Britney Ignites Hotel Beatdown -- Cops Called

10/2/2007 12:18 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Moments after Britney Spears arrived at the Peninsula Hotel in Beverly Hills last night, a member of hotel security was knocked out -- allegedly by a trespassing paparazzo!

It was pure chaos outside the five star hotel last night, with panicked security chasing photogs off the property as Spears checked in.

TMZ shot video of a car leaving the scene at a high rate of speed, allegedly with the assault suspect inside.

DANI

#7

That's Hollywood for ya..

(that gave me a laugh)

death on a cracker

becuase of the paparazzi, the terrorists have won.

just wondering

...PARRAZZI r just animals with 2 legs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Phony Tony

It's just a matter of time before Drama Queen Britney does something else totally insane and gets thrown in jail. A good stay in the greybar hotel is exactly what she needs.

lkpdmd

AM RADIO is reporting Britney is engaged to Kanye West as of this morning. Is this true?

5 cent

What are you all worried about? This happned in LA!

Hitting someone in the head is a just community service there. You get a lawyer, he gets you out on bail, you do a few hours in a room to yourself, then you feed the homeless once and you go on Larry King, and write a book or something (or have someone else write it for you) and make a million bucks. If you're lucky, you can sell the screenplay of your life.

It's hollywood, babe!

Jeez! Do I have to explain it to you?

ann

Honestly, is this girl, yes girl, worth all this trouble?

ML

Britney has quite a bit of "bad behavior" behind her but how these folks act outside a hotel that she happen to go into is NOT her fault and to twist the headlines to reflect so is just plan "bad behavior". She needs to be accountable for her actions and take responsibility but so does everyone else. I am not a fan of hers but I am a fan of human kindness, back off and give the girl some time to get herself in order. She is being haunted more than Princess Di and look what happen there. Don't feed into this madness, eliminated it and just give her space to get herself together in peace.

Ceyllynn

geeze makes me want to run, get my passport, and go visit cali! geeze freakin nutjobs live there.

sarah

I hope he gets caught and preosecuted to the full extent of the law you guys just dont know where to draw the line SHAME ON YOU. THAT INCLUDES YOU TMZ

Brittania666

The only reason why she checked into a hotel yesterday was the fact that it was an easy photo op for the paps. It's no fun hiding in your house, having them take pictures of you through your fence! Not an easy access for them. SHE WANTS THIS. Where the hell is her mom?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

La_guyBR

To answer # 7 question, it's so they don't get another DUI. Plus, they have the correct change to afford it.

lkpdmd

IS SHE ENGAGED TO KANYE? ANSWER ME SOMEONE?! that is what the radio is reporting.

Matilda

I have a question - - is TMZ a Paparazzi fan site? If so, I think I'm wasting my time. I don't give a flip if a photographer gets smacked down - I just like seeing celebs wreck their train. The paps aren't the focus of anyone's attention.

BOYCOTT ARUBA

Brit,
just go home and stay there for a while, ok?

Geeeeeeeez