TMZ Tape Subpoenaed in Brit Custody Case

10/3/2007 2:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ video will become an exhibit in the Britney/K-Fed custody fight.

As we first reported, one of the reasons L.A. County Court Commissioner Scott Gordon stripped Brit of custody was because she was driving her kids this past weekend without a valid California license -- a direct violation of the judge's order.

Turns out, Gordon found out about Britney's Malibu drive after TMZ posted the video this past weekend.

Celebrity lawyer Mark Vincent Kaplan subpoenaed our video yesterday. We complied with the subpoena today by depositing it with the court. There's a hearing today at 1:30 PM, where Brit's lawyers will argue Britney's non-compliance was all a big misunderstanding.

Spears got her California license yesterday, so she is now free to drive to the fast food restaurant of her choice and has the blessing of the state of California.

Patty

Now I am not surprised that TMZ will be subpoenaed to court. You all spied on her every single move to get the top story and the end result is what it is. I don't condone what Britney has done but I am aggravated that you guys were constantly up her skirt.

Unfortunately more celebs will fall under your lenses and more lives will be ruined.

Tangie

Do you people understand "LOSE" is not spelled "loose?!?!

Tracy

#46, I'm not toothless or a drug addict and I don't agree with you...Imagine that! But I do know of some drug addicts (with prostitution) on their record that still have their kids. Pretty sick huh...I think Britney will get her kids back once she realizes that she has to do what the courts tell her she has to do. She was testing the waters and now knows that she needs to do the random drug screening and all that other crap K-fed is requesting. Now, if she continues not to comply then I don't think she should have her kids (nor would I think that she wants them) Her actions now (regarding the courts) will determine how bad she wants her kids back.

DarNel

How the hell does the California DMV issue a drivers license to a perosn who is charged with driving without a license after being involved in a hit and run. Hell most common people go to jail not get issued a drivers license.

PUBLIC SAFETY IS AT STAKE

I am a mother, a step-mother, and a grandmother -- and I can tell you, that girl sure didn't seem to me like she was at all concerned for the welfare of her children. Not at all. I am so glad that they were removed. I frankly think she needs immediate hospitalization.

just wondering

...REMORSE?????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...she owes NOBODY any remorse!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...things will fall into place for her and her record will be # 1 AGAIN and all will be fine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...sorry Brit haters...she isn't going to kill herself !!!!!!!!!!...GET OVER IT ALREADY!!

Samuel

BRITNEY'S #3 ON THE BILLBOARD HOT 100! SHE WENT FROM 68 TO 3 IN A WEEK!

Tangie

If anybody here is a mother, then you KNOW you would do whatever you had to do to keep your kids. She did not. She wanted those kids gone. As mothers, we ALL know this to be true.

Nanna

It broke my heart when I saw the two little ones holding hands in the back.seat of the car. Trying to protect each other from such a worthless piece of S*** of a mother. I hope this all comes back to haunt her. Children do not deserve to be treated this way.

A REal Journalist

How interesting that you'd choose to embrace a subpeona that you inspired and go into business with a police department. Anybody in that joint go to journalism school?
Oh, and your TV show sucks, too.

PUBLIC SAFETY IS AT STAKE

WHEN DID THE "COOTER-AND-AZZ-SHOT QUEEN" SUDDENLY GET SO SHY?

NEWSFLASH: SHE'S NOT!

SHE PHONES THE PAPS AND LETS THEM KNOW WHICH PUBLIC RESTROOM SHE'LL BE APPEARING AT NEXT!

steve

you guys think BRITNEY's bad

you people are sick. you're acually PROUD that you got her kids taken away,

i don't neccesarily agree with everything she does, but you guys are purposely tryingto ruin someone else's life.

watch out TMZ karma's a bitch.

just wondering

...#77 FANTASTIC....only a short matter of time until Britney is #1 around the world again on ALL the charts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bebe

PLEASE GIVE THIS LITTLE GIRL A BREAK !!!! I THINK THAT RIGHT KNOW IS JUST A MEDIA CIRCUS!!!!EVERYONE WANTS A PIECE OF BRITNEY...........

Nuts

harvey is so proud now.mommy mommy were part of the britney case now.i am finally a someone.arnt you poud mommy.