Beaten Televangelist: I Love Him, But I'm Dumpin' Him!

9/6/2007 2:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

He allegedly kicked, choked and stomped her, but televangelist/beating victim Juanita Bynum says she still loves her husband. Oh, God.

In an interview with FOX 5 Atlanta, Bynum talked about the almighty beatdown Bishop Thomas W. Weeks gave her in an Atlanta airport hotel parking lot last month -- and the divorce is now in progress. Can I get an amen?!

Bynum admits, "My love for him, separating what I experienced in that parking lot ... it's so much until I think I can marry him twice, but this one is over." Hallelujah!

Bynum also said it wasn't the first time her preacher hubby, who has since been charged with felony aggravated assault and making terrorist threats, had gotten physical with her -- though this last altercation was by far the worst. And apparently, his last.

Desease control

i needed jesus in my life so I went to church but as soon as they found out I had 10 kids all with diffent dads they didnt want nothing to do with us.

I THOUGHT jUSES SAID bRING ALL THE LITTEL CHILDERN TO ME

ALL MEANS ALL

not just the ones you pick and chose that you think well look good in your church.

Desease control

I was down troden and broken man.
I went to the Chruch Of the Holy High Rollers.
The Bishop stood there in his 5,000 custome made suite and told me I would go to hell if I didnt give him some money. well i knew that wasnt true just by looing at him.
So I prayed and sang songs then when the Bishop was leaving I asked him if HE COULD LOAN A BROTHER A FEW BUCKS TO GET A hMABURGER
HE SAID NO AND DROVE OFF IN HIS 100,000 CAR.

THAT WAS REALY WRONG I AM HOMELESS BUT IF ANOTHER HOMELESS MAN ASK ME FOR MONEY FOR A HAMBURGER I SHARE WHAT I HAVE
IT HINK THE BISHOP WELL REMBER ME WHEN HE GOES TO HELL AND IS SCREAMING OUT MY NAME TO HELP HIM.

Valerie

How can you possibly love someone who doesn't love you enough NOT to beat the daylights out of you? Seriously... I was waiting for her to use the f word.. That she forgives him... Religion is the best excuse to allow yourself to be treated like garbage and take it.

ERIKKA OWENS

I FEEL THAT MRS.BYNUM HAS MADE THE RIGHT DECISION !!!! IF YOU'VE STUDIED UP ON HER THAN YOU SHOULD KNOW THAT HER MOTHER WAS AGAINST THIS MARRIAGE IN THE FIRST PLACE,SOME TIMES GOD DOES GIVES US WHAT WE ASK FOR BUT,IT DONT MEAN THAT THAT'S WHAT WE NEED ,SHE'S STILL HUMAN!!!!ALL THAT GOD REQUIRES FROM US IS TO PRAY FOR ONR ANOTHER AND TRUST THAT HE WILL DO HIS WILL IN ALL THINGS THINK ON A POSITIVE ASPECT!!!!REMEMBER LOVE IS WHAT MAKES THE WORLD GOES AROUND AND WHAT SHE NEEDS IS LOVE AND NOT BAD COMMENTS(BUT WHAT CAN YOU EXPECT FROM SOMEONE WHO DOSE'NT KNOW GOD ) BECAUSE IF SO THE COMMENTS HERE IN THIS SIGHT WOULD ONLY BE TOTALLY UPLIFTING!!!

monique

She can't stay with him now. It has been revealed that he has serious financial problems.

Shame on you!

Shame on you for passing judgment! The fact is a woman was attacked by her husband. Being a preacher or not has nothing to do with domestic violence.

#20 learn how to spell!

ALC

You people are mean!!!!!!!!!!

NatTurner

It's called Christianity. Love and Forgiveness is the foundation. Something Judaism will never be accused of, unless forgiveness came with a check. Thanks for the Christian bashing Harveystein. Damn, your people killed Christ, isnt that enough?

why

I think Christian-bashing is bad, but bashing other people should be bad, too, Rusty.

You said "Damn, your people killed Christ, isnt that enough?"

First of all you swear,and secondly, you forget that Christ was one of "his people," too!

Christians essentially follow the Jewish faith, with the difference being Christians recognize the Messiah already arrived and follow His teachings.

So either Rusty is a bad representative of Christianity, or isn't really one and is using it for trolling.

why

"Nasty" (the person who likes to post in all caps)

Your allegations are very serious, but the way you present them is a joke.

If you really have information or think they should be investigated, you should contact authorities or give convincing evidence in a more sober manner.

I am sure it is possible they are corrupt.

But you seem more motivated to insult than to see justice served. I hope I am wrong.

anonymous

I don't love anybody that hits me and let God love him, it's not your job to love this fool.

Granny Pants

There's just something about her YOU GOTTA LOVE!

jazz

The devil can get into any one.We are all human.
And we all go thur trail everday. We haven't made it to heaven yet
saints .learn to pray instead of talking.

Wicked

JJ Don't you tell me I'm not perfect you moron. I'm perfect cause I say I'm perfect.

Joelle

I like her but I hope that her hands are clean from teaching anyone to do the same. Oh and remember that pastors wife who killed her husband? tsk tsk