1925 - 2007

8/12/2007 4:24 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Merv Griffin died today

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Babbs

That's kinda tacky

double standards

that's terrible TMZ, why would you have VW clapping? Show some class.

kayli

Yea, this is not a good way of say that he died. Kind of shows a lack of sympathy

Been wonderin ...

Jeez, TMZ .....how crass!

Georgia Girl

Totally disrespectful.

Godspeed, Merv.

Reality

That is SO out of line. I could take everything but the superimposed image of Vanna laughing. WRONG. I wouldn't blame Vanna for suing you for that for portraying her in a false light. RUDE to both of them. I'm ashamed of you TMZ - and I'm not easily offended. But making fun of someone's death is NOT COOL.

Ryan B.

Yeah, not so cool. A little cheap.

sharon

At first I thought that your way of announcing his passing was tacky. But thinking about it for a moment I think he would have liked it. I remember he said that when he died his head stone was going to say "I told you I was sick" So you see he had a unique sense of humor so I think he woul like the announcement.

costaMesaboy

AMY WHINEHOUSE is next..............this ain't England. ya, wanker!!!, bee-hive more carefull

sweatsox101

Gotta agree, TMZ. The image is in extremely poor taste. Take Vanna off of there and stop letting the weekend folks have that much control over graphics.

dooie

TMZ-----that is VERY disrespectful.......please take down that photo. I'm really surprised that someone would approve putting it on your site.

les

Rude! Merv was a pretty cool cat. What up with Vanna clapping....all kinds of WRONG!

jim

Listen everyone..TMZ is celebrating his life. I think that's great!

tired of cry baby

well of course tmz staffers would do this. they allways have shown a lack of respect week after week. i hope harvey will hire someone with a little class to look at the crap that goes out on his sight, i know merv is gay and so are the tmz writers, so maybe it's a inside joke that straight people are missing here. but please tmz, your getting a little too close to acting like prez hilton now! just my thoughts

Been wonderin ...

sharon, if you 'think' that's what TMZ was "going on" for an angle, then they should have at least done some kind of 'write up' along with that picture, explaining 'why' they decided to come up with that.............. it's still CRASS. sheesh.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments