Uhura Beams into Opera

9/27/2007 5:32 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Us Weekly threw a bash at Opera last night, hosting hot young actresses like Amanda Bynes, Miley Cyrus, and Nichelle Nichols?! The original "Star Trek" Lieutenant was the talk of the party. As one TMZ insider said, "Uhura stole the show!"

Also at the event was whiney rapper Kanye West, a non-Photoshopped Kathy Griffin, vampire slayer Sarah Michelle Gellar, and leather jacket-obsessed James Blunt. Chicken dancer Bai Ling clucked around, and R&B queen Mary J. Blige looked fierce in all white.

But the evening belonged to 74-year-old Nichelle Nichols -- who boldly stole the show.

Snarksnarksnark

Classy!

Who, me?

Nichelle Nichols is one of the classiest ladies around. I have much respect for her.

Mariah

Wow, she looks amazing. I can only pray to age that gracefully and beautifully.

Amy Silverman

What a classy lady!!!!!! She looks Great!

show me the $$

Wow, she looks fabulous. That I only live to be so lucky one day.

PUBLIC SAFETY IS AT STAKE

Now THERE, ladies and gentleman and 'young Hollywood' -- is a CLASS ACT.

BEAUTIFUL AND BRAVA!

bruceld

She's one classy lady. I've always loved her. She's a true legend.

Piper

I came in to read the comments expecting to see the usual immature insults but lo' and behold, there are none!!! Excellent!

I agree with everyone above, she is indeed a class act. So glad to see Nichelle Nichols, she's like a fine wine- she just keeps getting better! She rocks!

sandman

"Classy" was exactly what I was going to say, but Snarks said it first. How refreshing she's still strong, healthy & as beautiful today as she was when I was a little kid watching reruns of 'Star Trek. In as far as Hollywood starlets (or wannabes) today, whom amongst them can we point to that might age like fine wine or that we'd even give a damn? For those who don't know the story, she almost didn't accept the role that will now forever endure. A young Black woman in Hollywood asked to potray an intelligent woman in the future? She was afraid the the whole of the work would rest on her shoulders should the show fail. I think it was Martin Luther King who told her she should do it? It's just nice that after all these years she's still beautiful, healthy and exudes "class"...Thank you...

cmbka

Take a lesson, young Hollywood!

Boredsh*tless

Wow! Talked about aging gracefully. Hard to believe she's 74! Way to go Nichelle!

Julie the Jarhead

Nichelle Nichols -- you're the greatest!

You can pilot my starship anyday.

Walmart Shoppers United

Gracefully done!!!! Now that's a LADY!

Omar

Look at that woman! All these years later and she's still hot. Looks like she walked off of the set of St The Undiscovered Country like a year ago. Yes she was the talk of the party, she's classy, she acts liek a lady, she's beautiful and she's the opposite of the regular Hollywood celebutard.

Elle