Carol Channing: "I'm So Grateful!"

9/15/2007 7:37 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

A kiss on the hand may be quite continental, but getting your diamond dress back is like being reunited with your best friend!

TMZ reported yesterday that Broadway superstar Carol Channing's prized "diamond dress" was returned to her, and now the always charming Channing is talking about the ordeal's happy ending. FOX 11 News in Los Angeles spoke with Ms. Channing last night, and she exclaimed, "I'm so glad, I'm so happy, I'm so grateful! I just have the giggles!" Being a living legend has its perks. The dress can now make its way to the Smithsonian, where it will be exhibited along with Channing's 1964 Tony for "Hello Dolly."

Ms. Channing expressed her appreciation for the LAPD and said, "They care as if we're all their family!" Carol's dress was lifted by a pedestrian outside of her hotel in Hollywood. Miss Channing, 86, is appearing tonight and Sunday at the Hollywood Bowl.

ladyconstanceZdotcom

Carol Channing did NOT deserve such disrespect at her age!!! A very classy lady! from ladyconstancez.com You need a spanking, Bad boy Harvey?!!!! Bring it,,,, Harvey L! Spanking! but I know it won't happen,,,you are afraid,,,,

ladyconstanceZdotcom

ladyconstancez.com

or ladyconstancez.com@aol.com

THANKS!!

ladyconstanceZdotcom

you need ME!

ladyconstanceZdotcom

stop it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Heehawg

WELL???? Did Ms. Channing give the homeless guy a reward????

Heehawg

What a cool, cool lady! Hope I'm as cool in my senior years. Oh, wait, I AM in my senior years, I think.

Jan

How old is Carol C.?

Bell

It Just Amazes Me how she Kept the fact the she was Bi-Racial for Her Entire Career.

DDunn62

I thought the old bone bag was already dead.......

Jan

I AM GLAD MS. CHANNING GOT HER DRESS BACK BUT:

I WISH A CELEBRITY HAD JOINED THE ANTI WAR MARCH IN DC TODAY, SEPT 15, SO TMZ WOULD HAVE BEEN THERE WITH THEIR CAMERAS.. THE NEWS MEDIA IS NOT TELLING THE THROUGH ABOUT THE MARCH. THE PRO-WAR GROUP WERE THROWING STINK BOMBS AT THE ANTI WAR GROUP AND EVEN WHEN THE ANTI WAR GROUP HAD THEIR LITTLE CHILDREN IN STROLLERS, ELDERLY MEN AND WOMEN, AND PETS BUT THE PRO WAR GROUP STILL THROUGH THEM AT THEM. THE PRO WAR GROUP HAVE NO RESPECT FOR CHILDREN, THE ELDERLY, AND ANIMALS.

HeidiHo

it should be mentioned that she's performing with Pink Martini at the Hollywood Bowl - the best band on earth!!!!

Nun

I hope Ms Channing is gracious enough to give the homeless guy that was the real hero here a reward.

killa'bro

the homeless guy also gave her a pearl necklace .....

Cynic

Aw. she's a sweetie.

Respect your elders, people!

Cynic

I couldn't agree more, AppreciativeFan.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments