David Spade Donates to the Family of Fallen Officer

10/8/2007 1:56 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

David SpadeDavid Spade may be best known for skewering celebs and inexplicably dating attractive women, but beneath that sarcastic exterior lies a heart of gold.

Spade read the story of Phoenix police officer Nick Erfle, who was fatally shot by an undocumented immigrant last month. The story of the officer -- who had returned to patrol after overcoming a bout with cancer, and left behind a widow and two children -- touched Spade so much, he sent the family $25,000 to help them get back on their feet.

Spade had never met the officer but we're told Spade often donates to police charities in L.A. and this particular story "just touched him."

gary

first?

Skylar

I saw David Spade perform at a university a few years ago. He seemed like a nice guy at the time (though I only saw him onstage).

This doesn't surprise me at all. Good going being a caring human and making the news as a celebrity for doing something positive.

He's Boring now

Glad to hear this has been, coatail hanger on, unfunny, Buxom Blonde chaser actually does good things in this world. Congratulations on your humanity. Now work on your act---its gotten old in show business

Frenchgirl

Yeah #1, you're the first idiot to say first.

Good for David Spade, my heart goes out to the family.

Spade dates D class at best!

The illegals part is radical - make them build the walls - then on to a fun tour of Iraq & Iran!

jeff

That was very nice of him. I'm just curious since he must have called the press to tell them what a nice guy he is if he writes this off as a donation or puts it under p.r. expense

GABY

i really hope THIS IS TRUE... ahhh its good to see celebrities using their money for something good! WHAT A GREAT CITIZEN

Patty

God Bless You David...I'm 63 years old and I've always thought you were a sweetheart..
That was a very kind thing you did for this family....

CelebrityFed

way to go david....and keep up the good work ....and keep bangin those hot broads

Panzona

Class act!!!

someone

Even if he did it somewhat for publicity....

at least he did it, he could have gone around flashing his crotch (ala britney spears)
for publicity.

so, i give him much credit. nice to see a rich person who ain't stuck up and snobby.

Kate

That was an incredible act whether it was for publicity or not. I personally think it had nothing to do with publicity but a more fortunate member of society reaching out to those in need.

Also just on a side note, this is one of many many tragic stories involving crimes inflicted by illegal immigrants. The liberal media only prints the "woe is me help me" illegal immigrant stories. Build a wall and kick all of them out including their children.

Sharona

Class act David!

someone

Send the ILLEGALS BACK HOME!!!!

I'm not racist, and if you wanna come here legally, then thats fine!

Hell, actually I don't even care if you ARE illegal, as long as you PAY TAXES LIKE THE REST OF US, and don't SPONGE off our welfare system and steal our social security (and the numbers).

kim

If this story is true-what a great guy David is! Every celeb out there could afford to unload $25,000. Thats a purse to them! These are the people who should be winning awards! The do gooders of Hollywood not Al Gore etc =(

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments