Courteney and David Pull a Britney?

8/22/2007 5:04 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has obtained this photo of Courteney Cox Arquette and David Arquette with their three-year-old daughter Coco in Kauai, Hawaii. Coco, riding between her parents in a kayak, is not wearing a life jacket.

We checked and found that according to Hawaii state law, "Children 12 and under must wear a properly fitting PFD while underway."

We contacted the Arquette's rep, and are waiting for a call back.

lollypop

LEAVE THEM ALONE!

Tracy

I guess because Courtney is not Britney then it is OK for her to do this? Doesn't make sense to me.

duh

Are you people all out of your freaking minds? No, they are in no way like Britney...they are "pulling a Britney" by NOT having a life jacket on their kid!

But to say that this is ok, you are all morons! Have you not heard of kids dying in tragic accidents? How many times have we heard, I was just looking the other way, or we were right there holding her, etc etc. It only takes one slip and yeah, I agree, that water doesn't look too crystal clear to me.

Who cares if the shore seems close by? THAT KID SHOULD HAVE A LIFE JACKET ON AND YOU ALL KNOW IT.

No wonder this country is going to hell with the way all you losers think.

Stephanie M

LAME. This is NOT news. Who cares? At three she can probably swim. I just floated down a river with my 11 month old in my lap with NO LIFE VEST, you should have me killed.

Jack Schitt

>>>>>>T M Z

duh

Oh and another thing, there are OTHER PICTURES where she is NOT sitting between her daddy's legs, she is sitting in the front of the boat facing Courtney. They must've seen the paps and covered themselves.

lollypop

When did TMZ start working for Social Service Dept!

MissS

XOXO should be barred from commenting.
C&D are good parents and just made an honest mistake.

calimom

maybe COCO knows how to swim, my kid was swimming by age 2.

sandy

Must be a slow day at TMZ....these pics have been around for a week or so. Geez...now you're picking on Courtney? Can't even compare her w/wacky Britney's lack of parental skills. I say leave the Arquettes alone already.

Bridget

I NEVER wore a life jacket when I was a little kid and I would go on canoe rides with my siblings into deep and murky waters. We had a life jacket in the boat for me to throw on if we saw the warden come by so we wouldn't get in trouble. I knew how to swim at 3 so there were no worries if the boat tipped. I'm sure there was a life jacket on board for her, and those are not hard to put on someone who knows how to swim and if there is someone else around when someone is already in the water.

DMS

The girl is old enough to know how to swim - and I doubt the water is that deep. I think it is a little severe to say they are pulling a Brittany - Brit Brit would have had them standing in the front with their hands touching the water ya'll!

Cajun Princess

You know I never see TMZ say anything negative about Angelina Jolie. Maybe she is the SAINT (Perfect Parent) of TMZ. It does not matter if you have the time to give love to all the kids you adopt and have. Just BUY them things.

giveherabreak

At least it's family together. Who the hell are you the safety police? Your site creates ignorant and incredibly reckless photographers who jump out in front of cars, pick fights with celebrities, and put others in harms way several times a day all in the name of trying to sell you a picture and you're trying to make good parents spending time with their kids look like bad people? I'd like to see the photographers get killed or maimed since their only goal is to gather life destroying photos of others. As for your site and the perezhilton parasites of the world I guess we'll just have to wait for your judgement in hell.

thom

I have already abandoned the sophmoric retarded Perez Hilton (hate to admit I ever looked at that site). Sad to see that TMZ also has lost its grasp on why people come. We want the photos, the gossip, etc. We do NOT want or need the pontification. You guys have crossed some sort of line here. A pompous ass line. If you think you are the voice of the silent smarmy-ass masses, you're wrong. Watch yourself, or the once-faithful readers you have pissed off will band together to boycott your sponsors. I don't give a hoot about Courtney & David, but I respect them for having a life and minding their own business. Are you going to follow all celeuspawn around for eternity, to police their parents' parenting skills? Great. I'm looking forward to hearing from you one day in the not-too-distant future, that Suri Cruise will ride her tricycle down the sidewalk without a helmet. Good reporting job, guys.