Who's Behind the Britney Investigation? -- Plot Thickens

8/27/2007 7:06 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Sources tell TMZ the L.A. County Department of Children and Family Services "abuse investigation" into Britney Spears does not involve physical mistreatment of her children.

Sources say the complaint lodged with DCFS involves allegations of poor dental hygiene, as well as poor eating and sleeping habits for her kids. Curiously, although DCFS keeps these allegations secret, they ended up in legal papers filed today by K-Fed's attorney, Mark Vincent Kaplan, suggesting it might have been Fed-Ex himself who lodged the complaint.

And get this: DCFS is all too familiar with the family. We've learned that another anonymous complaint was filed with DCFS on July 2, but it went nowhere.

Sources say DCFS has put both Britney and K-Fed under the microscope in the past. In February, 2006, DCFS famously investigated Britney after the notorious car seat incident with Sean Preston. Ditto April, 2006 (while Brit and K-Fed were still together), after Sean Preston fell out of a high chair -- another DCFS investigation came and went.

Marissa G

I really don't like Britney. In fact, I detest her. However, I think she really is in a bad state right now and needs help. I do not think in any way that Kevin is a better candidate to care for these kids. Does no one remember when she first had Sean and he was just loafing around, doing drugs and flying to Vegas? She may be a screwball and I definitely wouldn't vote her as mother of the year, but where the hell has he been? I'm sure he still does drugs. He is also so involved in getting his lame career off the ground that I don't even think he'll be around for them. And when the hell is he even with his other kids? Does he even remember them?
I think he's fighting extra had for the kids because he wants Britney to support his lifestyle. She can't possibly be bad enough to have those kids taken away. I hope he loses everything. What baffles me is how Britney isn't fighting back and how she's not having his side subpeoned. She needs to make peace with her good for nothing mother so that she can at least fight for her. I hate Britney, but I hate fed- ex more.

Dale

Its one thing for the legal authorities to let these celebs off with crashing their cars and spending a couple of hours in jail for DUI; is it going to take a dead child before they stop giving these people more chances and start applying the law.

jed

gross. raising children on m&m's, sunkist orange and RAGE is unhealthy.

Ms. Giant1

Leave Brit alone, is it all of a sudden that the kids have bad teeth, DCFS need to look and see how long their teeth have been "bad" K-Fed get a life just spend the money and leave Brit alone... you're the reason she's the way she is....

I love you Brit, I actually put you and your boys in my prayers...

Debbie/grandmother

Those babies are all that matter...and having love and stability in their lives. These children are helpless and vulnerable babies. They are totally dependent on those around them to care for them and deserve the BEST in what life has to offer--safety and love more than anything else. Bottom line. We need to see what the courts decide. They have all the information to make the decision as to what is in the best interest of the boys. Please just do this soon. Debbie grandmother and CASA in Colorado

Charlotte

So Kevin can have the boys half the week and neglect their teeth and blame it on Britney? Look at the girl's teeth. They are gorgeous, she is not going to ignore her sons teeth. This seems like a set up.

C

ENOUGH ALREADY! Poor dental hygiene??? Sleep times??? Is there a handbook for this? If so I never got mine. John Travolta stays up all night with his kids.....quick go get them. Let's have the candy police come see how much they eat too! Danger, danger Will Rogers! K-Fed is a jerk!

Harry

Hey why can't we get along

Trina

Hello? - WHY DO YOU THINK SHE'S TRYING TO WHITEN THEM???

Bird

Where do I go to apply for the job as Brit's nanny? I'll nip all those problems in the bud immediately. This is ridiculous. Does she not have a live in nanny? The children should not have to suffer because she is a chronic party-goer.

know it all

You know, if Kevin was the mother, who had married a rich pop star and had two kids.... then split and wanted full custody with no job, it wouldn't be an issue.
Why the double standard people ??? Why does this have to be about the money ?? Why can't a father just happen to be the better parent ?? And if a mother can stay at home with her kids, and live off alimony and child support, than why can't a father ?!?
I say he has every right to have full custody of his children.
And, it's not up to us anyway.

TMZ YOU ARE IDIOTS

Britney is NOT the only person responsible for these children. They have 2 parents and either parent is capable of brushing their teeth etc.

Bottom line in all of this is that TMZ keeps feeding the public all this crap about Britney and nothing about Kevin. I just don't see where she is a bad mother, TMZ takes what she does and turns it around to suit their needs for readers.

I'm sure that DPS is aware that Kevin and/or his attorney are the ones behind the allegations.

Message to TMZ - leave them all alone. You are just as responsible for hurting these kids with all the lies you print.

LasVegasVic

Kevin needs to be drug tested along with his UNPAID bodyguard - Big Mike .
Both are MAJOR stoners and alcoholics .
The truth will come out ...

Ted

Since when is not taking care of their teeth and keping them up all hours not physical abuse?

kt

KFED IS A LOSER AND NEEDS TO GET A LIFE. Like he was a good father to his first children!!!

He's a money ho and nothing else.