Spector Mistrial!

9/26/2007 5:44 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Phil SpectorThe judge in the Phil Spector murder trial has declared a mistrial, as jurors announced they were hopelessly deadlocked.

In the courtroom today, the jury foreperson told the judge that they were deadlocked 10 - 2 -- with 10 jurors voting for a guilty verdict.

Prosecutors charged Spector with the murder of actress Lana Clarkson nearly five years ago. Spector's attorneys had argued Clarkson committed suicide.

A spokeswoman for the District Attorney told the LA Times "We will try Phil Spector again" and said her office was disappointed with the outcome of the trial

All parties will be back in court on October 3rd.

Story developing ...

M -

This is BULL CRAP!

PUBLIC SAFETY IS AT STAKE

L.A. CELEBRITIES -- LIKE SPECTOR, SIMPSON, AND BLAKE -- CAN DO ANY FREAKING THING THEY WANT ... AND WALK.

CALIFORNIA JURIES S-U-C-K!

judy

UGH it is embarassing to be from California when this stuff happens.
Of course he is guilty. How many women did he shove a gun in their mouth, but this one just happened to do it to herself???
Idiots.

Sharona

LA has to have the most stupid jurors in the world. Don't be surpirised if LA becomes the murder capital of the world.....I know that's where I would go if I needed to knock someone off......

sam

Let's all hope the next trial has more intelligent jurors. Move the next trial to Texas where everyone is guilty until proven innocent.

PUBLIC SAFETY IS AT STAKE

TEXAS WORKS FOR ME.

Jane

I'm ashamed to be a Californian today....

OJ
Robert Blake
Phil Spector

Where do they find these idiot jurors!!!!

Cyrus

They must of got the OJ jurors again.

patty

Yup, you are right No. 15, "another L.A. jury strikes again." let's see, Orenthal J. Simpson, Robert Blake and not Phil Spector..can't tell me the California jurors are not tainted...brain dead would be more accurate..had I know 50 years ago, what I know today about California and the jury system.....I would have taken my mother-in-law on vacation with me to California and shoved her out of the car speeding down the freeway and claim she jumped...she committed suicide!!.and I would be be walking the streets a free woman, with a big smile on my face today...well, walking with a cane!!

Jane

Oh, and for all of you who are planning to come to LA to commit murder, make sure you have a lot of money, or you're ass will be in the slammer!

BGH Quiz

I would like to see them call La Toya Jackson to the stand during the next trial - as a character witness. She wrote about Phil Spector in her book back in the 90s and already back then, he must have been a true creep. And back then nobody ever thought he'd be charged with murder one day, but La Toya already pointed out he wasn't quite right in his mind.

Holy Crap in a Bucket!

What the hell do we have to do to convict a celebrity for murder?!?! OJ, Robert Blake, Jayson Williams, now Phil? This is just a circus....again. 2 jurors away from a conviction has to just suck royally for the prosecutors. Gotta start all over again...I say we try him in Iraq haha. Now, THERE'S justice! Who were the two morons that thought she KILLED HERSELF?! This is just beyond ridiculous!!!! Take Two!

ma

Maybe some of the blame should be placed with the prosecution. They had a conviction in the bag if they had only charged him with manslaughter.too. This would have saved the taxpayer money for a new trial and would have been a sentence that would have been life to someone 67 years old.

dms

something fishy goin on with them 2 jurors?the guy is a freak,he even came out an told his driver ,I THINK I SHOT SOMEONE as for her she was a good lookin women had everything goin for herself,how can them 2 jurors be undecided!SPECTORS A NUT!HE HAS A HISTORY OF WAVING GUNS @ WOMEN,THEY EITHER GOT PAID OFF OR THEM 2 ARE ESCAPES FROM A NUTHOUSE. UNDECIDED GIMMIE A BREAK?THAT SPECTORS GONNA DRAG THIS OUT A LONG AS POSSIBLE HE HAS THE COIN

Holy Crap in a Bucket!

Plus....how many women said the same exact thing? They all said that once they wanted to leave he snapped. Who would go to a complete stranger's house that she just met hours before to kill herself?!