Kobe's $21,000 Bubbly Bill

9/3/2007 5:09 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Kobe BryantKobe Bryant is known for being a tough competitor -- but in the club?!

Basketballin' Bryant and his wife, Vanessa, were at Friday night's grand opening of BLUSH Boutique Nightclub at the Wynn in Las Vegas, when he saw poker player Antonio "The Magician" Esfandiari kick in for two bottles of $1,400 Cristal champagne. According to sources inside the club, Kobe wasn't about to be shown up by some puny little card player -- and kicked in for five bottles. Antonio, who's used to upping the ante, then switched his order to ten! Go big or go home!

Kobe ended the competition when he purchased an astounding 15 bottles -- and then left the club! Just to put Bryant's baller status into perspective -- Kobe's $21,000 bill still doesn't cover what NBA and gambling legend Charles Barkley drops on one hand of blackjack!

LRT

What a waste! Why not help people that are trying so hard to make it . Shame on you!

Lakers fan

#24. GIVE ME A GOOD REASON TO SEND YOU AN APPLICATION TOO. I RATHER LOvE A MAN UNLIKE YOURSELF WHO MIGHT NOT LIKE MEN AT ALL. IT SEEMS TO ME THAT YOU ARE A MAN HATER I GUESS YOU CANNOT FIND ONE SO YOU DECIDE TO SEND YOUR STUPID COMMENTS THAT DO NOT MAKE SENSE AT ALL. IF I AM GETTING PAID I WILL MAKE SURE HE WILL SEND SOME MONEY TO YOU. I GUESS HE WILL MAKE AN EXCEPTION FOR THIS TYPE OF CHARITY CASE!!

LL

Well for one its his money- I am sure you would not want some one telling you how to spend your cash. The fact is Kobe does give money and time to different charaties- just because it does not make the front pages doesnt mean a thing. As for Him going to prison if BB was not "invented"- I take it you dont know much about his family background. LOL Kobe's parents are far from being "poor"- he is not from what people consider to be the "hood".

stupidpeople

------I wonder ? What would this Slug be doing , if the ball had never been invented ???

Posted at 6:29PM on Sep 3rd 2007 by Sebastian

LOL..I wonder.. what would you be doing if you had a life ? What a dumb comment . What would people be doing if the car had never been invented ? What would people be doing if the television has never been invented .

Seems like another uneducated comment from some small town person who's broke.

He's just another Idiot

This is why people think that professional athletes are dumb as rocks - rich, maybe, but still dumb as rocks. Wonder if he gives any money to charities?

J all the way

You're hating on Kobe but have you stop to think about the billions that our government is wasting each and everyday as our United States Military are in fighting a war that they probably won't win. Use this time and energy to hate on something important like bringing our soldiers home. Get involved in something that matters.

GOOSE.T

GO KOBE YOU ARE THE MAN,PERIOD.

just me

Everyone in the joint must have been thinking what a dope he is.

Derek Williams

I could live on $21,000 for one year and this man dropped that on some champagne that he didn't even stay and enjoy with his guest?! It's news items like this that make me re-think my relationship to money. I have to get out of my head that money is a limited comodity because it isn't I just need to find out how to access it!

I_AND_I

Kobe donates a lot. In 2006 he launched "VIVO Foundation, a charitable initiative dedicated to enhancing the lives of young people and making dreams come true through educational and cultural enrichment opportunities and financial support". Everyone who knows something about him would admit that clubbing and drinking is not really his thing. So $21000 on drinks that he did not drink is not a big deal for someone who makes more than $21000000 a year, come on! Maybe you should trying pushing a legislation that limits the number of bubblies per patron in Vegas...When you make that kind of money, you can't live like the majority of us...You must spend it somehow, this time this is how he chose to spend it. $21000 on a bubbly, millions in charities...no big deal. I know where money is wasted on useless things...

I_AND_I

Oh, if Kobe had not gone to the NBA, he would have gone to college...God, what's wrong with people?

Gawdawful

To put this in perspective, $21,000 is about 5 minutes pay for this guy. $21,000. is almost a years pay for most of us regular human beings. To Kobe $21,000. is like buying a bottle of two buck chuck to the rest of us. Still, if I had that much money I really really don't think I'd be buying my 'friends' bottles of expensive wine.

superchunk

Kobe doesn't know that he doesn't know. No sense in expecting him to understand.
no college degree here kids....stay in school and get smart...ignornat and rich is no
way to go through life. painful and embarassing to all.

Kam

Wow, some of the comments here are ridiculous. The man was having a good night with friends. He spent his own money the way he wanted to. Give him a damn break. I know the guy does a hell of a lot for charities and helping under privileged kids around the world. Unlike many other big name celebrities and athletes, he doesn't just do it while there are a ton of cameras around.

Also, for those calling him uneducated... he more than likely speaks more languages fluently than you do. Overall, he's a pretty smart guy.

Terry

Barf bubbly all over him and his weak wife.