Report: CBS To Settle Up with Imus

8/14/2007 1:02 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The Associated Press is reporting that shock jock Don Imus has reached a settlement with CBS, after the broadcaster was fired for making racist and sexist comments about the Rutgers women's basketball team. Calling Al Sharpton!

According to an AP source, the settlement keeps CBS out of court and away from Imus' threatened $120 million breach of contract lawsuit and a possible "non-disparaging agreement" which would keep Imus from speaking negatively about his former employer. Shut yo' mouth!

In addition, WABC radio in New York is reportedly in talks with the I-man to bring him back to the airwaves.

tweety

I could never stand Imus.

I am glad that he is off of TV, I hope permanently.

It's insane, how some people can make RIDICULOUS amounts of $$$ for acting CRAZY, and he's not even a comedian.

And he gets the last laugh by getting more $$$.

What a SHAME!!!

bellalu0

Can't get back on the air soon enough for me. It's been a long four months. Imus in the Morning was the best show on. He had a contract to be controversial, irreverant, outrageous and CBS broke that contract by firing him for doing his job. He'll be back soon and the ratings will be through the roof. Give it a listen. I think you'll like it. If not just turn the dial. This is America.

black sunshine

IMUS I LOVE YOU AND HOPE ALL IS WELL WITH YOU...I DON'T KNOW IF LEVON TELLS YOU ABOUT US BUT WE LOVE YOU AND RESPECT THE FACT THAT YOU DID ALL THAT WAS REQUIRED OF YOU DURING YOUR TIME OF TROUBLE AND FOR PEOPLE TO BE SO UNFORGIVING BOGGLES THE MIND BUT WANT TO BE FORGIVIN FOR THEIR DIRTY DEEDS.....IF YOU CAN'T FORGIVE THAN DON'T EXPECT GOD TO FORGIVE YOU WHEN HARDSHIPS COME YOUR WAY AND FOR THOSE WHO DON'T KNOW IT SAYS IN THE BIBLE TO FORGIVE A MAN 490 TIMES AND WE AS A HUMAN RACE CAN'T FORGIVE NOT EVEN ONCE,HMMMM LETS SEE....HURRICANES,MONSOONS,TORNADOS,VOLCANOS,GLOBAL WARMING,FAMIN,BIGATRY,HOMELESSNESS, SEPERATION,DISEASE,CRIME,MURDER,DOMESTIC VIOLENCE....GOD IS ANGRY FOLKS AND WE BETTER START TO FORGIVE ONE ANOTHER AND LOVE EACH OTHER BECAUSE LIFE IS NOT A GAME AND WE NEED TO COME TOGETHER RIGHT KNOW.
"NEVER LET THE THORN DENY YOU THE SMELL OF THE ROSE"

BLACK SUNSHINE """""

honestly!

that's just horrible! He sould be off the air because nobody wants to hear anything he has to say! He's a big loser and so is NBC for keeping him!

Me

Hey, a half an hour has passed, and the not-so-good Rev. Al still hasn't been finding a camera to plant himself in front of to run his mouth. How can this be?

I'm not worried. I'm sure we'll see him slither out from the rock by the end of the afternoon.

weneedtostop.com

we could see this coming...no surprises here

mairi

IMUS, I love you and the gang. My parent and I miss you dearly. If i want to watch BET then I know what to expect I have the choice of watching it or turning the channel so I do not have to watch those degrading videos.. that goes for your show, we all have a choice to watch it or turn the channel!

I CANNOT WAIT UNTIL YOUR RETURN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Somfincute

go ahead people keep wishing for your rights to be taken away. You are all a bunch of fools. What he said is no different than some of the headlines on this site you bunch of hippocrites. Oh that's right only some people should have freedom of speech

Ree

Imus is coming back finally, this means whoever doesn't like it, is just going to have to DEAL with it. You know like grown ups do, instead of throwing a fit like 9 year old girl. Que the Reverends. Unless of course you are in fact a "little girl" if you don't like it booo freakin hooo. Imus back on the air about time! Non Disparaging Clause, Moonves is worried about his reputation? for real? As I recall Howard Stern was not so kind to Moonves as he was leaving.

Karen Ridenour

Karen Ridenour Fort Ashby ,West VIrginia USA AMERICA... HOME OF FREE SPEECH

THIS IS "2007 PEOPLE" " ACT LIKE IT" FREE SPEECH FOR ALL AMERICANS ANYTHING LESS WOULD BE UNAMERICAN

OUR USA TROOPS HAVE FREE SPEECH ON A BANNER THAT SAYS:

WE'RE RIGHT
YOUR WRONG
DEAL WITH IT

IMUS WON THE $$$$$$$$$...... CBS LOST THE DEAL..SO DEAL WITH IT CBS

WTG DON :o) HE HAD LENNY BRUCES LAWYER..YA KNOW :o)

IMUS WE'RE IN MOURNING

WE MISS IMUS IN THE MORNING

NOW THAT YOUR DEAL WITH RADIO SEEMS "SOLID"

MAKE SURE ON YOUR RETURN TO TV YOU RETURN TO A CHANNEL WE ALL GET ON...... DIGITAL CABLE
CMON DON.... NO ONE GETS MAYBERRY"RFD-TV" I CALLED MY CABLE COMPANY AND THEY NEVER HEARD OF IT

COME OVER TO FOX

OR A CHANNEL ALL OF AMERICA WITH A TV GETS

I "BOYCOTT" MSNBC AND ALL AFFILLITES ..EVERYONE IN AMERICA DO THIS FOR DON IMUS ..I DO BOYCOTT CBS

THE NEW FOX BUSSINESS CHANNEL LAUNCHES SOON
BUT WE WANT YOU TO BE THERE ON TV IN THE FALL
WHERE YOU..... DON IMUS YOU Will SHOCK THEM ALL

CBS LOST THEY'RE .....GOLDEN GOOSE YOU DON

AND DON IMUS HAS A HEART OF GOLD

AND A RANCH FOR LITTLE KIDS WITH CANCER

I CAN RELATE IM TRYING MY BEST TO BEAT MY CANCER NOW..MY SISITER LOST HER BATTLE 2 AUG AGO

AND I HAVE AN AUTISTIC GRANDSON..NAMED RYAN

HE'S 5 HE WAS NOT AUTISTIC BEFORE THOSE THYMARISOL SHOTS ..DON REPORTED THIS FIRST

AND HE BROKE THE NEWS ABOUT WALTER REED"NOT FIT FOR A RAT: OUR RETURNING TRROPS AND VETS DESEVER BETTER) THEY SHOLD BLLOPW THE PLACE UP AFTER..THEY GO TO A NICE CLEAN HOOSPITAL OF COURSE

AND THEY FIRED DON IN THE MIDDLE OF A "CANCER TELETHON" IN IAPRIL

THE DAY THE LAUGHTR DIED :o(

"THAT WAS COLD CBS" ..WELL NOW THE DON HOLDS THE CARDS$$$$$$$ HE WON THE DEAL

AND TO CBS "WE'RE NOT HAPPY TILL YOU'RE NOT HAPPY TOO" THATS TO CBS

LORD HEARD MY PRAYER ....HURRY BACK DON WE MISS YOU TO TV SO WE CAN LAUGH AGAIN YOU'RE #1 FAN ON THIS PLANET.. KAREN 54

mg

I-Ho, I-Ho off to the bank Imus goes......WE LOVE YOU DON! Hurry back, your I-Hos are waiting!

mg

$20 Million - Les Moonbat might have to sell one of his mansions or better yet, get fired for making such a stupid business decision!

YOU GO, I-MAN!

Tangie

Those dumb ho's that he was talking about milked it good. Absurd, the way this man was run off the air.

Karen Ridenour

Don Imus wwill Never Return To "THE SCENE OF THE CRIME"MSNBC"

Don Make sure you go to the new fox bussiness channel or a channel all fof america gets

$$$$$$$$DON$$$$$$$$$ Strut Back To Tv In Style

OUR Rhinestone Cowboy With A Heart Of Gold

and in his hands$$$$$$$$ he holds.

hurry back Don WE MISS YOU SO MUCH..ITS"DISTURBING"

See You In THe Fall WHen you will "SHOCK THEM ALL" Don On TV

Somfincute

Anne,

I am offended that you compared a joke to mass. I think you should not have the right to say that. You should shut your mouth and not say that. It has offened me. Oh wait, I have the ability to not listen to what you have the freedom to say. Stop wishing away your rights!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments