Criss: It's All an Act, I Ain't With Brit!

8/18/2007 8:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ's favorite mindfreak Criss Angel tells People that he is not hooking up with Britney, insisting he was just helping her plan for a possible performance at the upcoming VMAs. Shazaam!

"We were talking about how she wants to do something more with the [awards] show, and about me helping out and hoping to work with her on doing something to make her MTV appearance more innovative," he insists. Apparently the two share the same manager, and Criss thought he could impart some magically delicious wisdom on the pop tart.

TMZ cameras caught exclusive video of the random couple as they left the W hotel in Los Angeles Friday.

"It's amazing how you can't do anything now without people making up stuff," whines the "magician." Riiiight.

Geek Love for Kathy Griffin?

Is D lister Kathy Griffin dating Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak? Page Six reports Wozniak surprised the comedienne by leaving her a gift basket for her dogs backstage after a performance last month. At first, the Post says, she thought it a joke, but it turned out to be true. Wozniak was smitten and "wanted to meet her." The two are now apparently trying to schedule their first date. No word on whether that will include some geocaching and a trip to Comic-con and Best Buy. Maybe she'll get a free iPhone out of the deal. Nerds!

Jordin Sparks is the Anti-Kelly

The youngest American Idol winner has done what the first winner couldn't-- made nice with Clive Davis.

UsMagazine.com reports the 17-year-old Jordin Sparks has gone the way of Britney and Justin by signing a deal with Jive Records. Clive told the mag "Jordin is a terrific young singer who has found a great home at Jive. [They] know how to patiently nurture career artists, and Jordin Sparks hints of a legacy and longevity waiting to be fulfilled." Take that Clarkson.

Her first single, something called "Tattoo," hits shelves August 27.

Nelly Furtado to Do Vegas ... VMA Style

TMZ has learned exclusively that Nelly Furtado will perform at the 2007 Video Music Awards in Las Vegas on September 9. As we previously reported, she won't be joining Lily Allen, who had to nix it due to immigration issues.

No word on whether she'll duet with John Mayer on "Chocolate Rain" "Say it Right."

Sillyme

Criss says.. Um, the agency said, Wanna make a few million? So our client Britney can't act, sing, dance or entertain.. but maybe she can permanently disappear? I know the audience and world would love that!

annie

Kathy, I know you are reading here. I hope if this is true that you get laid and have a dog prepared to take of your dogs for life! What more can a girl ask for.
After that Matt fiasco, Honey, you deserve better.

As for anyone that doesn't like Kathy, omg, they either are deaf, stupid, or have no sense of humor. Which then should take you back to High School Musical 1 or 2. She is ,sorry Kathy, A legend in the comedy world. No one is as genius as her. No one. I love your staff and your mom. Sorry for the loss of your dad, he was so cute and hilarious. I hope your mom is well. I have been sick for the last 4 months and the reruns have kept me going girl. I laugh every time. Ok, yes, if this is what sucking up is I hope I have done it well.

Everyone Enjoy Kathy on Bravo
If you don't like her
wait till the flipping out guy shows up!! (Talk about issues.)

annie

OOPS, I meant have a man take care of your dogs. my bad!

bearybadgrl

criss, your mom would not be very proud of you right now. look at what people have been saying about you lately! atleast be discreet to protect your reputation.

Rev. Al Sharpton

#6 ann

Don't get me wrong, I think Kathy Griffin is hilarious, just a little "chatty".

Sarah Silverman SUCKS!

Who knows if Kathy is dating him or not. On her Bravo show she had done a segment on HSN or QVC (can’t remember which one) where she was selling Apple computers on air. So maybe there is a connection there and it has nothing to do with romance. Whatever the case, I’m sure she’s thrilled to have the publicity.

"The truth is the truth even if no one believes it, and a lie is a lie even if everyone believes it." ~Tim Reeter

Jen

Way to go, Kathy! Your plan to find money and not love is working out perfectly! Can't wait for Seaon 4!!!!!!!!!

annie

I bet I could outchat Kathy. I doubt I would be as funny. But Lord Love her. It takes someone awful special to make people laugh. Esp. me with my sense of humor. She is Chatty Kathy, but that's why I love her.

If she is or isn't going out with Mr. Apple. Kathy will always be fine. Moneys great and everything, but looks on a man count for something? Or did I just not marry well? Could be.

Good luck to her either way! GO KATH! Can't you hear her mom. "Oh Kathleen he is a perfectly nice millionaire, and oh the servants are so quick to fill your wine glass, Their box of wine must be huge!"

Spurs

Come on Criss, everyone knows that you were looking for the Detroit Tunnel. Unfortunately, no one told you that Parisite has it, and refuses to give it up. I hear she's into horses now, cause no man can satisfy her anymore.

Wayne

Kelly is signed with RCA, which owns Jive records. So... I see no difference between her and Jordan, in terms of label. Kelly simply grew past the "Idol-istic" controlled (which includes Davis and other management) stage of her career.

LLLL

Some people (and yes, I'm looking at you, TMZ) have made far too much of Kelly Clarkson's decision to make some of her own decisions about her career. Only an ass would interpret that as seriously dissing Clive. So no, Jordin Sparks shouldn't be considered any kind of anti-Kelly just because, as a novice, she takes direction from an experienced music guy. Don't be silly.

djdw61

Kathy Griffin hasn't even had her first date with the Apple dude and she's already running her mouth about it????

Sillyme

Kathy needs a smart, stable guy to treat her well. She is very wise, kind and really wants to trust someone in forever more love..
Yes, Kathy goes off the scale for hilarious vs crude and cruel, but mostly she's funny, truthful and very astute on her humor.

Teri

I LOVE KATHY, I DO CRINGE WHEN SHE DISSES GOD. BUT THAT IS JUST MY THING, NOT EVERY ONES. EVERY ONE NEEDS A HUNNY BUNNY AND I HOPE SHE FINDS IT I THINK SHE HAS HER OWN MONEY AND IS NOT LOOKING FOR A SUGAR DADDY, BUT ON THE OTHER HAND I AM SURE SHE DOES NOT WANT TO BE USED FOR HER MONEY AGAIN. - OR A LEAST GET BETTER THAN MATT FOR HER MONEY.

yomamma

Seriously now people. Kathy Griffin rocks.

I think it's great that someone is loving her. She deserves it!

Not only is she hilarious, she is real. Kathy is beautiful, talented and tells it like it is.

If LA had more women like and less plastic worthless air headed overrated whores, people might take the "LA scene" a bit more seriously.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments