- is that you?!

The mother/daughter team is a perfect choice for authoring children's books. At age 17, Laura ran a stop sign and killed a man in another vehicle, while a few years ago, Jenna was caught underage drinking and using a fake ID. Mrs. Bush and Jenna are already role models -- for Brandy and Lindsay!

cheesewiz

I hate Bush, but your attack on an accident involving Laura at only17 years old is truly awful. She is a warm and caring woman, and frankly, I don't know how George was lucky enough to get her. She could do so much better.

Yuck

Number 41 uh duh, what big secret? MSNBC has done this story on the Headlines and Legends series since George Bush was elected the 1st time.
She was in High School, she and another friend were in her car and they were in a accident, and this boy was killed and I don't think he was her boyfriend. I think he was a good friend she went to school with.

Isn't it wonderful that the staff at TMZ never took a drink when they were underage and of course they're all perfect and have never made a mistake.

jmw

that was tacky, even for you guys. amazing how you never let facts get in the way of a 'good story'.

howard supporter

Shame on TMZ...What has Laura and Jenna done to you that you have to be so crude. I am not a Repiblican but I do have a lot of respect for the family of the President..They don't make decisions for us so lay off. You really should apoligize. Maybe the fame of TMZ is screwing you up Harvey. I use to like and respect you but as of late you are leaving a bad taste in my mouth.

Yuck

Hey Hillary,

You sure didn't have this many folks defending you last week did you?

clarmst

What a low-class, cheap shot. I expected better.

Roberta

#6- I totally agree with you. Uncle Teddy can kill someone, Kennedy kids drink (then of course go to confession) and no one thinks a thing. Then, Fugly Chelsea Clinton goes out and whoops it up, and no one thinks a thing. I think the President's girls are good girls (daddy didn't have to get them a job, unlike Chelsea), and what young kid doesn't drink or have a fake ID? TV shows think it is funny when their characters have one, but then one doesn't expect kids to do this? I am not saying it is okay, but it happens. And I don't think it is the worse thing that could happen. Both girls have good jobs and are now legal age, so why pick on them? They stay out of the limelight, and don't really have the desire to be in politics. They weren't asked to be drug into the arena they live in. If I were their parents, I would be proud they are growing up to be responsible, working human beings. In fact, this piece in TMZ is the most that has been written about them in a while. I enjoy hearing how the girls are growing up and are starting their lives on their own. As a mom of two grown kids around their age, I wish them all the best, and hope they find wonderful men to share their lives with.

J.

Wow - I cant stand Geiorge, but to take a low blow at Laura is really uncalled for.

Just wait Harveyy - some day you may cause a tragic accident and it won't be so funny. anymore. Keep showing your true colors.

Easily Bored

Oh no...no no no no bbh. I'm hardly on the TMZ staff. I have a quite fulfilling career going for me in Texas, thank you for asking. Why target me, anyway? I had something to say to the TMZ writers. I hadn't even read the whole story because of "Drinks to that!" and "Georgie, porgie -- is that you?!"

It's interesting that you'd read my comment and conclude that I work for this site though. Off by a mile, but interesting.

Now, having read the story, TMZ is misdirecting its sarcasm and "outrage"....they should stick to counting down to the day they can make lewd comments about the future Lohan.

nonsmoker

Laura Bush is as phony as a $2 bill. She tries to come across as a prim, perfect librarian. The woman chain smokes and has been trying to quit for years. Okay, I know it is an addiction that's hard to beat, but.....
She gives speeches about womens heart disease but never mentions that smoking can cause heart disease. She is probably being paid off by tobacco companies.
She is not my idea of an example for children.

WAKEUPCALL

REMOVING THE VEIL AND REVEALING ALL TRUTHS:

LAURA BUSH KILLED A MAN BY DRIVING LIKE AN IRRESPONSIBLE STUPID IDIOT, SHE ALSO SMOKES ALTHOUGH SHE SAYS SHE HAS QUIT SHE STILL SNEAKS IN A SMOKE OUTSIDE ON THE BALCONY AT THE WHITE HOUSE. JENNA THE DRUNK PARTY GIRL ALSO DID DRUGS IN COLLEGE. THERE WERE EYEWITNESSES! LOOKS LIKE WITH THE BUSH FAMILY THE APPLE REALLY DOES NOT FALL FAR FROM THE TREE! STUPID IS AS STUPID DOES!

FightThePower

Way to go TMZ. I applaud your courage in stating the truth that the hypocritical right wing nuts who are quick to bash Dems don't want to acknowledge.. they like to pretend they are all such good people, when the truth is they hide their skeletons.. it''s like an apple that looks fine on the outside, but when you open it up, you find a worm. Things never change.. they are the Pharisees of our time. Whenever you point a finger at someone, there's three pointing back at you...

SwiftBoater

Many unbelievably stupid people here posting ridiculous comments saying how laura bush killing a man is a "heartbreaking" story... get real.. 80 MPH in a 30-35 MPH ZONE is pure stupidity and wrecklessness... SHE SHOULD BE IN JAIL AND EXECUTED.

waitingfortheday

Kris

TMZ is the "Jerry Springer Show "of the web.

What are we doing reading this classless web site???

Hey TMZ! Goodbye y'all!!