Angelina: Iraq and Roll

8/28/2007 5:35 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Globe-trotting, tattooed do-gooder, Angelina Jolie, swapped the tony Hamptons to visit war torn Iraq. The United Nations Refugee Agency Goodwill Ambassador is in Iraq visiting refugees displaced by the war, and will also visit US troops.
Jolie with the Troops
As reported by People, Jolie arrived in Iraq on Tuesday after visiting Syria on Monday. TMZ contacted the United Nations, who told us that Jolie was traveling sans entourage on her humanitarian mission.

The photo, from OK! Magazine, was sent in by the mother of a US Marine from Denver. It was taken today in Iraq.

The UN was responsible for travel arrangements, and said they wouldn't comment on security measures taken to protect Jolie. Travel arrangements for special ambassadors typically take two weeks to prepare, but in the case of Ange, the agency needed a whole month. Jolie will return to Damascus this evening, then back to Brad and their precious brood.

haters-hater

funny that most of the bs comments are coming from chicks. can you say haaaaaaaters. and whats with the fake DR.d cig. in her had?

SayWhat

Some facts about the birthing African country of choice for Pitt-Jolie for #29 (where they stayed in luxury and they had the press controlled (and thrown out) by the government:

Namibia

Life expectancy at birth:
total population: 43.11 years
male: 44.39 years
female: 41.79 years (2007 est.)

Major infectious diseases:
degree of risk: high
food or waterborne diseases: bacterial diarrhea, hepatitis A, and typhoid fever
vectorborne disease: malaria
water contact disease: schistosomiasis (2007)

Population:
2,055,080
note: estimates for this country explicitly take into account the effects of excess mortality due to AIDS; this can result in lower life expectancy, higher infant mortality and death rates, lower population and growth rates, and changes in the distribution of population by age and sex than would otherwise be expected (July 2007 est.)

Natural hazards:
prolonged periods of drought
Environment - current issues:
very limited natural fresh water resources; desertification; wildlife poaching; land degradation has led to few conservation areas

Population below poverty line:
the UNDP's 2005 Human Development Report indicated that 34.9% of the population live on $1 per day and 55.8% live on $2 per day

Oh Canada

Why do people keep saying Maddox should be in school? It's still effing summer you miserable morons.
When the children attended "school/daycare" in Prague, there was an uproar for the "poor children" stuck in school when they should be out playing. Now you same rejects are making the same argument, but now it's the other side of the coin.

Admit it, you're all jealous. It doesn't matter what AJ & Brad do, you'll always hate her for openning his eyes to a happier more genuine way of life. You'd all prefer he remained in the Hollywood bubble, doing the Hollywood thing as if he had nothing more to offer the world except good Abs.

If Angelina Jolie is a "skank", then the world needs more "skanks" like her.

anonymous

Goodwill Ambassador is just a vanity title given by the U.N....it's a "feel good" thing. That saying, maybe after being in Iraq, she should go on over to Iran and hang out with that lunatic dictator awhile...then she can head on over to Venezuela and hang out with Dictator Chavez...maybe she can stay over there...that would be nice.

give me a break,,

jealous of her? haha
I would never take other women's husbands,,, I have one,, he is mine,, all mine,, love him dearly,,
jealous of her adoption-ness ??
umm NO,,
i have biological children and adopted children of my own,,
of her money??
UMM no,,
I have plenty of that too!!
of her looks??
oh hell no,,
she has tatoo's all over her body,, that is so gross,, and I am very happy with how I look!
jealous of her crappy career ??
OHH NO!!
I'm a mother,, who has taken care of her kids from the moment they were born!! no nannies,, no daycare,, just me!! I raise my own kids,, they have a stable home life and are very happy and talented,,
oh and I love my parents!! and I would never french kiss my brother!!
jealous of her incest with her brother??
gross,,
I find her a pathetic excuse for a person,, crappy mom,,
sleezzie man-stealing HO
so,, if you think all women are jealous of her?? you are so wrong,,
is she a skank i would not want to use the same toilet as??
umm YEAH!!

M-

Did not need Angelina Jolie to bring light to the situation of refugees in Iraq. Hundres are fleeing to the border everyday as reported by various news agencies. The goverments know they exist-it's a question about wether of not they care...Sunnis, Shia, Kurds do not get along for religious reasons, which ever dominates the country are not going to care about the others...i.e. the Sunni will not care if there are Shia or Kurdish refugees and so on....

Gabi

What, no time to visit our troops over there. Yeah you're right...she's a real hero. One day in Iraq and she's "amazing"?? GIVE ME A BREAK!

celebuspawn

What a breath of fresh air from "Paris Hilton in Vegas to celebrate the launch of her clothing line in which she did not lift one finger" .

baby girl

#27 ANONYMOUS- I guess you're just as sad and pathetic as everyone else since you're commenting too. You know this site so if you don't like it just go away. You won't be missed. Read a book or something. Ass.

william giiligan

She looks like a refugee

Star

MORE PEOPLE SHOULD BE LIKE HER!

lulusez

When The Angel(ina) visits Detroit, I will be duly impressed, assclowns.

Rosie the chauvinist

I see nothing good coming from her "humanitarian trips" other than getting her name in the paper again. So what? I don't need her to tell me about conditions in countries. I'm aware of those conditions and of the reasons behind them. She is not.

sheez

Whether she is doing it for publicity or not our troops really appreciate it, I think it's nice of her to take time to visit.

Star

We need to take lesson from her.