Holy War! When Televangelists Attack!

8/23/2007 2:14 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Oh my god! Pentecostal televangelist and women's empowerment lecturer Juanita Bynum was attacked at 4:00 AM in an Atlanta airport hotel parking lot -- by her estranged husband, Bishop Thomas W. Weeks III! Holy s**t!

According to police, the couple fought in the parking lot until a hotel bellman stepped in and broke it up. Bynum told police that her husband "choked her, pushed her down, kicked and stomped her in the Renaissance parking lot." Lordy! TMZ spoke with the victim's sister, Tina Celeb Mugshots -- click to launchCulpepper, who said "Juanita is resting."

Miss Culpepper photographed Juanita's injuries, as seen here. Only the lord knows where Weeks is at this time.

Musica

Recovery, I can honestly say that I don't believe in People who only preach about financial prosperity. But who are we to judge them, it's not our job to condemn or judge anybody, that's for God to decide. The only thing I can do, as a Christian, is to pray that God have mercy on them and that they realize their wrong doings, and ask for God's forgiveness.

wordologist

I am a Pastors Kid and I know a lot is swept under the rug in these prefect christ centered marriages . Wife and child abuse are subjects that won't earn you any brownie points at church. They don't want to talk about it. They'll give you a few bible verses to ponder and that's it. Many Christian communities would rather sacrifice an abused wife and child than deal with the scandal and lost of revenue. This is probaly not the first time he has beat her A**. This is just the time it was so public it couldn't be denied. The sad part is people will continue to send money to his ministry he will pull out some bible verses and they will forgive him next week in two days if he sheds some tears.Once a man shows you who he's going to be to you, partner or abuser it's set in stone. Leave his ass , run to the hill from which come your help. Prosecute his ass so women and just plain others won't be fleeced like you were.

nat

ok, I know many people have been disgusted or wounded in some way by religion, I understand that. however, it is NOT ok for TMZ or any of you to make jokes out of a domestic violence situation. i dont care who it's happening to, it's NOT funny. thank God this woman fought back, because if he was chocking her, he could have probably killed her. as a person close to the inner workings of my own church, I know first hand that the clergy can be manipulative and disgusting. this is the exact reason that we should all be equally sensitive to the victims of these clergymen. I see no joke here.

Dawn Day

"Diary of a Mad Black Woman Part 2 in the making."

TMZ,
My comment was deleted (#3) and quite frankly I don't understand. "Diary of a Mad Black Woman" is a legitimate move and as a matter of fact I watched it just last night on t.v.

What was offensive about my comment? Just wonderin'.

Sarah Silverman SUCKS!

Domestic abuse is about control. Someone trying to enforce their will upon another in an angry and violent way. We can’t blame everything on Satan trying to bring people down in the Kingdom. There needs to be more personal responsibility and accountability in the church. When the storm has passed, I hope that she uses this as an opportunity to help others going through the same thing and not gloss over it with a bunch of current day church jargon. BTW, the story says the pictures were taken by her sister. Obviously she’s looking for some public support if these photos were released.

#47- Thank you. Well said.

BETTY

The BIBLE warns us to keep our mouths off of God's chosen vessels! PROPHETESS BYNUM CONTINUE TO LOOK UP BECAUSE GOD IS STILL ON THE THRONE.HOLD YOUR HEAD UP HIGH AND WALK PROUD BECAUSE ALL OF US HAVE ISSUES THAT WE ARE DEALING WITH . FOR SURE IF WE LEAN NOT TO OUR OWN UNDERSTANDING GOD WILL SURELY DIRECT OUR PATHS. I LOVE YOU, APPRECIATE YOU AND THANK GOD FOR YOU!!! SITUATIONS LIKE THIS LET'S US KNOW WHO IS FOR US FOR REAL AND WHO IS JUST GIVING LIP SERVICE AS LONG AS THINGS ARE GOING FINE. DON'T WORRY ABOUT WHAT PEOPLE SAY THAT HURT OUR FLESH,BUT BE MINDFUL OF THE ONE THAT HOLDS OUR FUTURE IN HIS HAND. KEEP ON KEEPING ON BECAUSE THERE ARE STILL THOSE OF US WHO NEED ALL THAT GOD HAS PUT YOUR HANDS. TELL YOUR MOTHER SHE GIVES OUT A LOT OF ENCOURAGEMENT EVERYTIME I LOOK AT YOUR DVD'S, VIDEOS, CD'S,ETC TELL HER IF NO ONE ELSE STAND WITH YOU CONTINUE TO STAND WITH YOU AND GOD WILL CONTINUE TO BLESS HER EXCEEDINGLY. TELL TA'SHONDA THAT HER LABOR IS NOT IN VAIN, AND GOD HAS CALLED HER TO DO WHAT SHE DOES AND THERE IS NO ONE ELSE THAT CAN DO WHAT HE HAS CALLED HER TO DO, BUT HER. PROPHETTESS, GOD WILL USE THIS SITUATION TO FREE SOMEONE ELSE. KEEP ON TICKING BABY GIRL. YOU HAVE COME TOO FAR TO TURN BACK NOW, IN JESUS NAME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE YOU, YOUR MOTHER, AND TA' SHONDA

Chi-town saved & single sister

We are human before we are anything Pastors, Evg. , Decon, Trustees, what ever the calling. Stop putting people on peddle - stools. The only one who walked this earth with out sin is Christ & He did that for us. No, what Bishop did is WRONG. Ephesians 6:10-13 this is a spiritual war.

Juanita Bynum my God! My God! what God has in store for you. Look to the hills where your help comes from. I got your back in prayer.

el polacko

violence and jeebus .. just another day in da 'hood.

Real

We should pray for both of them instead of making fun of the situation. What most don't realize is they are sinners saved by grace. They have issues and moments of weakness just like everyone else. There has only been one perfect person that has walk this earth and that was JESUS. People are so quick to judge Christian as if we are perfect and we don't have moments of poor judgment. We are not perfect. We fall short, have issue,and sin just like everyone else but the good thing we have a Father that loves and will forgive us even in the mist of all we go through. He is above all our situation and problems. He can bring us out of everything we go through in spite of the negative comments. I'm not saying he was right for hitting her but come on America why make fun of a situation that you probably have gone through or know someone that has gone through it. I bet it was not so funny....

cary

The church of "what's happening now" be happenin!

What we have here is a simple failure to communicate. But at 4:00 am?

Lordy be!

Pinkymarie

This inscident only goes to show us that we are all humans and can be exposed to domestic abuse or any other kind of abuse for that matter. it does not discriminate and it does not have a face. This is going to be a long process for her and her loved ones so lets keep her in our prayers hopefully this will make her stronger. As for the rest of us lets learn to notice red flags and prevent this from happening to us. ( there are always red flags before an inscident)

Maple leaf forever

#54 chi-town, I enjoyed reading your comment. It is nice to see someone who has the spirit of Christ in them. Most of these comments on here are just hateful and nasty, and it is good to see that there are some nice American's out there.

Min.Trudi Parson

My comment was also deleted. Obviously because it was first ,scripture based, secondly, encouraging, and finally and most fulfilling, offensive to the enemy!

Theresa

I'm hurt to hear this about J. B. As a matter of fact, I'm pissed but all I can do is pray for her and myself from being pissed. I thought and as she stated that he was the one for her. So now u question, who put him in her life, God or the devil? U never know what his purpose was to be in her life and then again, he could of been placed in her life for her to bless him in some kind of way. Well J, you time is up with him.. It was just for a season. May God cover your spirit, heart and soul. U will be healed..

ENSYGHTWITH@AOL.COM

THIS IS THE DAY THE LORD HAS MADE, LETS REJOICE AND BE GLAD IN IT:

PLEASE DON'T PLACE HIGH EXPECTATION UPON PULPIT PEOPLE, BECAUSE THEY ARE PEOPLE OF ERROR ALSO..............

ITS AMAZING HOW PEOPLE LEAVE STUFF OUT, I LISTEN TO ALOT OF STORIES. YOU KNOW, THE BEFORE, DURING AND AFTER, BUT ITS ALWAYS SOME INBETWEEN .....

ITS ALWAYS........ 3 SIDES.

1.) THERE SIDE
2.) THE OTHER SIDE &
3.) THE SIDE, NOT TOLD.

THE FOCUS, NORMALLY IS ON THE OTHER PERSON, "SOME" OF THERE SIDE, AND NEVER THE UNTOLD SIDE.

THE SIDE THATS NOT TOLD, " NORMALLY IS" : THE PART THEY PLAYED IN, WHAT THEY LEAVING OUT, WHAT THEY ADDED, AND THE "TRUTH"

SO ALWAYS REMEMBER,THERES ALWAYS 3 SIDES TO A STORY

THERE SIDE
THE OTHER SIDE
AND THE "TRUTH"

WE ALL CAN FIND ERROR IN EVERTHING.......

PS 130:3, IF "ERROR" WAS WHAT HE WATCED, WHO CAN STAND