Lindsay: "I Am Addicted to Alcohol and Drugs"

8/23/2007 6:47 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Lindsay Lohan issued the following statement to TMZ:

"It is clear to me that my life has become completely unmanageable because I am addicted to alcohol and drugs.

Recently, I relapsed and did things for which I am ashamed. I broke the law, and today I took responsibility by pleading guilty to the charges in my case. No matter what I said when I was under the influence on the day I was arrested, I am not blaming anyone else for my conduct other than myself. I thank God I did not injure others. I easily could have.

I very much want to be healthy and gain control of my life and career and have asked for medical help in doing so. I am taking these steps to improve my life. Luckily, I am not alone in my daily struggle and I know that people like me have succeeded. Maybe with time it will become easier. I hope so."

Sandra

LINDSAY!!!!
How disgusting you are!!!!! I will NEVER allow my girls of view any of your movies, etc.

You DONOT AND CANNOT accept responsibilty!!!!!!!!

I hope you read every one of these entries...i hope your career continues to dive!

YOU SUCK!!!!!!!

JW

What a well-crafted letter...I hope Lindsay has read it to know what words her publicist is putting in her mouth! LOL! That whore couldn't write two lines with proper sentence structure. Give me a break!

I call bullshit

Nice words- too bad they were written by her PR person.

USHER LISTEN TO YOUR MOTHER

im relly sory abut all the troble i kaused.
sencerely
linsay lohan

Tiger Tale

I hate to say it but that statement was canned like tuna.

I bet she lasts 2 weeks out of rehab...

Chase

I am quite certian we will look back on this day and time in a few years and realize that this was a missed opportunity for the "justice system" to help her TRULY take responsibility for her behavior. At the time we're looking back, it will probably be some sort of tragedy. Didn't we learn anything from the Anna Nicole news?

Jajajo

Is everyone is Ca sick? Look at all these dangerous disease infested skanks living, playing there. Why do you live there? I mean now you don't even get protection from your law.
Sell and move out, let all the homes take a plunge and make a new area the "it" area and let LA, become the new Hollywood.... it basically is anyway...
Stand up and make a stand people, stop being an Ostrich!

MissBrown2u

If this is not a 'race' issue, I don't know what is!!!!
This broad-who just so happens to be white- ran over a young mans foot-a black young man, terrified the assistants mother by following her in a high speed chase (Li-Lo-the-Wasted-Ho could have run someone over), and to top it all off, the cowardly skank told the police that "the black kid" was the one driving! What does she get? A frigging day in jail and rehab.

Now, Michael Vic may go to prison for dog fights and has lost his career as a star football player-he's black, by-the-way...any questions?

Sandra

any body know City Attorney's Rocky Delgadio's email.....????

ralphie

WOW - Her lawyer is GOOD!! But Seriously---She needed to get more serious jailtime than this. At least more than 10 days of community service.

The only positive in this is the first time she screws up - no lawyer will be able to get her out of trouble. Hopefully understanding this...she will take her rehab more seriously.

Good luck Lindsay - I wish you well. Just remember - all of your money won't bring someone back to life if you kill someone in your recovery process - and it doesn't make overcoming a drug addiction any easier.

Dr. M

WHY IS EVERY1 SO MAD ?

THIS IS A JUST SENTENCE !!!

WE HAVE A VERY GOOD DA -

HE WOULD NOT OVER-CHARGE LINDSAY - AND NOW - UR ALL PISSED-OFF

TIME WILL TELL WITH LINDSAY -

I STILL BELIEVE IN HER -

# 87 - I THOUGHT THAT SKIT WAS FUNNY

Shalom Aleichem Lindsay
Nosce Te Ipsum

Dr. M
MM

Ricardo

"...I thank God I didn't injure others." Hmmm...I seem to remember a man who's foot she ran over during her "out of control" period who is now suing her. What's One or Four days in jail? Now she HAS to be in rehab and can't associate with her druggie friends. Let's say this is the Last...Ultimate time we have to read about this self-entitled train wreck of a woman.

jenjenwhatwhat

how freaking great is it to be rich. break the law all you want and you will not be called a felon. you will be called a person in need of medical attention. I wish LIndsay was fromj the hood. bitch would get a dose of reality. I am addicted to drugs and alcohol. no kidding! stevie wonder knew that. the coke in her pocket was not hers, of course not judge, it belonged to her sister ali.or her skanky momma. wow. i am shocked as hell. in the real world, they throw the book at you. bitch need to kill someone so she can actually pay, and she will if she does not curb her appetite for drugs and alcohol. which she wont. lucky lucky skank whore.

L.A. Douchenozzle, Esq.

Written by her lawyer. I hope she goes back on the pipe and kills somebody with her car. You can take the trash out of the trailer,..........

Phoenix Guy

Lindsay, I still remember your words when you were arrested. You blamed the "black guy". You said to your passengers when they asked you to stop "I'll never get in trouble, I'm a celebrity." It's going to take way more than your single statement. You need to change your attitude, stop partying and stop blaming other people than yourself for your antics. You should also disown your mother Dina and fire your publicist. They both have gotten you in more trouble.