Commish to Brit -- Nighttime Is the Right Time

10/11/2007 6:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Britney Spears will get one overnight visit with her kids per week -- at least for now.

L.A. County Court Commissioner Scott Gordon partially accepted her lawyer's plea to give Spears monitored overnight visitation. Spears, who was in court, was sworn in as the afternoon hearing began. She testified, but we don't know what she said.

Spears left the courtroom visibly upset. The overnight visits will be monitored. The parties have not reached an agreement on choosing a different monitor than the one who is already in place.

A court spokesman said today was the result of a compromise between the two sides -- Brit wanted more, K-Fed didn't want her to have any overnights.

K-Fed's lawyer, Mark Vincent Kaplan, said after the hearing that he met with Brit's lawyers during the lunch hour. The attorneys told the court that they all agreed to "slightly increase" Brit's visitation. In other words, K-Fed agreed to give Brit a break, and a chance.

Kaplan said protections were in place for the kids.

justsayin

will never happen...all for show...the monitor will show for the overnight stay and she'll refuse because once a tweaker always a tweaker!

All you supporters will have blood on your hands when she goes off the deep end and pulls an Andrea Yates!

anonymous

I'm confused...I just read that the Commissioner said "No" to any night visits.If she does have overnight visits it's a BIG mistake.

LA

I am extremely disappointed in the Judge. I thought he saw thru her and honestly could not be manipulated. She is a horrendous mother........and quite honestly, should not be allowed around those children except on a very very limited basis. I feel sooo very sorry for those poor little boys. She had no business bringing children into this world.

courtney

I LOVE K-FED

Shitney, please drop of the face of the planet.

The Judge said he had not seen any results of her passing any drug tests.

?????

Lack of empathy is one of the first signs of a sociopath.

chismosa

Thats good that it is supervised. The Paps don't let her any slack, I hope she dosen't take them out because they will scare thoese kids. I don't get it with the law not having those Paps back off.

S

Too f'in bad if she's upset. She put herself in this situation. So now she's having to face the consequences (IMAGINE THAT!) Get over yourself Britney. You aint all that.

If you love u'r kids PROVE IT. Stop with all the antics and papwhoring around. I'll be happy when the world is OVER Britney.

JudyPhd

(1) I have it from pretty reliable insiders that the courts could care less what TMZ reports so those worrying about the totally lowbrow direction TMZ has taken recently...quit worrying. (2) Does anyone recall KFed caring much about custody or issues with the kids from first grilfriend? Oh yeah, she had nothing to pay him and he had no chance of increased monetary gain via Child Support by putting on the "Daddy Show." (3) And there's not even the remotest possibility that some of the media feeding of negative press of Britney could well be part of overall smear campaign by KFed? Gee, who would stand to gain by smearing her or taking advantage of her admittedly erratic antics an playing them up even more? Hmmmmmmmm....What better way to keep fueling his quest for more Custody.......or do we mean more CS $$$$$ to him? Suffice it to say there is far more to this sad story than Britney.

rock I.Q

thanks deb I agree with you Too.... give her a chance now that she has woken up from whatever she had going on.lets step back a minute and waTch as we always do....thanks to the Dirtball paps and the tmz;s... I love you guys :) THANKS for stalking brit and given us all these great brit moments...

BAM

Congrats. Now don't f**k it up, you little gutter skank

nancy

Guys, fill me in.

The one thing I quite honestly don't know is--how is Ms. Spears supposed to be a bad mother? There are SO many performers and rock singers in the past--and today--who were pretty wild, but the courts never took the kids away. It seems like Ms. Spears is not at all as wild as many people in showbiz! She seems to love her kids.

SO guys, fill me in. I don't know what she's done that deserves having her kids taken away.

angie

yay britney.... i am so happy for you. keep your chin up it will all work out and you will have those boys back soon.

jlgl1175

Any mom that steps up and puts her kids first get my vote! Never thought I'd say this but Go Britney!!

Ramy H.

For the person that put "no comment" what was the point of that???. Good she should atleast get her kids 3 times a week for night visitation.