Garth Brooks Hits the Big Screen

10/10/2007 3:13 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

For one brief minute in 1999, country music phenom Garth Brooks introduced the masses to his weird alt-rocker alter ego "Chris Gaines" -- RIP -- and thankfully, he was never heard from again! But it now it looks like Garth's got another multiple personality under his hat -- movie star?!

Brooks is taking a break from one of those self-imposed faux-retirements that musicians do, and signed on to do nine concerts this November in country music hotspot Kansas City, Missouri. While tix for all performances are already sold out (for reals!), Brooks has struck a deal to have one of the concerts simulcast to more than 300 movie theaters around the country. Cool beans, y'all!

Garth-ophiles will have to wait to find out when to rush to the theaters -- reps for the event have yet to announce a date.

DDunn62

1ST!!!!
Washed up has been!

hi

TheONE

Boringgggg

leigh

I live in KC and have 4th row floor tickets to Garth's Nov. 11 show. He opened the new Sprint Center here today and apparently it's the Nov. 14th show (the originally scheduled one) that will be broadcase live in movie theatres. Just FYI, all 9 concerts sold out in 1 hr 58 minutes.

Tangie

I hate country music! Grrr......

Only swim in the Ocean

This gives Kansas City a bad name, glad I don't live there.

Dawn Day

**YAWN**

I thought I'd never say this but....What's Britney up to?

Scot

89th! Gosh this First and Second thing is old.

wewearshort-shorts

Love Garth, love his music-can't wait to see him in concert!

Stacey Vierra

I live in KC..............Here's the highlights from The Kansas City Star paper.
Garth Brooks announced Wednesday at the Sprint Center that his Nov. 14 show would be broadcast live in movie theaters around the world.Hundreds gather
for Sprint Center opening

Hundreds of people turned out this morning to watch country singer Garth Brooks and Kansas City leaders open the $276 million Sprint Center.

Dawn Day

#2 - DDunn62,

1) YOU are the NOT the 1st Washed Up Has Been....There are plenty more before you!

2) YOU were not FIRST......BAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

Erica

Wow.... I am really sad that you people are so bitter and jealous that you dont live in kansas city. Its terriable that you cant appeciate real talent when it is right in front of your face!!

jocker

Will he have his fat home wrecking wife with him?

Hal

Jocker, I'm with you on that.
We have to remember, though, she didn't put a gun to his head and say come with me or die! The man in such as this is partially to blame.

Hal

I never have thought Garth Brooks was "all that and a bag of chips."

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments