Beyonce's Own Melrose Place -- For the Homeless

9/12/2007 2:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Singer/actress/designer Beyonce can now add one more title to her resume -- landlord!
Beyonce and Kelly Rowland
While they may not be singing together, former Destiny's Child members Beyonce and Kelly Rowland have reunited -- to open an apartment building for at risk populations in Houston. Can you pay my bills?!

The Knowles-Rowland Temenos Place Apartments will be a 43 unit, single room occupancy housing facility for men and women who are taking steps to improve their lives, after traumatic events of both natural and personal disasters. Save a spot for Britney!

Edward

Wasn't Paris supposed to do something like this for women getting out of prison? I'm sure she's still working on it...

Desiree

Wow, super, girls! What a rare news item, young entertainers doing something with their money besides just shopping and partying and clubbing. Such good examples of trying to make a positive difference in this world.

TOO FUNNY FOR WORDS

NOW THIS TMZ IS NEWS WORTHY !!! Ladies , class act for sure. If only more young women could do something productive with their wealth other than snorting drugs and drinking like Catholics !!! I have new found respect for these ladies !!!

Tam

That sounds sooooo great! I am proud of them.

Toune

#3 - I agree except for Drinking like Catholics....why be an ass keep religion out of this.

Ablem

I am not surpised by the actions of these 2 lovely, classy, thoughtful, talented young ladies.

Wishing you continued success!

Wes

To Edward -- Don't count on it.

I agree with Toune.

Tyranny

that's fantastic, good on her! Way to help the folks in your own country.

CLAUDA DE SCRATCH

Yay I'm sooo happy they're doing this! Kudos to them!! But that commerial where Beyonce sings Diamonds Are A Girls Best Friends is still annoying as hell!

you're as stupid as you look

JUST WHAT THOSE PEOPLE NEED....ANOTHER FREE HANDOUT.....MAKE THEM WORK FOR THEIR RENT.....IF YOU KEEP ON GIVING THEY WILL KEEP ON TAKING.....

leslie

Good for them, and for the people they will help.

Dog is a racist mutt!

Good for them! Cheers! Bravo! It's so nice to hear good news like this. Maybe they'll spur other stars and the public to think more about doing positive like this in their communities. Thanks to TMZ for covering this one!

just wondering

......................WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...Bloggers all saying nice things!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...thats a change!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...

Koko

I'm SO impressed. This is really nice news!!!!!! I wish more young ladies would behave like them.

Ms. Giant1

wow nothing negative.... way to go ... but I know some idiot will did up something bad, b/c they can't stand to see nice comments... i love you girls..

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments