Lindsay: "I Am Addicted to Alcohol and Drugs"

8/23/2007 6:47 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Lindsay Lohan issued the following statement to TMZ:

"It is clear to me that my life has become completely unmanageable because I am addicted to alcohol and drugs.

Recently, I relapsed and did things for which I am ashamed. I broke the law, and today I took responsibility by pleading guilty to the charges in my case. No matter what I said when I was under the influence on the day I was arrested, I am not blaming anyone else for my conduct other than myself. I thank God I did not injure others. I easily could have.

I very much want to be healthy and gain control of my life and career and have asked for medical help in doing so. I am taking these steps to improve my life. Luckily, I am not alone in my daily struggle and I know that people like me have succeeded. Maybe with time it will become easier. I hope so."

liliana

i do give her credit for admitting she's ADDICTED to alcohol and drugs; unlike parasite that lied to the whole nation sayin she's NEVER done any kind of drugs!

Kim

mayor@lacity.org
complain here as well. mayor antonio viallaragosa (sp?) complain to him that his district attorney is a nit wit. they all need to be held accountable. they will only make a move if they think it will cost them votes. unbelievable.

Amy

One day in jail? Money talks.

Mamma D

If you've every loved someone with a substance abuse problem, you will wish Lindsay well and pray for her miracle. Every successful ex-addict gives hope to the next one.

Janice

Leave her alone............I hope she does get better,,,,,,,,,this is a horrible disease
It's not a joke.............It is very sad

Amy Silverman

Who is kidding who-she didn't write this stuff-she is NOT that smart and she is NOT sorry!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She'll be laid out drunk tonight!

Yikes-A-Hooty

Go play on the freeway Lindsay. You really suck out loud.

Sillyme

I bet she and the other nasty celebtards were histerical and cried for hours when they read this..

MTV USED 2PLAY MUSIC VIDEOS! REMEMBER?

I'd love to make a snotty comment, but if these are truly YOUR words,
Lindsay, then the proof will be in the pudding. Show Hollywood that
you can be different and make something of yourself -get the help you need

Margaret

Oh, yeah right! Give me a blinking break.....she is just saying "all the right things" to appeal to everyone. She knows she's a spoiled celebrity with NO talent or job ethic(just like the rest of them) and is about to lose it all(possibly). She just doesn't want to go to jail, because we ALL know Hollywood will take any Felon/Loser back. She's not even cute. The layers of spray on makeup cover all her freckles. Not that freckles aren't cute, but if so, then why hide them????

Mel B.

YOU and ONLY YOU are who can fix your problems and you have to WANT to fix them !! I DO hope you do .... but who is the person that wrote this ?? Your manager ?? Really ??? When it comes from her lips to our eyes and after plenty of time - I'll believe it ! The proof is in the pudding ..

lin

First we had the Teflon Don, Now we got Wonder Woman Linds, and The Petey the Roach, dodging Charges and responsibilities for their actions. They are amazing , I mean their legal teams are ferocious, and definitely worth the money they are paid. Please tell me that WW can still drive her car , accompanied by a licensed responsible adult, Ali ? But not after 11:00 pm , Pacific time, and Crappy Crawler Petey, will at least volunteer at an animal shelter, being such a caring animal lover that he is. I hope they've learned their lessons. This Time, Uh what's the score WW 3, Crappy 11.

When my Cat >^..^< speaks people listen

Janice

Kim .How can you say that. The man is a loser himself.

liliana

i think she will recover.. anyone remember drew barrymore?? she was donig drugs at 13 and look at her now... i hope she does.. i do like lindsay!

Bubbles

OH SHUT UP. You belong in jail, you lying skank. Now go back to your vacation in Utah.