K-Fed's Lawyer to Brit -- Overnights My A**

10/11/2007 11:49 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Celebrity lawyer Mark Vincent Kaplan, K-Fed's attorney, just told TMZ he will absolutely oppose Brit's move to get overnight visits with the kids.

Brit's lawyers will ask Commissioner Scott Gordon for overnights, partly because she's passed all her drug tests. Kaplan said, "She's 25 years old. The order is a week old." The upshot of Kaplan's statement -- one week does not a responsible parent make.

As for Britney showing up in court -- last night, she said she would. At the time this story is being published, Brit has 35 minutes to get to the courthouse. She's in Marina del Rey and she'll have to drive across town in rush hour traffic -- not likely she'll make it.

DP

Okay! So there is no perfect parent on the planet, and that includes Britney & KEVIN FEDERLINE! I mean, isn't this the same guy who left his girlfriend, SHAR, their daughter and then soon to be born son, KALEB for Britney Spears?! While I do agree Brit needs help, I don't believe K-FED is much better at all. I just don't see how anybody can give this guy all the credit that he's getting right now. While he may indeed be somewhat stable, it seems America is giving him WAYYYYYYYYY too much credit in the parenting field, I think! This is the same guy people that the majority of theAmerican public hated just a 6 months to a year ago. As a parent, and recovering addict myself, I do indeed believe Brit is hurting so deeply inside, and I am glad that her family has stepped in to help her out during this terrible time. Also, I do know that whenever you have so many people against you, and you're an addict, things can go from 100% to -100% causing you to numb the pain unfortunately with drugs and/or alcohol. I, too, had my two young children taken from me over me not being in control of my life at the time, and I am here to tell you; it is so surreal at first, and then reality kicks in, and knocks the breath out of you! Their is nothing more degrading than being stripped from your kids, and I just hope B is going to show the entire world that she can, and most definately can be a good mom to her sons. Recovery and sobriety are extremely difficult during trauma like this. I say: "Good Luck Britney" This is just another tragic story that everybody loves, because God forbid if she'd do something great or even good, it would probably NEVER make TMZ's headlines! Failure is something that people just seem to love-and that's ridiculous!

debster

in regards to # 31 and thier comments I agree with your comments about Kfed but do realize it's also shar who said despite thier past drama he is a good father to thier two, and please remember he's not the one going off the deep end, he might not be the best but out of the two I'd say leave the kids with him until she gets it together.

SheSharpShoots

So, it's 8:40... Come one TMZ, you are lagging... Did she show up on time?

thats right

#31 I feel for you, and thats great you turned your life around. BUT this girl has everything money, fame, houses, cars, and travel around the world, and what does she doe runs around town like an ass and doesn't stop. The day she lost her kids she handed them over two days early to a bobdy guard not even to the father and then went clubbing that night are you kidding me. Yes you are right Kein is a jerk, but you never hear anybody not even Shar that he is a bad father never, and since this has all started he has not been in the spot light, why because he knew that he had to keep his nose clean and he did. Britney did not and she keeps running the streets like shes a teenager. She is suppose to be a mother not some kind of tramp running around town dressed like she just rode a pole give me a break . She does not desearve those kids. There are to many women in this world who desearve to have kids that can't, having a child is a gift from god. Mother are suppose to treasure there babies. Britney had that chance and she messed up to many times. Its over.

Merl

Yep, you do not want any cut in his support. He does not want to work, just a bum living off Britney.

Merl

L in SF

So, adult people are making their living following this talent-less zero around ? Do they actually tell their friends they have a profession?Regardless of her smarts, it's her private family, her actions, time, leave her alone. America, pick up a book !

Annonymous -

that's los angeles traffic for you, - turn on your sirens like youre a policewoman on the run for a stake out

Sheenie

If she manages to show up for court then the judge should think about it, but like that's gona happen.

Sheenie

Julie G.

To answer your question #20 by Kb, I have lived in California for 25 years before I moved to Kansas. I know some resturants allow the animals only outside on the sun porches, not inside unless the service dog like hearing or guide. I have not seen people bring the dogs inside during of 25 years of my living in California. I don't know how people get to bring their dogs inside the restraunts that you and I have seen on TMZ.com. Maybe their money to give to get the deal or something else , I don't know.

Annette

She's probably going to set herself up to Miss the appearance. Traffic, you know. Just like any other kid, she doesn't want to get dressed down for her antics. Avoidance, y'all!

bjs

Court spokesperson just said she was a NO SHOW....

I am so not surprised! What a loser! Way to go Brit, show the Judge you are REAL serious about your children. What a loser! Go have yourself committed!

Annette

C'MON TMZ!!!!! C'MON C'MON C'MON!!!!! WUZ UP??? DID SHE MAKE IT???

Some Faustkateer

There are lots of products available to anyone who wants to pass a urine-drug test, so Britney's smart attorneys finally made that happen. Her extreme haircut some months back was because drug-air testing was originally on the table and so, it was a delaying tactic. Now she can party all she wants and still pass a piss test! Cleansing solutions are very hard on the body, however, so after three or four tests, she'll get lazy and pop positive.

Gabrielle

Until Britney, herself, realizes that she has major issues to deal with, she should not be getting her kids back. Just because she may have past a couple of drugs tests, does not mean that she is capable of acting like a parent to these two young kids. There is a case that is open with CPS anyhow, so she won't be getting the kids back as quickly as she may think. And to the bashing of KFed, not for nothing, but how he left his ex-girlfriend while she was pregnant, you know, there are many guys across this country that do the same exact thing! We have never been with Kevin to know what kind of father he truely is, so how can we judge that. And before some say it goes the same way with Britney, it doesn't. Britney was out at the clubs, shopping and everywhere else, instead of being home with her children. As to where Kevin, is not seen out in the public drinking it up, showing off his privates and driving like a mad man. For all we know, Kevin could be a great loving father to all his children. And as for the money issue and KFed, you tell me if the roles were reverse, how many women would be linked to wanting money from their ex-spouse? It goes both ways. How many celebritiy wives have taken their ex-spouses to the cleaners when they divorce, and that is suppose to be ok? But it is wrong when a guy does it? We also have to remember that Britney and Kevin had a pre-nup and since the divorce they are going according to the pre-nup. It would be great if people would look at the overall picture instead of just bits and pieces.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments