Garth Brooks Hits the Big Screen

10/10/2007 3:13 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

For one brief minute in 1999, country music phenom Garth Brooks introduced the masses to his weird alt-rocker alter ego "Chris Gaines" -- RIP -- and thankfully, he was never heard from again! But it now it looks like Garth's got another multiple personality under his hat -- movie star?!

Brooks is taking a break from one of those self-imposed faux-retirements that musicians do, and signed on to do nine concerts this November in country music hotspot Kansas City, Missouri. While tix for all performances are already sold out (for reals!), Brooks has struck a deal to have one of the concerts simulcast to more than 300 movie theaters around the country. Cool beans, y'all!

Garth-ophiles will have to wait to find out when to rush to the theaters -- reps for the event have yet to announce a date.

curley

I am in Kansas City, and we love that Garth is coming to entertain us at our new Sprint Center. No one can compare with Garth. He sold more than 100 million albums in just 10 years; sold out 350+ shows in 100 cities from 1996-1999. His wife, Trisha Yearwood, is talented and lovely. I also love Kansas City -- that may be why he chose our city; he knows we appreciate his efforts and recognize the "real deal" when we see and hear it.

Proud Marine Mom

His concerts are GREAT! He runs all over the place; yet sounds great. Not bad for an overwight man running and singing at the same time! I know healthy people that can NOT dance and sing at the same time without lip synching.

Brett Dale

Very Cool, Garth is a great singer and entertainer, and doesn't have to reley on PR Stunts or tabloid gossip, like most of the people this site features.

Del

He is a legend. Its great that a man thinks that much of his children to put his career on hold so he can be there to raise them. AS far as Trisha goes, cast that first stone if you have not made mistakes in your life. At least the kids will benow live in a happy environment instead of with two parents that no longer love each other. GO GARTH !!!!!

Del

He is not doing it for the money or else he wouldnt be charging a mere $25 a ticket. This is a man that can put on the same kind of show that anyone else can for the fraction of the cost. This is the way it ought to be. Garth is not greedy, he misses performing.

Bear

Well,

All I want to say is I have the Chris Gaines CD......I love it........the lyrics and music is terrific.

Kristy

LEAVE GARTH ALONE DONT YOU PEOPLE SOMETHING ELSE DO THEN PICK ON HIM! GEEZE

sandyduncansglasseye

damn his is hot!...really, he is one sexy man.

BTW

It will be the Nov 14 concert, I have Floor A tickets for 8 of the nine concerts

Susan B

Hey Leigh: I have tickets also. See you on November 11th in KC........I am so excited to see Garth!!!!

boo booring

ha funny..right now i'm listening to his song with his wife trisha.

......"walk on....and our hearts will lead us....."

AWWWWWWWW!

Mark

Who is Garth Brooks??????????

roy obannon

since he is older and appears heavier maybe he should change his name to "Girth Brooks"

Kristy

since he is older and appears heavier maybe he should change his name to "Girth)Brooks)

Ohhh your just made beacuse he's living like a king your not (HAHA)

everyday I read this web site watch some of you make fools of yourselfs.Today I see Gath Brooks ") SORRY i CANT SHUT UP LOL!!!

Patty

I saw Garth Brooks in concert and it was the best concert I ever saw. I am not even a big country fan but that man can put on a show! Plus he refused to allow the venue to charge more than $25.00 for tickets.

Why would anyone hate Garth Brooks? He's never done anything but entertain people.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments