MTV Confirms Britney to Perform at VMAs

9/6/2007 2:49 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Breaking NewsTMZ has confirmed Brit Brit WILL perform at this year's 2007 Video Music Awards in Las Vegas.

MTV has issued a press release, announcing Britney will open the show by performing her new single "Gimme More."

MTV also confirms TMZ's favorite "magician," Criss Angel, is in on the act as well.

Trainwrecktabulous!

Terry

# 83
I agree with your post but will not hold my breath.
Has she listened to anyone who most likely gave her that advise? Doubt it.
Hope I'm wrong, Wish her luck and wisdom.

jakeman

Truly could be one of the greatest comebacks in Entertainment history, could Rank with Judy Garland's Palace Theatre return!America is rooting for you, Brit. We will tune in by the millions!

divalasvegas

Oh goody. I guess lip syncing falls somewhere under the wider definition of performing. Everyone who loves Britney says that she's back and bigger than ever, well her ass and thighs certainly are. I know I won't be wasting my time watching the VMA awards.

TB

I love the comment about maybe her falling in love with another back-up singer, hee hee!

Shannon

Oh, it is going to be GREAT! Great to see her totally crash and burn on national television! It will be soooo bad! It will be all over YouTube for weeks!!!!!!!!

VS

Yeah, she is bigger than every. Too many drinks. Her head looks bigger. I wish her
well. But, I am sure she wants to do somethng different to put her album on the map.

Yawn...........Christina hurrry back dear!

tuna marie

oh my comparing britney to judy garland, you are as deluded as brit is.

ANNA

Gonna be all over You Tube come Monday!!!!!!!!

Krum

I'm back, y'all!!!! Ding Dang!

Sarly

Wow, they're letting her perform that crap on tv? She only repeats about two sentances through out the entire song and moans incoherently. I think it's pathetic that a 25-year-old mother of two would call that a song. Britney still thinks she's that bimbo teenie bopper. Her sons will grow up embrassed by her career.

Paulette

britney sux now!!! she is a total mess! i feel bad 4 her kids 1 day they gon look back n b ashamed lol... watever i dont mean 2 b a hater but she is just gon lip sing the whole time...

Rockin

whoa....you clones who claim to be Britney's fans.......that's not somethng I would brag about......she's a skank who has to lip synch...what a waste

and #46.......there isn't enough disinfectant to convince me to kiss her ass....though it's so huge it would be hard to miss

Nejxn

Just goes to show MTV's total lack of credibility when it comes to showcasing real talent. The network has been a joke for years. I couldn't care less that they booked the washed-up, no-talent skank because I wouldn't have watched anyway.

The Flying Meysie

britney's boo-boo's, butt, & babies being buried in a blinding bed of bias & buffoonery.....mayhap we be surprised?!

Isabella Gotti

GOOD MAYBE CRISS WILL MAKE HER DUMB ASS DISAPPEAR ONCE AND FOR ALL!! YEAH!!!