Angelina: Iraq and Roll

8/28/2007 5:35 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Globe-trotting, tattooed do-gooder, Angelina Jolie, swapped the tony Hamptons to visit war torn Iraq. The United Nations Refugee Agency Goodwill Ambassador is in Iraq visiting refugees displaced by the war, and will also visit US troops.
Jolie with the Troops
As reported by People, Jolie arrived in Iraq on Tuesday after visiting Syria on Monday. TMZ contacted the United Nations, who told us that Jolie was traveling sans entourage on her humanitarian mission.

The photo, from OK! Magazine, was sent in by the mother of a US Marine from Denver. It was taken today in Iraq.

The UN was responsible for travel arrangements, and said they wouldn't comment on security measures taken to protect Jolie. Travel arrangements for special ambassadors typically take two weeks to prepare, but in the case of Ange, the agency needed a whole month. Jolie will return to Damascus this evening, then back to Brad and their precious brood.

megn

Angelina is a lovely woman with a lovely family. She walks the walk. To the dope, saywhat, with the long post on Namibia, and didn't the Jolie-Pitt's donate hundreds of thousands of dollars to a new clinic in Namibia after the birth of Shiloh? And didn't the Namibian President thank them profusely for putting his country on the 'map', bringing in new tourists and new tourist dollars to bolster their economy? And jenzz, you are just a freak and am sure you are full of hatred spew. You are so ugly on the inside and you expect us to believe you have this wonderful life? umm, yeah.

castra regina

Flash Brad....She's doing the 1st Armoured Division (the girls only)

Ladybug

Let's see a bunch of bad press here and criticisms so she goes off to Iraq to try to a bit harder to get everyone to see how much of a Mother Teresa she is. I would bet this is very self serving even if it does take guts to go there. I am sure she is well protected and distracting to military personnel.

anon

TMZ, do I sense a little passive aggressive undertone in your message? It doesn't matter why Angie went--for PR, to alleviate guilt (although I have no idea why she should be guilty), or to actually shed light on a plight of millions of Iraqis who became countryless thanks to our invasion--Angie, by going there, brings publicity to the forgottens, Iraqi refugees. It's easy sitting in front of our computer critizing her, especially for her misdeeds in teenage and early 20's years. But, the fact is, Angie has been a dedicated ambassador to UNHR for SIX years now (ever since she was 26, that's very young folks!). I command her for choosing life less traveled by the rich and famous. It will be easy just using fame and fortune for self-gratification. But, Angie has chosen to give 1/3 of her income as well as her time and effort to helping others. I really respect her for this.

my, my, what truth dacoits you are

What possible reason could Ms.UN special ambassador have for visiting Syria, a country on the State Dept. list of terrorist sponsoring states? And in Iraq to visit refugees? And as an afterthought spend a little time with American military? Ain't that just wonderful. I am so impressed.

Star

ANGELINA JOLIE FOR PRESIDENT.

Barbedahl

the girl has issues let bin laden keep her!

yram

There is not one picture out there that has not been orchestrated by her and he PR team. She was supposed to take time off after adopting a child from another country and then, changing his name at the age of 3. I wouldn't change the name of a dog I adopted after he was already named. What made her think she could pick out a child, take him out of his country, change his first name and tell him this is what is good for him. Having a son in Iraq and a schoolmate of his that was recently killed in the war, I can tell you no soldier wants to see her do anything other look like a sex symbol. They have absolutely no respect for her. After all, she has to go outside of the country to adopt, outside of the country to have a baby and has many times stated she wants to live outside of the USA. The soldiers that are over there fighting for our freedom, do not wish to see her. The ones in the paper that we will see will again be orchestrated. Please, don't disrespect the boys who are over there fighting and those who have died by saying you are going over there to help. Join the Army, go through boot camp, and then endure years of the government telling you when you will go where and for how long. The soldiers that are being assigned to guard you have been trained to protect USA, not one selfish celebrity.

baby girl

Her father probably wishes he used protection. She's an awful disease.

Hop Off

Angelina was well on her way to 30 when she was devoting her time to wrecking relationships. Not to mention she's still a cokehead. You can't turn a ho into housewife. people say Britney is a badm other? Does this woman even know her kid's name? She's always taking off, putting on her captain save a ho hat. Bitch, sit down and eat a meal.

give me a break,,

#45
Do you honestly think that you have to be a globetrotting bad movie actor to have a wonderful life??
you are so mistaken,,
you know there are many people that are totally happy with their life@!
I would not change my life for anything,, I adore my life!! I'm happy ,, I have the best kids a mother could ask for!! very happy,, content kids,,
I'm a roommother a scout leader,, a homework helper at my kids schools,, I give my time to the needy and money to the homeless,, I personally drive my kids to all their performances,,
I did mention I have very talented children,, they are musicians,, oh and they are smart too!!
never been in trouble a day in their life,,
oh just like me!!
spotless record,,, no speeding tickets,,
my hobbies include baking and sewing,, and canning !
I'm a mom,, a housewife,, homemaker!!
but most of all,, spending time with my children,,
so yeah,,
it doesn't take being a moviestar to be a great mom,, and a very happy person
you must be such an unhappy person that you cannot understand that normal everyday people are happy with their lives! and happy with their husbands !! and happy with their kids!!
you poor poor soul,,
get over yourself!
jennzz is happy!!

Star

As a fan, she makes me proud of her.

my, my, what truth dacoits you are

Correct me if I'm wrong but weren't millions of Iraqis lying in mass graves, gassed and rotting on northern hills, imprisoned by the tens of thousands, cowering all over the countryside with hands, fingers, feet and toes cut off, standing against walls in soccer stadiums just before being executed by firing squads, before U.S. Armed Forces landed and liberated the nation?

v

Is it just me..or is she not aging very well?

v

56. #45
you are so mistaken,,
you know there are many people that are totally happy with their life@!
never been in trouble a day in their life,,
oh just like me!!
spotless record,,, no speeding tickets,,
my hobbies include baking and sewing,, and canning !
I'm a mom,, a housewife,, homemaker!!
but most of all,, spending time with my children,,
so yeah,,
it doesn't take being a moviestar to be a great mom,, and a very happy person
you poor poor soul,,
get over yourself!
jennzz is happy!!

Posted at 3:49PM on Aug 28th 2007 by jennzz

Are you on a manic high today jennzz?...You're scaring us