Nick Hogan

In Serious Car Accident

8/26/2007 10:22 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0827_hogan_fm_bn-1UPDATE: Nick Hogan is reportedly in serious condition, but the passenger in the car sustained more severe injuries. He is listed in critical condition.

Hulk Hogan's son, Nick, was seriously injured in a car accident tonight in Clearwater, Fla.

Law enforcement tells TMZ the accident occurred around 7:31 PM ET. According to police, a Toyota Supra, driven by Nick Bollea (Hogan's real name), was traveling at a very high rate of speed when it lost control and hit a raised median. The car was flipped around and the back end hit a palm tree. The impact, we're told, "destroyed the entire car." The two male occupants were flown by Medivac helicopter from the accident scene to a hospital in St. Petersburg. We're told both men had "very very serious" injuries.

The accident happened on Court Street, a main drag in downtown Clearwater, causing the entire street to be shut down for hours.

No 911 call was made to police. The accident was called in by an officer who rolled up right after the crash happened.

Charlotte

Thr front of the car looks undamaged. he must have hit is sideways. I wish we could hear an update.

Chris

My thoughts and prayers are with the entire Hogan famly. I hope everyone turns out to be ok.

baltimore_girl

My prayers are with both families.

I am literally stunned that so many people can be be so insensitive and cruel during someones tragedy. You can always expect to find a few wackos, but this is just sick!

Well this is what I have to say to all of you...I hope that, if and when you find yourself in a personal crisis, that you are only surrounded by love and empathy.

M. Johns

To the Nick Hogan, his passenger, the Hogan family, the family of the passenger~

Words right now may not seem entirely important. I just want to give you all my deepest sympathy. I am praying for the recovery of your family members. I can only say that I wish to you with my heart of hearts, a safe journey and the deepest respect. A very dear friend of mine was recently injured in an accident. He was on his way to work when he was hit on his left side by a car. Unfortunately, he was riding his motorcycle and was serious injured. They had to remove his left leg completely. I don't want anyone to dwell on the sadness of this but yet rejoice that he managed to still be with us. I hope and pray for the safe arrival of these young lives back to their families and friends. My God be with you and yours. I hope that the injuries are able to heal with the love and support from the families that they have. Please know that you are all thought of and cared for even though we may never meet. You are all special. Be safe and stay true to who you are and what you believe.

Meggibear

Jeremiah Johnson

I work across the street from the shop that built the Supra he was driving, "Ride Revolution". That car had over 700 HP it is definately not a toy. The guy knows how to drive those high powered RWD cars so I don't understand what happened. Best Wishes to the Bollea Family may God guide you and yours through this horrible event. God Bless,

Jeremiah Johnson - Johnson City, TN

Me

People.com has a hospital source saying that Nick has "very serious, life-threatening" injuries.

Praying for both of these young men.

Boo Hoo

Hulk should get his priorities straight. I just saw a video clip where after the two passangers were taken to the hospital. Hulk went to the scene of the accident to try and figure out what went wrong. His son is injured and the other passanger is holding on to life by a thread, I think Hulk should be at the hospital.

AJ

According to People Magazine. update.
Police alerted Hulk Hogan to the accident. According to a hospital source, the wrestler and his family are in a private waiting room as Bollea is being treated for "very serious, life-threatening" injuries. Hogan declined to address the media through a hospital spokesperson on Sunday evening, but plans to make a statement on Monday morning

susie

My 19 yr old nephew recently barely survived a critical, critical, very seroius head trauma and spinal injuries. He was in a car accident also...Thank God all of our prayers were answered and he's back home...after months in hospital, then rehab. My prayers are with Nick, his parent and his sister. He's going to need lots of love and time with loved ones!

ivana jerchough

Perez got a picture of the wreck !!!

The Princess

13. What the hell is wrong with you people?!
My boss and her husband just died 3 days ago from a fluke car accident that left them dead to the point where they are unrecognizable,

Posted at 9:42PM on Aug 26th 2007 by DUMB POSTERS

hehehehe don't mean to laugh DUMB POSTERS but I wasn't aware that there was degrees of dead.....

rob0922

As a parent as well as a long time Hulkster fan, my thoughts & prayers are with Terry, Linda & Brooke during their time of need. My son is a little older than Nick & I have been through motor vehicle accidents with him. Nicky has youth on his side & with Gods help, he'll heal quickly and completely. I've been told that it doesn't get easier the older our kids get. Hang tough brother. God bless all of you.

JL

prayers go out to nick and the entire hogan family. at the end of the day, he is still a son and brother, and his mom and dad and are probably going through one of the biggest emotional moments of their lives, so god bless to all

Terry

# 94 You do not have the facts and are getting them piece meal!
What is the speed limit on that street??? how fast was Nick moving to total the car? It's not the dam alligators fault! That's like saying it was the black kids fault!
if your going the speed limit you would see it well before you lost control. We will see if there even was an alligator or if Nick just wants to see one. All of the facts are on the police officers report, He showed up on scene. We wont get them all for a few days.

Charlotte

Was he doing 100 in reverse? There isn't a scratch on the front of the car but the rest is toast.