GLAAD Accepts Jerry's Mea Culpa

9/4/2007 8:37 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Jerry LewisAfter Jerry Lewis apologized for making an anti-gay slur during his MDA Telethon on Monday, GLAAD issued the following statement to TMZ: "GLAAD thanks Jerry Lewis for his swift and direct apology for this incident. We join millions of Americans in applauding the important work of the Muscular Dystrophy Association and wish MDA and Mr. Lewis much continued success in their efforts."

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

SIck of Morons

Who the hell made these people the speech police? Long live Jerry Lewis. F- GLAAD!

Desease control

How much money has the M.d.A. raised?

How much do they pay jerry?

Have they found a Cure?

What are they doing with all that money?

How much of it realy goes to fight MS???????????????????????????????????

Oh My Gosh I BET U R FAT !

Who cares? Most of the world does not even considers gays human.I sure don't.I don't hate em but to me they are not my equal & as such do not merit equal rights.what next equal rights for pigs?

It's SILLY to give the gays equal rights...THINK ABOUT IT.Please.

JackRussellMommy

If the gays didnt know that being gay was wrong, why were they so concerned that Jerry Lewis' one little word would start a riot or create hatred? Sorry, but it was Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve. I am so tired of having gay-ism shoved down my throat and the throats of our young people. It's wrong....says so in the Bible...and I dont have to accept it if I dont want to.
End of story....

EL_CALLEJERO

Give me a break. Jerry is a comedian.
He is frickin Jerry Lewis.

socrates

Thank goodness we can all now sleep tonight...the world is once again politically correct!

SIck of Morons

Ms. Thang, you're a moron. Do some research and you'll be relieved to know where the money goes.

Desease control

I want to invite jerry Lewies to sit down with the She man Ascoation

and tell us what his views are regarding crossdressers transexuals and homosexuals.

I would want to be informed about M.S. and what are they doing curently with the money that is being raised.

Now that Jerry has offend the all mighty and powerful Gay comunity let him speak to us directly and tell us why we should continue to support MSA

A simple Im sorry wont do.

socrates

TMZ now needs to apologize to Jerry Lewis for showing a picture of him simulating oral sex on a male microphone! YOu guys are shameless!!

Tangie

Who really give a s*** about GLAAD? He doesn't need their approval.

lanette

i love Jerry Lewis even more.

JackRussellMommy

Any kind of deviant sex is gross....come on....visualize what they do and how they do it and tell me it doesnt nauseate you!
I sure wouldnt date a cross-dresser or a She-male or a gay guy....I might get sick and die! I dont see anybody doing marathons for the victims of sexually transmitted diseases! Besides, if everyone was gay there would be no babies....we, as a race, would be extinct!

Dee

I'm confused. Don't most in the public eye make "swift and direct" apologies for the transgression? Yeah, granted, Jerry Lewis is from a different era but still. I don't understand why he can get away with it, yet others have ruined careers.

killa'bro

is that a dildo in skeletor's mouth?

Raoul

I must reiterate what others are saying about GLAAD. As for what they have to say in the media... kiss my hairy yellow butt. But then again, those fetish freaks would probably like doing it.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments