Britney's Manager

Says 'Gimme Less'

9/17/2007 8:41 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0917_brit_ex_05_excited_tmz-1Britney's manager has jumped ship, and the reason sounds strangely similar to her former lawyer's woes over Spears.

Manager Jeff Kwatinetz issued a statement saying, "It saddens us to confirm media reports that we have terminated our professional relationship with Britney Spears." Noting Kwatinetz repped Brit for a grand total of one month, he continued, "We believe Britney is enormously talented, and has made a terrific record, but current circumstances have prevented us from properly doing our job."

So what are the "circumstances?" Maybe they're similar to what we hear about Laura Wasser going South on Spears. We're told Wasser questioned Brit's judgment but simply could not control her.

Sources close to the situation tell us Kwatinetz had similar problems, notably at the VMAs, when Britney decided to switch the costume she planned to wear for the glitterated swamp bikini, without telling anyone. Ding dang, y'all.

We're told after the VMAs, the firm demanded to meet with her but she refused. They felt she needed help, but she wouldn't hear it.

zoom9

I really am kind of tired of all the "Britney" news. Only 1/2 of it's real anyway. Just like with MJ, 1/2 made up. I do believe she's doing some of these negative things, but it gets hard to tell which ones. So I won't 100% defend her. As for her mis-steps at the vma, I could care less. So what if she made mistakes? She has a CD coming out. If I really like it, maybe I'll get it. That's all that matters for me. Unless she does something really horrible, I'm just going to not care anymore. And if the songs suck, then I won't listen. No biggie. but I already heard and like 2 of them.

Catty

wtf! she had a manager! lol

jimmy.

her career is over. plenty of other people waiting to take her place. we can do without this woman

jimmy.

#86 thats really a dumb thing to say

Here comes the judge

Ding Dang Ya'all

Louis

That's it...first her lawyer....now her manager?....she's done.

zoey

85 Britney is not mature woman know why because mature woman doesn't show her priviate part to the world or neglect her kid like britney doing and 101 britney has disowned her mom and Britney is not a good mom and she need help asap and Britney need to take couple of years of f to get her life together and actually leave the limelight for while and just
get help and be mom to her two kids and like or not Britney spears it all her fault for screwing up her image and life and like or not kfed will be put of Britney life forever they have two kids together

DB

Hope she pulls herself together,
starts listening to the RIGHT people,
& makes better choices for her future.

Geesh

BOY, I JUST LOVE HOW PEOPLE ARE JUMPING ALL OVER UN-CONFIRMED NEWS. "SOURCES" ARE NOT OFFICIAL WORD PEOPLE.........GOOD LORD!

Wendy

It's absolutely disgusting that she scoots her bare ass all over car seats, restaurant seats, bar stools, and God knows where else. I read that she is an exhibitionist. But I'll tell ya, if that bitch put her bare ass on my car seat, I'd kick her ass all the way to the moon.

She is just plain ignorant, selfish, inconsiderate, rude, and socially unacceptable.

I don't care if she can't sing, but I'm outraged about her exposing the public to whatever STDs she probably has.

Jazzylady

Some of the comments are extremely cruel. Brittany has problems and probably had post portem depression giving birth so quickly and being under the public eye constantly. To tell someone to R.I.P or to jump off a cliff is unnecessary. I am sure your life is not perfect and the young entertainers are under constant pressure from the public and their family. The media is always saying we are giving the public what they want but some information is none of our business. You try living under a microscope. Get a life already and more on to more important things like bringing the troops home.

5 cent

Britney has a manager? Who knew? I thought she did everything by herself.

Desiree

Oh PLEASE, WTF and CJ, blaming all Brit's troubles and lousy life-choices on Kevin is the kind of enabling attitude that IS repsonsible for her problems. Kevin isn't the one who made her flash her privates for the cameras, Kevin didn't make her undress for the paps at the beach, or undress and make-out in a hotel pool, etc., etc., the list goes on and on, and Brit needs to say no to drugs, booze and partying. Sure it's easy to blame everyone else for being an idiot, but that is why Brit is in so much trouble all the time, she won't be accountable for HER choices, HER poor judgement.

And how can anyone say she needs space to get better, that's ALL she's got, is space and more space, she has so much space, she should have had the time to get back in shape if she planned to go onstage practically naked, she sure as hell has the time and the money. And she had all the time and "space" to rehearse, she has nothing else to do with her time, but she would rather party. For heaven's sake, SHE made the decision to do the awards show, what did she think, her fairy-Godmother was going to wave her magic wand so Britney wouldn't have to do anything herself, like work out and REHEARSE? Why didn't she at least have the intelligence to hire a "dream team" of star makers, like the team that was behind her all those years THEY kept her on top of her game? No, Britney knows better than EVERYONE, yeah, we can all see how well that attitude has worked for her!

I feel sorry for Britney, I really do, but the time has come to stop making excuses for her and stop blaming Kevin. And the public certainly has a right to voice opinions about her! SHE decided to do the awards show totally unprepared and what does she think, she expects to escape criticism for being such an irresponsible, lazy screw-up who even refused to take advice about her costume choices and then went on national TV totally unprepared in EVERY way possible?? She probably would have looked a lot better in something that covered her since she didn't bother to take the time or expend the energy to work out, but Britney needs to be as naked in public as possible, and again, she refused to take good advice and then cried about "looking like a fat pig." Well, who can she blame for that? Certainly not the show's advisors, since Britney refused to listen to them! Sorry, Britney has always craved the spotlight and she is always doing something to stay in it. SHE decided to do this show, SHE decided to do it unprepared, SHE decided to party all weekend instead of rehearsing. SHE is responsible for all the negative reactions, no one else to blame here, and certainly the public's reactions to such a fraud is quite understandable.

By now, Britney should realize that she needs someone to advise her. Her choices always blow up in her face, not like she can run her own life. What stops me from feeling TOO sorry for her is that with all her money, she has the ability to hire people who can put her back on track but she is too arrogant and too self-centered and too full of herself and too delusional to do this one thing that would help her take back her life. Which is why she needs some heavy-duty intevention to get her into therapy. Maybe Britney needs to really hit rock-bottom, and maybe losing her kids will wake her up. Who knows, but she sure can't go on the way she has and not expect criticism. What Britney doesn't need now are a bunch of brain-dead, suck-up enablers that allow her to think she is just fine - YOU are the ones who keep dragging her down. "Yes, Britney, you are just fine Britney, we love you just the way you are Britney, don't listen to them, Britney, you were great, Britney," bla, bla, bla..... like poison in a bottle for her, and Britney laps it up like she's sucking on one of her drug-laced lollipops. If you REALLY were loyal, CARING fans, you would be telling Britney to get the help she needs and stop telling her she is fine - SHE ISN'T!!

He's just another Idiot

#86 - You are absolutely right. I couldn't agree with you more. K-Fed is such a lazy, no talent nobody that the paps don't stalk him.

Some dude

WTH is this on her website?

"I apologize to the pap for a stunt that was done 4 months ago regarding an umbrella. I was preparing my character for a role in a movie where the husband never plays his part so they switch places accidentally. I take all my roles very seriously and got a little carried away. Unfortunately I didn't get the part."