Angelina: Iraq and Roll

8/28/2007 5:35 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Globe-trotting, tattooed do-gooder, Angelina Jolie, swapped the tony Hamptons to visit war torn Iraq. The United Nations Refugee Agency Goodwill Ambassador is in Iraq visiting refugees displaced by the war, and will also visit US troops.
Jolie with the Troops
As reported by People, Jolie arrived in Iraq on Tuesday after visiting Syria on Monday. TMZ contacted the United Nations, who told us that Jolie was traveling sans entourage on her humanitarian mission.

The photo, from OK! Magazine, was sent in by the mother of a US Marine from Denver. It was taken today in Iraq.

The UN was responsible for travel arrangements, and said they wouldn't comment on security measures taken to protect Jolie. Travel arrangements for special ambassadors typically take two weeks to prepare, but in the case of Ange, the agency needed a whole month. Jolie will return to Damascus this evening, then back to Brad and their precious brood.

Shante

Maybe because your arguments DEEDEE are immature, try thinking outside of the box.

Corey Haim is HOT

let's see,,hmmmmmm thinking outside the box ,,
oh that would be realizing a woman that cannot care for her kids and husband and do back to back to back failed movies is a loser! and her creepy fans are just as creepy as her!
you fans must be in to frenching with your brothers,,
ewwww
if thinking outside the box involves kissing brothers and hating my dad,,
no thanks!!
you go ahead and be the sicko's you are,, I'm fine being a normal person and not french kissing my brother!
heheheehehehehe
jolie fans are a waste of space!!

God will help you if you let him. John 3: 16

Why can't Angelina and Brad just give money to help people? They could give the money they spent to travel around, would be a good start. This would do more good than Brad tring to build a green home or her going to other countries. Their kids sure need a home. She needs to eat, see a doctor, and rest. Kids need a home in the same place. I don't see this as being good parents, do you? See lied about taking a year off to be a Mom. Sorry, you will need more than a year, this is a life job. My kids still need me now. But they know where to find me, at home. There is no way I would want to be her. She looks sick and unhappy. I like to travel, a week or two at a time, once or twice a year.But I love my home, and my family.

Dottie654

Some of you not only need to learn to read but also to comprehend what you are reading.
Angie is in Syria and Iraq "visiting refugees displaced by the war, and will also visit US troops." What is so difficult about understanding that? No baby "buying" and no self-promotion. Simply checking in with those fighting for our freedom and those suffering from the disaster the US has created in their countries. I don't know it for a fact, but I could almost guarantee that she does not support the war - like most of the rest of us.

Second, your ignorance is astonishing (some of you). How is Angie a "homewrecker"? A home cannot be wrecked if its foundation is strong and both parties are committed and agree on the important issues. (1) Brad wanted biological children and Miss You Need to Get a New Hairstyle, Please!!! did not. (2) It takes 2 to tango. Brad knew he was a married man. Why aren't the nasty comments being directed toward him (not that I feel he deserves them.......but neither does Angie)? Clearly things were not ok in that marriage.

Angie has done some strange things in her life, altho I have never seen a picture that is clear enough to confirm she "french kissed" her brother. And SO WHAT about the vial of blood? It is no big deal. Just b/c you wouldn't do it or disagree with it or find it gross does not indicate that it did harm to anyone.

And she has done some great movies and some stinkers, on that we all can agree. SO WHAT??? Have you seen Gia? It was outstanding. And Girl Interrupted. Outstanding. And I personally thought Mr. & Mrs. Smith was hysterical.

Finally, why are you so quick to judge her and her choice to adopt internationally? Are you just as quick to judge everyone else who adopts from foreign countries? If so, put my name at the head of your list, as I adopted an 8 week old baby girl from Calcutta, India, 22 years ago this October. And, had I been younger and had more financial resources I would have adopted more and ALL international.

Have you ever heard the quote (which I am paraphrasing) which says orphans in the US can eat garbage if need be. In (insert name of country), they don't have garbage. Or have you heard that every 14 seconds a child in Africa is orphaned by AIDS? Angie is doing a wonderful thing. She is saving lives AND pouring lots and lots of money into the countries she is adopting from to, hopefully, make the lives of those left behind a little easier.

Don't be so judgmental.

God will help you if you let him. John 3: 16

## 168 She doesn't have to give up her career, if you can call it that. But she needs to stay closer to home, for her kids sack.

Natasha

now I get it, those my my my hatred comments about her private life wonder if the brad ex dont pay people to trash angie reputation, bitterness is ugly, get help.

Dottie654

DeeDee...........you appear to be the sick, narrow-minded, uneducated, lowlife on these posts. I happen to be a HUGE fan of Angie's and all she has done for the good of the world. So.............................f*** off and keep your screwed up opinions to yourself at least until you can share with us with pride all the good YOU have done for the world.

Natasha

with all the energy she spends with her kids, husband, humanitarian missions, wonder how could u put on weight, but in this picture, without make up, without any artificial hair, she is gorgeous, call me crazy, if im crazy UR EMPTY, FLAT BRAINS.

patty

Great one whomever..I liked she will be bringing newly adoped children. 2 Kurds, 3 Shia and 2 Suni's..

Liked the name "homewrecker." Good one..Press has neglected to remember that BILLY BOB THORNTON was engaged to the lovely LORNA DURNE. (daughter of Bruce) But when he met up with Angie, I believe on a movie set, guess what happened?? Yup...he ran off and married Angelina.. just another case of "mad crotch" disease.

I'm Back Biatches

Tell that bitch to eat a burger! Where did the sexy go? She looks like a concentration camp refugee.

Terry

I am glad she went even if you don't like her the troops got a kick out of her visiting them and that's all that matters really. They feel forgotton over there, Thanks Angie

Erica

Dottie ... bulls Eye, your right on target.
Forget About Dee Dee .... It (He/she) is getting off just hoping it flustered someone. Who Cares its(he/she) Too stupid to even bother with.
TMZ is filled with nut jobs, they have a right to their opinions too.

Erica

Who cares for what reason Angie does anything, we don't know her. Whatever the case, if she made even one soldier happy for going to Iraq than Kudos to her.
Also with the schedule she has been keeping, no wonder she looks like a skeleton. The jet lag alone would knock me out.

I'm Back Biatches

Erica, your fat ass could never look like a skeleton and by the way sweetie, jet lag does not make you anorexic just grumpy...

flyinskyler

Damn it people, why can no one accept that maybe Angelina has the best intentions when she is doing her humanitarian work. Maybe she actually feels like she wants to make a difference and make the world a better place. I have always liked her personally, even in her screwed up days. I thought she was a great actress and i still think that today. I do worry about how thin she has gotten but I am sure that there is a medical doctor involved in diagnosing and treating and physical and mental disorders she may have.
As for doing this trip for PR, that is the craziest thing i have heard in my life. She gets enough PR that she could not go to a public restroom stall without someone reporting if she did #1 or #2 and washed her hands afterwards. She doesnt need it is my point...so why go to a war torn country unless she is really sincere.
As for homewrecker, no one knows what actually happened in that marriage but the people involved. It is not our jobs to judge or come to conclusions that might be far from the truth....let the woman have some peace!
Whatever her motives be from a bad childhood, a mental obsession, or whatever, as long as she is doing good for the community and the world, i am not going to bash or judge her--only congratulate her on a job well done. Take a hint..huh?