Report: CBS To Settle Up with Imus

8/14/2007 1:02 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The Associated Press is reporting that shock jock Don Imus has reached a settlement with CBS, after the broadcaster was fired for making racist and sexist comments about the Rutgers women's basketball team. Calling Al Sharpton!

According to an AP source, the settlement keeps CBS out of court and away from Imus' threatened $120 million breach of contract lawsuit and a possible "non-disparaging agreement" which would keep Imus from speaking negatively about his former employer. Shut yo' mouth!

In addition, WABC radio in New York is reportedly in talks with the I-man to bring him back to the airwaves.

Somfincute

damn I meant mass killing.

Kirk

Good for them paying up. He should not have been fired for speaking the truth.

Budmen1

Imus.......so glad this is over and you can finally return and provide the entertainment thats so lacking during my morning drive. Hurry Back !!!!!!!!!!!! Hope you can grab Chuck.....Bernard ....lew etc to make it what it was.......and rock the ratings !!!!!!!!!!!!

huh?

recycle_reject alert? First off, ASS is not spelled with two Z's. Your ghetto spelling does not impress, sorry. Second...he should never have been fired for WORDS, and lastly...the only asses that should be shipped to Iraq should be rappers.

here's a thought

Don't hate on black women just because we don't date men we are not attracted to. No need to get racial. Some of you haters must be too fugly and miserable to attract your own kind. :)

Ree

Chris28

Their names will be LEAKED - so endorse at your own risk , I think you are typing too fast and Imus has been on Radio for over 40 years and he carrys a gun...this isn't his first dance.

But go on you were pointing out how to threaten someone on a TMZ blog

jck

I'm so glad that Iman is coming back. The first maggot he should have on his show is Al Sharpton so he can tell him................I Told YOUSo!. This is great news...........

meat_arian

LORD HEARD MY PRAYER ....HURRY BACK DON WE MISS YOU TO TV SO WE CAN LAUGH AGAIN YOU'RE #1 FAN ON THIS PLANET.. KAREN 54

Posted at 3:32PM on Aug 14th 2007 by Karen Ridenour

Would you be his ole cobweb groupie ..that prob lives alone with 50 cats and smell like bengay ; his 50 + plus club is a sorry bunch.. who thinks saying mean spirited things about other races is all fun and jokes ; Where is DR. KEVORKIAN to assit these LEATHER FACES to their final resting place.

val

AT LEAST IMUS IS HONEST .. TMZ AND HARVEY LEVIN SOLD US OUT WHEN THEY BASHED LAURA BUSH AND PUT THE MOST DISRESPECTFUL SITE FOR MERV GRIFFIN'S DEATH.

I'll listen to Imus, I'll watch him on TV, and know that he gives from his heart to children, blacks and whites alike. I never like bigotry, but I like him for he was doing what he was paid to do. I knew too, that Sharpton never served time in prison for pushing a rape case against a man by child Tuana Brawely who lied .. where that man lost his family and all.

GOOD FOR IMUS !!!!!

BAD TMZ !!!!

Karen Ridenour

WOW ITS ALL OVER FOX NEWS ... DON IMUS HAS WON 20 MILLION SMACKAROOS BABY :o)$$$$$$$$$$$$

AND THE ONES ARE ON SAYS THEY WILL HIRE HIM IN A MINUTE

TURN ON FOX NEWS NOW

IM NO "BIGGOT" BELEIVE THAT

AND NEITHER IS"DON IMUS"

HEY DON WAS ON "PAID LEAVE MORE$$$$$$$" THEY JUST ANNOUNCED THAT ON FOX

SO NOW WHEN HE RETURNS HE'LL BE SO WELL AND SO STRONG

DONS SINGING ALL THE WAY TO THE BANK HI HO HI HO ITS OFF TO THE BANK I GO

THEN ON RADIO AND TV

I AM HAPPY AND FILLED WITH GLEE

THE I-MANS #1 FAN ON THIS PLANET AND BEYOND...KAREN 54 FORT ASHBY WEST VIRGINIA USA USA HOME OF FREE SPEECH

LAND OF THE FREE HOME OF THE BRAVE

AMERICA

FATHER SON AND HOLY GHOST
RADIO AND TV'S COMMING SOON ....AND DON IS THE HOST

DON IS THE HOST WITH THE MOST BABY

LORD HEAR MY PRAYER

OH I MEAN.......... LORD HEARD MY PRAYER AMEN

Go with the Flow!

# 38 KAREN RIDDENWHORE, YOU ARE SO DUMD THAT ALL THAT GIBBERISH YOU POSTED DOES NOT MAKE ANY SENSE. MAYBE YOU SHOULD START YOUR OWN
LITTLE CULT GROUP AND MAKE DON IMUS YOUR GOD. JUST GO AWAY TO SOME
INHABBITED ISLAND AND OVER THERE YOU CAN WORSHIP THE POMPOUS UGLY
ASS ALL YOU WANT. YOU HO!

Go with the Flow!

Don Imus is a pig. He is a bigot and racist, and he will burn in hell, he is so ugly that
all that money is not going to get him a decent enough plastic surgery, He is ugly inside
and out. He is just like Al Sharpton. They should both be handed over to Michael Vick
one more fight, fight on the uglies! After the fight is over, they should be taken to Iraq
and dropped right in the middle of the war.

mg

Don Imus is no racist and no pig. You obviously never listened to him in your life. I find your comments hateful but you have a right to say them.

Come back Imus, we miss you!! It's been too long!

bellalu0

The I-man is coming back and I'm glad. If you don't like it, turn the dial. You have a right to do that. I have a right to listen. It is foolish to want to give up your freedom of speech.

GOOD NEWS is here at last!

mg

Don Imus cannot come back soon enough for those of us who have autistic children, and there are thousands of us. He was our champion and we need him back.

Congratulations to the I-Man! Get Bernie and come back soon.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments