Birkhead to Rita - You're Gonna Pay!

9/5/2007 9:28 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Larry Birkhead is planning to sue Rita Cosby over her salacious new book -- and he says it's going to be "one of the most expensive lawsuit settlements in book publishing history."

Birkhead told the AP that he intends to bring the hammer down on Cosby, her sources, and Grand Central Publishing over what he calls a work of "pure fiction," as he told TMZ's Harvey Levin last night on CNN's "Larry King Live." "It's totally false and defamatory," said Birkhead. "She never once tried to contact me or Howard to see if any of these things were true."

Nicole – I Was Engaged Post-Tom, Pre-Keith

Nicole Kidman reveals that she was engaged to a man after the end of her marriage to Tom Cruise -- but won't say who it was.

She tells Vanity Fair that after her breakup from the Scientoloman, "I didn't really want a relationship, "yet shortly thereafter got engaged to somebody ... but it just wasn't right." She also says that she had a miscarriage with Cruise, and claims that she was "in love" with Tom.

Kate Gets Brushoff from Owen's Peeps

Kate Hudson has been trying to get in touch with Owen Wilson in his time of need, but his family "doesn't want her anywhere near him."

Gatecrasher reports that Owen's ex has been "very frustrated" that she's getting the cold shoulder from the Wilson camp, but an insider says that the Wilsons "don't think Kate is good for him." The pair got together during the filming of "You, Me, and Dupree," but the relationship took a dive earlier this year.

Party Favors: Spice Girls Get George Michael to Pen Song? ... Amy Declinehouse and Blake Not-So-Civil Get Help – From a Rabbi?

The Spice Girls are going to contend for that mystical Brit pop-hit title -- Christmas number one -- and we hear they've enlisted George Michael to write it for them. They'll be taking on "X-Factor" winner and Simon Cowell pet Leona Lewis for the crown. ... Amy Winehouse and husband Blake have been offered some spiritual guidance -- from Rabbi Aryeh Sufrin of the London-based charity, Drugline. "I will happily offer support and advice," says Rabbi Sufrin. Meth is definitely treyf.

KT

OPI - He genius, Larry WASN'T UNDER OATH when he "didn't speak up" about Howard K. Stern, Anna Nicole, and the drugs. Who cares that he didn't "speak up"?? Birkhead is following his previously stated objective of NOT talking badly about Anna Nicole and/or Howard Stern in interviews. He doesn't want Dannielynn to see these interviews 15 years from now and see her father trashing her mother and her close friend! He's being a responsible person by not talking about all that cr@p and defending himself from the issue at hand: a hack job on him done by a sleezy reporter!

crus

WOULD HAVE BEEN FUNNY IF OWEN JUST DIED!!

Jill

Yeah, that's right. Why would Jerkhead want to speak up about a felony committed by a lawyer against his pregnant girlfriend? O'Quinn and everyone else will play Larry's SILENCE to a jury to let them judge for themselves why he didn't say then what he said under oath.

Jerkhead is too dumb to keep his mouth shut, just like Anna. He's giving the lawyers plenty of ammo, but as I said, Jerkhead will NEVER be deposed. He and $tern will be begging for a chump change settlement they can peddle as a win because the dollar amount will be sealed from public scrutiny.

Carol

Not that anyone but bloggers will read this, but this whole situation is disturbing, which is why I am compelled to comment. Basically...stay the he** away from him Kate!!! Owen is someone we all care about...albeit this is just from a fan's perspective. But, if your handlers, or people in Owen's camp ever read the blogs, you'd know that his fans are very supportive, and especially very protective of Owen and of his family. Your family, so I've read, made him uncomfortable from day one. Let me tell you something, no one can break up a marriage that isn't already shaky, so blaming Owen is stupid. Of course, that now explains why Kurt set you up with Dax so quickly after your breakup with Owen. God forbid you two got back together. Here's the problem with you Kate. If you love someone, you don't run away from their problems. You stick around, no matter how hard it is, and you help them get through it. Instead, you bailed, and left someone damaged in your wake. So exactly what was that disgusting public display supposed to prove to everyone? You knew the cameras were there. Rather than be discreet, you engage in a make out session...pointing to the sky, as if to say, this is your new "numero uno". WTF? Nice move. You knew the person you literally just broke up with would see that crap. I wouldn't even do that to my ex husband! What is that, tough love? Gee, and you wonder why no one wants you near him? Not only did that prove how immature you are, but it also shows everyone, that you're also totally insensitive. Owen's dog is a better companion in my opinion. OK...I'm done venting, but this just pi$$ed me off.

Virginia

tba

It can be revealed today, that I was secretly engaged to Nicole. The problem, she couldn't handle a hunk of a man like me. Therefore, I had to cut her loose..sad day

Cheryl

I read a few years ago that Nic was engaged to Lenny Kravitz.

Kassie

As for Larry Birkhead, I don't see at this point whose business it is to question what he's done pre-Danielynn...and I think it's hideous of Rita Cosby to smear him like this. The only thing that really matters is Is He a Good Father? and so far it looks like he is head over heels in love with his little girl. I hope for his sake that the story really is false and he takes Rita and her publisher straight to court!
As for Kate Hudson, she should know better. Unless she wants to see him to tell him she still loves him and wants him, she needs to back off. A friendly "I care" card will do just fine.
As far as Amy and hubby, I always thought she was Jewish so a rabbi makes sense. Hope she goes for it!

The Original D..

Larry I think you need to take care of your daughter instead of battling lawsuits..

It is not healthy going through these battles.. How can you take care of the baby when you can't take care of yourself Larry??

Who is going to watch tthe baby when you are in court ALL the time? What kind of life is the baby going to have?

It's sad to think this baby will grow up w/o a father too. He will be in court all the time with HKS..:-(

Maybe the best thing will happen is for you both to go to jail and be butt buddies for perjury!

Greedy Lawyers Suck

Wouldn't surprise me if JOHNNY O'Quinn.....MOMMIE DEAREST is behind the latest scandal..... sounds so cruel it would be just about right for those people.....

GO AWAY GRANDMA......

The Original D..

Great book! Now , they are going to sue you. Now they will have to testify under oath to all the details.

Larry do you hear that? All those men you did the "hokey pokey" dance with will be coming out of the wood work.
YOU will see no money from Rita at all.
You best get out of th elimelight and sheild and protect that babygirl from yourself.
You are not doing a very good job . You lied on Larry King last night and so did Ron Rale.

dominatrixdebraopri....

Dear Rita,
we all know you wrote this book so that Virgie could get custody of Dannlynn an show the bahamian courts that Larry thebutthead birkhead, is not a fit parent. If Virgie wins custody, she owns the baby an the whole lawsuit in Texas and money an estate. Her lawyer is in cahoots with the Marshall family who will eventually settle or has made an offer to him to show Virgie once she gains custody. Her only problem is Howard an proving that he did harm both her grandson an daughter. Anna was an industry like Martha Stewart, now her baby is an industry when an industry shuts down, it puts many people out of work, I wonder if you really alligned yourself with the right people because perhaps you should investigate both sides. Howard was no angel, neither was larry, now Virgie and her trailer trash group worse than both put together. Just her marriages alone is a library into itself along with how she treated her daughter family is the most important thing in the world even if you dislike your kids, for whatever reason you never dis them on the media. example Angele Jolie and her dad. Rita I think this time you better think real hard of whatever else you can do after this book I wonder if you will be the next Mcdonalds server now practice Rita saying ' CAN I TAKE YOUR ORDER PLEASE" because this lawsuit is going to hurt all your profits and it is going to burn you out.

Greedy Lawyers Suck

I do hope the TRUTH about this latest CHARACTER ASSASIN comes out......we all heard Johnny boy in Texas spewing his HATRED for Larry and spewing his committment to MOMMIE DEAREST......

I DO HOPE THE TRUTH COMES OUT......Dannilynn and Larry would be soooo rich SUEING THE CRAP OUT OF THE THIEF IN TEXAS........

The Original D..

40. I found it completely assinine that rita cosby saying Larry Birkheads and Howard Sterns gayness is attributed to the fact that they hugged one another at points of the Anna Nicole trial. She said this on Entertainment Tonight. Since when does a hug between two men automatically mean they are lovers Cosby is exhibing the maturity of a 10 year old by saying this. Whether they had an affair or not, Cosby is an ass for saying this and needs to grow up, When one watches her in interviews, she comes across as a pompous, fake human being. I hoped she gets her butt in a lot of trouble over this book, She is delighting in bringing people down for her own financial reasons. I dont like Howard Stern either, But I hope Birkhead sues her and is successful in doing so.

Posted at 10:15AM on Sep 5th 2007 by Anna

What man would hugs his babygirls kidnapper? kind of twisted doncha think?

ELI

Kate, if you did dump Owen, keep the f---, out of his business now, an keep away from his family. You had your chance. Go screw someone else! Owen doesn't appear to be in the league of "partner switching", "without getting hurt".........stars!