MTV Confirms Britney to Perform at VMAs

9/6/2007 2:49 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Breaking NewsTMZ has confirmed Brit Brit WILL perform at this year's 2007 Video Music Awards in Las Vegas.

MTV has issued a press release, announcing Britney will open the show by performing her new single "Gimme More."

MTV also confirms TMZ's favorite "magician," Criss Angel, is in on the act as well.

Trainwrecktabulous!

Previous 15 Comments | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10

Just wondering

I haven't heard the song. What is it? Gimme more chicken? Gimme more class? Gimme more painties cuz I'm showin my a$$.

Darlah P

I am not a Britney fan but I will watch and hopes she really kicks ahem and shows the world - even the folks at TMZ. ROFL! I want it to speak volumes - KFed - I am moving on and so is the money train that you are grasping at. Get a LIFE!

spiledness96

Nasty.. they should have picked somebody that can sing,and has there life on track..

Mandy

I think that Chris will be better than Brittany will be lol!

bustup

she will be booed from the stage by people who rightly believe she

should stay at home and be a mother to her children - Brit stop playing

hot single (that part of your life is something you gave up and cannot retrieve)

Biggest peoblem with Brit - she's not sexy anymore. (fat and haggard)

800 pound gorilla fart

Holy Cow ! You guys are harsh on the girl . Just because she parties all night , makes more in an hour than you make in a month and has a tendecy to rot her kids teeth out does not make her a bad person . HHhmmm. Then again ....
HERE HOPING YOU GUYS GET YOUR WISH AND THESE TEN THINGS HAPPEN AT THE VMA AWARDS TO SHlTNEY BEARS ...
1. Chris angel makes K-fed appear with a court order in hand
2. Brit forgets the words and starts singing " YMCA "
3. Brit comes out with fake baby and pretends to drop it !
4. Her Celluite starts to melt under the hot lights and starts a grease fire !!
5. She pops a beer open on stage and shotguns it !
6. Brit grabs her crotch and yells out real loud " I NEED TO PEE ...ANY BATHROOM WILL DO !"
7. Instead of confetti , Cheetos' rain down on the crowd !
8. She forgets her panties and we see her new " Weave"
9. The entire first row passes out from dangerous " Britney Foot Fog "
10. She looks into the audience and says " Anybody got a drink? "

Britt

TMZ.. tell BRITNEY's crew that she needs to stop making a fool out of herself.. and i'm for real, contact me fo a bomb ass hairstylist who do weaves out here in cali.. for referring, I'll accept cash, credit, or debit LOL..

LauBaumann

Okay, so it SUCKED, will the PRESS have the BALLS to admit it!

Jade

Damn.. i just watched Britney perform on tha VMA :: SHE SUCKED!! - she still has her baby fat... she didnt even really dance.. .. she looked frumpy on stage!

OLD MAN IN ATL

i GUESS I'M GETTIN OLD CAUSE BRITNEY WAS JOKE AND THE SARAH SILVERMAN WAS TASTELESS....I GUESS I HAVE NOT DONE ENOUGH CRYSTAL METH TO FOLLOW THAT ELECTRIC BINGO BOARD OF THE MONSTER SINGLES

Natalie

Yea!!!! Aren't we all so happy we tuned in for that one. She could barely move! Thanks Brit...you are amazing....you should have waitied!

VMAViewer

Did it seem like she was on drugs during the performance? Really sluggish... and... its really time for her to wear more on her body. Overall... thumbs down on her "Big comeback" performance!

OLD MAN IN ATL

YEAH, I'D SAY SHE WAS MOVING "IMPAIRED"

Lil'gossip

Ok, I just saw the 'B's performance, and was so disappointed. I was pulling for her, really was, but she let me down. Could she be more out of shape? and she danced like she just didn't care. At least she could have acted like she cared for those of us that were hanging on to some glimmer of hope that she still had some kind of star power still in her after all. She proved to the world - she doesn't.

Previous 15 Comments | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10