Angelina: Iraq and Roll

8/28/2007 5:35 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Globe-trotting, tattooed do-gooder, Angelina Jolie, swapped the tony Hamptons to visit war torn Iraq. The United Nations Refugee Agency Goodwill Ambassador is in Iraq visiting refugees displaced by the war, and will also visit US troops.
Jolie with the Troops
As reported by People, Jolie arrived in Iraq on Tuesday after visiting Syria on Monday. TMZ contacted the United Nations, who told us that Jolie was traveling sans entourage on her humanitarian mission.

The photo, from OK! Magazine, was sent in by the mother of a US Marine from Denver. It was taken today in Iraq.

The UN was responsible for travel arrangements, and said they wouldn't comment on security measures taken to protect Jolie. Travel arrangements for special ambassadors typically take two weeks to prepare, but in the case of Ange, the agency needed a whole month. Jolie will return to Damascus this evening, then back to Brad and their precious brood.

Corey Haim is HOT

i'm a gay ice buttplug

vicki

jennzz, get a grip girl with all the butt plug stuff.

Corey Haim is HOT

I agree with tiny that you can change the picture every 5 minutes but she is still ugly
oh and i'm so gay and i'm still a gay buttplug made of icecubes

anon

I understand now why women do not rule the world. Some of us are just pathetic! "Go home and take care of your kids!" If Brad went to Iraq to publicize refugee crisis, would you say the same thing? It's not 1950s. I am sure Angie is getting same protection as the politicians who visit Iraq.

I have never read so much hatred coming from us ladies! Angie has been goodwill ambassador for 6 years now. Her family is constantly harassed by paparazzi. She doesn't need more publicity, folks! She said, if paparazzi and the media are going to hound me, she may as well use it for good purpose. She knows she cannot resolve Iraq crisis. She is attempting to publicize iraqi refugees' sufferings. And it worked. All the media outlets are reporting it. I am sure ordinary folks will send money and time because of her trip.

Belittling her accomplishments do not make you a better person.

you are kidding me

Does the UN not have better things to spend our money on than protecting Angelina! We are wasting so much time, money, and energy following her around, protecting her, and reporting on her and her clan. Can she just not be the mom she promised to be to those beautiful children.

L.S

I bet she DID every guy & girl their....

Movie Ticket Buyer

What a biotch! She is mother to FOUR babies, and made a "promis" to Pax to stay home for a year to help him adjust to the new family and new country...yea, more Angelina LIES. So if she gets her skinny azz killed there, i suppose the FIVE nannies will be mother to the kids....good move "mom" - don't give a single thought to your family responsibilities...just go for the publicity and feed your narcissistic ego... I guess it's true, she's a collector of small humans, but wants to keep her freedom to do as she dam well pleases...after all it's obvious, she only loves herself and her brother...comere James, give sissy a big , sloppy kissssssss

Kiwichild

How many of you out there would have the guts and strength to do what she does? She has been doing it since 2001, unlike a lot of the so called stars of Hollywood, at lest she actually gets off her butt and does something good for this world or are some of you to narrow minded and red necked to see it. She covers all of her expenses when she goes on mission with UNHCR, as well as costs relating to her World Refugee Day activities and other refugee advocacy projects. These contributions now total well over $3 million.
So I suggest that some of you get of your jealous and judgmental seats and be happy that there are still some good people left in this world.
God Bless you Angelina Jolie keep it up.
Patrick

lulusez

In this picture, she looks just like Julia Roberts did, right before she got fug.

jane

She looks radiant. This is the best she has looked in a long time.

Humanitarian work agrees with her. I have never seen her look so relaxed.

Star

HOW MANY CELEBRITY COME OUT WITHOUT MAKE UP?

ANGIE - YOU 'RE SO BEAUTIFUL INSIDE AND OUT. I LOVE YOU.

observer

#104, I can see my comments went completely over your head. I didn't in any manner whatsoever even remotely refer to our U.S. troops in Iraq. Maybe you should re-read what I said. It's obvious you don't have any knowledge of world politics, or the U.N. for that matter. Do you even know what the U.N. stands for? It is not an American organization simply because its headquarters are locatedin N.Y. Maybe you should read up on world politics and the U.N., which, by the way, stands for United Nations.

I could discuss the U.N. at length, but it would be wasted on you.

Do know the difference in Iraq and Iran? Dumbass.

dw

who gives a crap what she's doing....she's trying to be somebody, and she ain't...most people/celebs that go to iraq don't want or need publicity for it.

observer

#106, I don't know what c.p. means. Since you apparently know what it means, does that indicate you're whatever it is? You don't have to reply. I probably won't be here anyway.

Star

Tthe world really needs more people like Angie. She's everything a person needs beauty, talented, and good hearts.