Beaten Televangelist: I Love Him, But I'm Dumpin' Him!

9/6/2007 2:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

He allegedly kicked, choked and stomped her, but televangelist/beating victim Juanita Bynum says she still loves her husband. Oh, God.

In an interview with FOX 5 Atlanta, Bynum talked about the almighty beatdown Bishop Thomas W. Weeks gave her in an Atlanta airport hotel parking lot last month -- and the divorce is now in progress. Can I get an amen?!

Bynum admits, "My love for him, separating what I experienced in that parking lot ... it's so much until I think I can marry him twice, but this one is over." Hallelujah!

Bynum also said it wasn't the first time her preacher hubby, who has since been charged with felony aggravated assault and making terrorist threats, had gotten physical with her -- though this last altercation was by far the worst. And apparently, his last.

Jacque Scott

Juanita I remember watching your beautiful wedding ceremony on national television . You were the most beautiful bride I hadever seen (you are still beautiful). The wedding was awesome and a dream come true I am sure. Though we have never met, I will keep you in my prayers. May you find your strength and courage in God to get thru all of this.I can only imagine that your heart aches for the lost of the one you loved and held so dear. May God continue to bless and keep you in his tender care. Your sister is Christ, Jackie.

why

blogger above, thanks for your post...that's more of a 'scoop' than TMZ's story

I am amazed that Juanita did not use this chance to speak out to the news about the pattern of abuse, and apologize for asking others to cover it up until it happened to her so publicly

Instead she just, apparently, came out for her own sympathy

What Weeks did to Juanita was absolutely wrong, and although she is a victim, she should apologize to her fellow victims

And Weeks should apologize to them all and not fight the law

Anne

Why do two 'preachers' need to live in a $2 million-dollar house? Why not live in a $1 mil house and use the balance for the community? Stay-in-school programs,ect.

why

I guess their congregation will decide whether to support them.

I'm no authority, but the verse "A deacon must be the husband of but one wife and must manage his children and his household well." comes to my mind.

Yes, people make mistakes, but some actions are more than just 'mistakes.'

Juanita should speak up about her fellow victims of Weeks if she truly intends to represent everyone who has experienced abuse. It is suspicious that she is so vocal about only her own abuse.

Janice

To everyone who comes to this site that is hurting, disappointed, feeling betrayed, misused, abused, broken hearted. This is what I will say to you: John 3:16-17 " For God (Father God) SO LOVED THE WORLD (YOU) THAT HE GAVE HIS ONLY BEGOTTEN SON, THAT WHOSOVER (THAT MEANS YOU) BELIEVES IN HIM (GOD'S ONLY BEGOTTEN SON) WILL NOT "PERISH" BUT SHALL HAVE "EVERLASTING LIFE." He (Father God) sent not His Son into the World to CONDEMN The World, but that the World through Him (His Son), might be "SAVED." God never said to come to a human being, preacher, bishop, pastor, prophet, evangelist or Pope. You as a individual have to find "Salvation." for yourself. All you have to say is: Father God, I believe that Jesus is your Only Begotten Son, and I invite him to come into my heart and be my Saviour and Lord. That's It. It's Done. Now go to a bookstore and find a bible and read, read, read. There are many good ones. When I received Jesus, I was not in a church, nor did I hear the message from a Pastor or Preacher. I worked with friends to lived and acted like true christians. They never invited me to church; They never preached to me. They never condemned me. They just lived their Faith before me. When my life completely fell apart, Jesus drew me to himself. I was convinced in my heart I needed a Saviour. There was no human being on the planet that could give me what I needed most. I needed my whole life changed from the inside out. That is what I found. Don't miss out on receiving the GREATEST GIFT THAT YOU COULD EVER RECEIVE, BECAUSE OF WHAT YOU SEE AND HEAR CHRISTIANS DO OR DON'T DO. GOD'S GIFT TO YOU IS HIS ONLY BEGOTTEN SON. IT'S FOR YOU "PERSONALLY AND INDIVIDUALLY." HE LOVED YOU SO MUCH, THAT IF YOU HAD BEEN THE ONLY PERSON ON THE PLANET HE WOULD HAVE COME TO EARTH, AND GIVEN HIS LIFE JUST FOR YOU. EVEN IF HE KNEW YOU MIGHT NOT RECEIVE HIM, HE WOULD HAVE DONE IT ANYWAY, JUST TO GIVE YOU THE OPPORTUNITY. PLEASE DON't WASTE THIS OPPORTUNITY. PLEASE RECEIVE "THE GIFT."

Kim

I live on the same street as these holy rollers, but have never met them. I find it ridiculous they live in a mansion, cruise around in their Phantom Rolls Royce as well as their other luxury cars and then pressure their vulnerable church members who struggle financially to continue to donate to the church and then to discover how disfunctional their personal lives really are!

suspect

All of this is suspect, she is being very well coached on how to handle this, trust me, there is too much at stake. I always thought it was funny how they were newlyweds and all of a sudden experts on marriage, now you are at the head of the class on domestic abuse?? I guess you have to do what you have to do!!!! I still say, EVERYBODY needs to fall back for a season. But you all know better. Juanita you have God's ear, what is he really saying to you??God Bless!!

flawliss

what is wrong with u people her husband beat her and yall talking about how much money she has ! yall are not GOD! who are u people to judge her if that the case yall would be god get a life and pray more often ... May god blessed all the haterssssssssssss

sweetjan

To the idiot that think divorce is wrong, you will do any thing to save yourself from this act of violence.Think about those that have suffered through domestic violence.No, divorce is not wrong.All you have to do is ask for forgiveness.No one should have to suffer in this way.This is not Love,domestic violence is a sickness.

Concerned

I read all your comments on this situation and I must say, "it takes two to tangle." I think Christanity nowaday is so modernized that it does not appear like christianity anymore. Love not the world or the things of the world, if you love the world, the love of the Father is not in you. All this bling, glitz, mansions, diamonds, limos, owned private jets etc... are all material wealth which unfortunately comes for the poor uninformed followers of Juanita, Mr. Week, TD Jakes, Creflo Dollar, Mrs. White, and Ron Parsley etc... and I've notice that most of those who fall for this disception are African Americans who believe in "getting blessed" by giving a seed of fifth. Somewhat like gambling and viewing God as a magical wealth giver. People, read the bible!!!! It's not all about this imitation gospel of wealth, pride, and self indulgment. Jesus did not have a place to lay his head. Most of the disciples of the bible were homeless and poor, but were wealthy and rich spiritually. They left all to follow Christ. Yes ministers are human and are prone to mistakes. But enough is enough of using the grace of God for sinful hyprocritical lifestyle to market the gospel for your selfish desire. SHAME ON MOST TV EVANGELISTS AND MOST OF THE CHURCHES WHO ARE FOLLOWING SUIT. THE END IS COMING SOON CHURCH. THIS WAS ALL PROPHESIED IN THE BIBLE CONCERNING THE LAST DAYS.

judgingotherssux

she gonna sing for your donations and go make that good spirited $.

S.I

What a terrible thing...Even though a person is a man of God, doesn't mean they are no longer human....he is still human..still very capable of making BIG mistakes...needs help definitely...and needs to connect back with the Lord...for God is not religious he is Real...man can be religious....but we are real when we allow the Lord to Lead Us every second of the Day...I feel bad for her situations...like she says on her myspace page it will pass...and the Lord will help them both...because he Is Perfect and can help through any stiuation!

I feel bad more for the people on here, with no compation for her situation...she is no different than any domestic violence woman, wether she is rich or not...All domestic abuse is not good...have compassion people...and quit hating on people who believe in God.

BonnieLee-Maine

one thing that i have learned. everytime i judge........i end up in the same position as the one i judged. in other words. Judge, lest you be judged. Let these people alone and figure it out within the sanctity of their marriage. We should keep BOTH in our prayers. Christian, not perfect. i was in the Bahamas once and reverend dollar's ex wife told me that he was a good man with a bad heart. I never knew what she meant by that, but it made me think. bottom line we are all human with flaws, not perfect. Good luck to you both and i hope things work out.

sharon

Time heals all wounded hearts. Juanita, I love and respect your work. Continue to pray as I know you will. We you are too weak or tired to pray, just know there are prayer warriors interceeding on your behalf. I pray for both of you during these times of struggle.

Missy

There is a lot of flaws in this story. Why didn't the Weeks sow a seed for their marriage. Thats what they taught to everyone else. And it seems as the Both of those two, was living a Lie.Fighting in the streets, not paying their bills, rumours of strange habits. Not one time, have we heard the word Repent. The word of God says; Be ye in the World and Not of it. This applies to the Weeks also......