Maddox Goes to School

9/7/2007 2:16 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Mama Angelina dropped off a uniformed Maddox to school yesterday, and the little thing was adorable! So was Maddox!

Maddox's preschool, the prestigious Lycée Français de New York, costs a whopping $18,000 a year -- that's a lot of crayons! The school's first language is French, and blends programs established by the French Ministry of Education and top-notch American private schools. Can you tell me how to get to Rue Sesame?

Over fifty nationalities grace the halls of Lycée -- a perfect match for the multi-national brood of Brangelina!

Meowch

And he'll be there for how long? Wasn't he enrolled in a New Orleans school? It's here, there and everywhere for those kids. Not a whole lot of stability and routine for those children.

Glee (I'm baaaaack)

I agree with the person who said that $18,000 (for a year they won't be there) could do a lot of good in the NY public school system. With all those nannies can't one teach him his abc's and the basics of french without pimping him off to the press and paying for a year when he will likely be there for a couple weeks? what a waste of money

Blah blah blah

That's nice she took him to school instead of the nannies, where's Brad for the major event?

Empathy Matters

Angelina and Brad are doing the best for their children and they also contribute handsomely to those in need. Stop criticising, complaining and mind your business all you complainers.

Furthermore, the earlier a child learns a new language the better it is. There comes a point when the the part of the speech that learns languages ceases to be as malleable. I speak from experience. I was 14 when I learned English, and over 40 years later, I still have an accent, which to me is a nuisance and I don't care how "cute" people claim it is! As soon as I open my mouth, I can count on questions such as "where are you from?" It is sickening!

Take it from me. Mind your bees wax at all times.

Me

#26 - me again - I wouldn't normally have a problem with people spending their money how they want and all that crap, but when she goes out of her way to say that the kids will be going to public school in NOLA that just makes them liars who were doing whatever they can to get in the papers.

WHAT

why the heck does angelina only wear black ,,

SANDRA

Cant the woman just be left alone to send her kid to school! It dosnt matter what she pays b/c it is HER MONEY! Everyone needs to get a life and back off. The kid cant even have a normal first day of school for christs sake!

Get a life

I agree with whoever asked "since when do they live in NY?" Really, where DO they live? I have nothing against AJ or BP and I think they have a beautiful family, but seriously, how can you keep moving your kids in and out of school?

I think all the traveling and such is cool while they're babies, but Maddox at least is at the age where kids need routine and stability. How can he form friendships and develop socially if everyone around him is either holding a camera or is a movie star?

Terry

# 9 by lissabell

Should you not be on the Jolie/Pitt number one fan site?
Why come on here to battle that which you will never see what you want to see. it must feel lonlely
Many do not care for Mother Jolie because they just dont! No need for expensive schools to figure that one out. She in turn has a dislike for America so it all even's out.
No need to play a high brow on the internet to get your point across either.

UUGH

Maybe they will just leave him with the nannies as he attends that school. With their crazy wirlwind travelling, they'll be in Africa one day, in LA the next, in France, in India, in Alaska, etc... and wonder...oh, where's Maddox? Oh yeah he's in NYC...

If it's OK for Shiloh to be left behind with a nanny, then it's more than OK for Maddox.

ihatebrangelina

WELL, WELL, WELL. WHAT'S WRONG angelina? IS THAT THE CLOSEST YOU'LL GET
TO FRANCE FOR THE KIDS? DID armpitt FINALLY PUT his HOOF DOWN?! LOL!
FIRST OF ALL- you'll PROBABLY UPROOT THE KIDS TOMORROW. AND 2-
armpitt DOESN'T HAVE THE HUEVOS RANCHEROS TO TELL THE angelina WHAT'S
HAPPENING!!! OH GOSH- I WISH WITH ALL MY HEART THAT ANISTON AND
VAUGHN WERE STILL TOGETHER. I MISS THEM HORRIBLY!!! COME BACK!!!
YOU'LL KICK brangelina's UGLY BUTT ANYTIME. COME ON BACK!!!!!

annie

I thought they lived in New Orleans. All that talk about sending kids to school and make it such a normal home life. I must have missed something

Terry

Those children would be torn apart and had for lunch in a public school. I don't really blame them for sending them to a safer environment. I don't even want my own children in a public school! I just am not blessed with a alternative or I'd take it .

Rosie the chauvinist

Haven't you people figured out yet that Angelina does not like America? She just lives here to take advantage of the motion picture industry which has strangely made her wealthy. I thought she was hideously ugly the first time I saw her in a movie, but you people seem to think she's beautiful. I think she's deformed and scary. I was shocked to hear the media calling her beautiful.

Her mother was French. Angelina was not raised with an American heart and love for her country. Brad Pitt is just a pretty boy idiot. Who said he was smart? Nobody.

When you raise children with no loyalties, no feeling that they belong to a country, a place, a home, you do not raise "citizens of the world." You raise children who are lost as adults, who don't know where they belong and thus don't know how to act, think, or believe.

Children need attachments to feel like part of something.

Angelina nor Brad never get a penny of my money.

Glee (I'm baaaaack)

VAL - that was disgusting and unfair. If you are going to criticize at least make it fair and not just an excuse to be soo nasty!