Lindsay: "I Am Addicted to Alcohol and Drugs"

8/23/2007 6:47 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Lindsay Lohan issued the following statement to TMZ:

"It is clear to me that my life has become completely unmanageable because I am addicted to alcohol and drugs.

Recently, I relapsed and did things for which I am ashamed. I broke the law, and today I took responsibility by pleading guilty to the charges in my case. No matter what I said when I was under the influence on the day I was arrested, I am not blaming anyone else for my conduct other than myself. I thank God I did not injure others. I easily could have.

I very much want to be healthy and gain control of my life and career and have asked for medical help in doing so. I am taking these steps to improve my life. Luckily, I am not alone in my daily struggle and I know that people like me have succeeded. Maybe with time it will become easier. I hope so."

Previous 15 Comments | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22

GRouston

Your not alone, milions abusing alcohol and drugs, milions sober and free, you can get sober as well although it looks impossible at present when your hopeless, but being hopeless and helpless is the key, called your bottom, when you finally admit-accept and surrender then and onlt then are you on your road to recovery,. Tough road but worth the trip and the alternatives are worse than recovery.
I did it, millions have, there is HOPE, If I can get sober and stay sober anyone can.
Most important thing I ever did was to accept Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior, give my life to Him and it all turned around in an instant, faced two counts of attempted murder, blown up an a gas explosion, many DUI's, hospitalizations, mental institutions, jail, divorce, bankruptcy-you name it I did it or should I say my disease allwed it. I was down and out, bankrupt spiritually, emotionally and mentally, no place to go except check out-suicide, could not even do that then God saved me in sopite of mysely.
Being a star, famous, the color of your skin, where you live or work, what side of the tracks you grew up on, how much or how little money you have does not matter one wit, the only thing that really matters are you willing to stop doing life your way, turn your life over to God and go to any lengths to get sober and get that monkey off your back.
There is HOPE and the light at the end of the tunnel is God-Salvation, Freedom, Peace-not a train.
You can always go back to that old neighborhood if you don't like sobriety, rememeber when you do get sober stop hanging with those that will bring you down again, those that are not really your friends, those that do not care about you, you must care about you, covet your new life-your sobriety and move on into the LIGHT, your new life.

uuuhhooohh!!!

Addicts have a DISEASE. Just like any other Disease, We shouldn't be so harsh with someone who is ill and trying to recover. Responsibility for ones actions while sick needs to be taken, it is step 6 and 7 of Recovery in A.A. and N.A., but a little compassion never hurts.

From one Addict in Recovery to another, it gets better, Lindsay, just HANG IN THERE!!!

Celeste

Dumbass skanky bitch.

Celeste

Sure, millions are addicted to drugs, but millions don't have the advantages of good looks, talent, and all the frigging money in the world. No excuses for you, LILO.

Brian Alfrey

I think what Lindsey needs are some friends who don't support her bad habits and a boyfriend whos doesn't support her habits either. All of her friends are hanging on to her because of her money. She takes them out, buys them drinks, and feeds them. They don't care about her well being. If I was her friend I would show so much concern for her health and safety. I would talk with her. I would suggest we hangout where there would be no pressure to drink or use drugs. Just plain old fun. If I was her boyfriend I would suggest we stay in watch a movie of do something where, once again, there is no pressure to drink or use drugs. Yeah, I know. I'm not talking crap like the rest of you. You know why? I'm not jealous of her. I am concerned. If you knew someone that has done the same thing or is doing the same thing you wouldn' be talking crap on her.

wa wa waa

LL just failed a drug test in the Utah rehab, and was also caught having sex in a bathroom with a male patient. Wake up TMZ!

umaguma61

To Lindsay.I wish you the absolute best and Gods speed.To all you negative sickos out there who seem to make light of and get off on other peoples misery;F--- off and get a real life.I feel sorry for the future generations of this world if some of these sick comments, about whether she is sincere or not,are how we are going to treat each other in the future.Peace-Out.

Scotty

I would think that she will never get her act together again in California. The very smartest thing she should do right now is take her money and buy herself a nice home in another area of the country, never tell her ridiculous parents where she lives, and get out of the news for at least a year...then make a comeback....or try.

stop the madness

gutter trash!

Natalie

Get Well Soon Lindsay. I think that you were great in Mean Girls and deserve to get better ! :0)

Not Suprised

OMG what a shock... she is addicted to drigs........jeez you could not tell by look at her....
here is an idea to the court in Califorina instead of giving her jail time send her to a court ordered in patient rehab for atleast 180 days... and not on the pampers to a Celebrity

Renee

I think its hard enough just to be a sober 21 year old. if i can get past drugs before 21 than she can too. As far as drinking..SHE'S FREAKIN 21!!! Duh! you know practically everyone has had a drink before 21, but now is the time she can drink and be young. Damn, why don't people remember the last time they went to work with a hangover?... Lindsay should def drop the coke, it will take over your life, not good. She shouldn't hang out with people who are going to put her back into that lifestyle.

Previous 15 Comments | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22